Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2023, 12:03 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,224,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"He went to investigate the train robberies happening"

Has he EVER visited his OWN southern border?

He supports "sanctuary cities" which are against the law!
Apparently he has, but it's obvious by now that the border invasion is to continue.

Old 12-03-2023, 12:19 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,224,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Talking about who has a more natural smile... lol, give me a break.... and how would that impact their state or country? I betcha the devil is smiling too.

Governor DeSantis has a 'get'er done' soldier mentality smile and Newson has an used car salesmen smile.
I can't understand how people can concentrate so much on their heights, smiles, looks, etc. Who cares?? Our country is in shambles and is a joke right now.

Old 12-03-2023, 01:29 PM

13,690 posts, read 7,976,787 times
The problem I see with Newsom (and many elites on the left) is they often...

Quote:
... start with a premise that we're for social justice and equity of result, so we're morally superior and smarter than anybody else. And therefore we're entitled to do things other people don't do.

...They start with the deducitvie principle that, "We are better, this is the vision and thereof the following must happen." And if things don't fit the narrative, they go after the person, they censor. That's how they work. And if you keep that in mind, than everybody makes sense.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...g_in_2024.html

Old 12-03-2023, 04:01 PM

50,724 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"it’s about seeming authentic and genuine"
Well Hollywood IS in Ca.

It's not specific to him, or anyone in particular. Some people are more natural than others, DeSantis simply seems uncomfortable with what to do with his expressions, etc during debates. It's not a statement on either of them politically, but maybe an explanation why DeSantis' campaign failed to live up to expectations.

Old 12-03-2023, 04:03 PM

50,724 posts, read 36,424,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I can't understand how people can concentrate so much on their heights, smiles, looks, etc. Who cares?? Our country is in shambles and is a joke right now.

It's just human nature. It's always been. Seeming genuine was also a problem for Hilary, and it is for Kamela, too. Once TV came into the picture, campaigns changed and candidates changed how they campaign.

Old 12-04-2023, 05:01 AM

58,994 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Again, I don't think he's a phony. He's a popular governor and that's fine. Their state. Their governor. But I don't want him running the country.
https://calmatters.org/commentary/20...put-it-to-use/

My wife and I are retired and have a bit of money. However, we don't have enough to where money doesn't matter. We're financially comfortable and prefer Cal. politics to stay in Cal.
"We're financially comfortable and prefer Cal. politics to stay in Cal."

"When you keep your head when everybody else is losing theirs, MAYBE, you haven't GRASPED THE SITUATION", as they say!

And this is from very liberal MSN:

https://www.msn.com › en-us › news › us › again-more-people-are-leaving-california-than-moving-in-data-shows-where-are-they-going › ar-AA1jcpxq

Again, more people are leaving California than moving in, data ... - MSN

Nov 1, 2023Between 2021 and 2022, roughly 818,000 California residents moved out of state, according to recent data from the U.S. Census Bureau. The bureau's data shows a net loss of roughly 342,000 people .

Old 12-04-2023, 05:16 AM

58,994 posts, read 27,275,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It's not specific to him, or anyone in particular. Some people are more natural than others, DeSantis simply seems uncomfortable with what to do with his expressions, etc during debates. It's not a statement on either of them politically, but maybe an explanation why DeSantis' campaign failed to live up to expectations.
"DeSantis simply seems uncomfortable with what to do with his expressions, etc"

And your "expert" credentials are what?

"seems", "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", as they say.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 12-04-2023 at 05:24 AM..

Old 12-04-2023, 06:42 AM

3,317 posts, read 2,133,501 times
Seems like the biggest thing worth noting from the debate was that Newsom's wife had to throw in the towel for Governor CommuNewsom.

Old 12-04-2023, 07:21 AM

14,961 posts, read 9,794,276 times
The question is Which State is/has more freedoms. There is no question... NONE, Florida is a freer state by all measures. Taken in aggregate... Florida is #2 and California is #48. That just the bottom line. There's just no getting around that fact. Spin the data any way you want.... create partial truths, no one if fooled but the fool with their own lies and inuendo's.

The product of such reality... people are leaving California.

Does anyone want our country to emulate California? I'd bet the ranch more would prefer the governance of Governor Ron DeSantis over governor Newsom.

California awaits you. Bring lawyers -guns-and money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies