Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How confident are you that Trump will beat Biden?
Very Confident 47 26.70%
Confident 24 13.64%
Somewhat Confident 28 15.91%
Not Confident if Trump is the nominee we're Toast. 77 43.75%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2023, 04:54 AM

6,593 posts, read 7,083,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Trump is safer with nuclear secrets than Biden who has shown a propensity to sell his office to the highest bidder including the Chinese. Trump also was a much better President on policy than Biden has been.
Proof?

I have proof of the Trumps selling influence.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/jared...pnJQ3W3DXvMR94
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2023, 04:56 AM

1,193 posts, read 615,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
So you are okay with Donald Trump to hold on to our nuclear secrets and other top secret classified documents and storing that in his bathroom? You actually think the Democrats forced him to store that stuff there? You think the lawyers around him are lying when they said that Donald tried to get them to lie that all of the documents were turned over to the government? I am not sure about you but as a retired Non-commissioned officer in the US Army I for one will never vote to allow that man anywhere near classified information. I think he has done enough damage. I would vote for anyone to include Hilary whom I would not vote for because of Bengazi.

As long as Donald is trying to become president so he can push aside all of those indictments I will oppose him. You can believe those polls but at almost a year out they are absolutely meaningless.
Trump held on to nuclear secrets for 4 years before and nothing happened. Biden stole classified documents when he was VP but I guess that's okay.

Old 11-27-2023, 04:57 AM

6,593 posts, read 7,083,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
Trump held on to nuclear secrets for 4 years before and nothing happened. Biden stole classified documents when he was VP but I guess that's okay.
Not while president are we concerned about. Trump held on to documents after leaving the presidency. That is a crime

Old 11-27-2023, 04:59 AM

6,800 posts, read 14,018,392 times
This election just like the last one is not Trump against Biden. It is pro-Trump against anti-Trump voters. Trump has never ever tried to expand the tent. He simply doubles down on his foolery to please his ardent supporters. It has been proven over and over that he cannot win with just his base. He does not talk policy issues at his rally but more about retribution for those who he deemed did him wrong. His court issues are based on his actions. It is not democrats who are testifying against him but rather people he himself put in office. The cry election fraud but it is been proven time and time again that no fraud existed. They want to use Hunter Biden as a weapon but have provided no evidence to this point that Biden received any benefit. The fact of the matter is Trump is high on innuendo but low on proof. Smart college educated folks in the suburbs and not falling for the Trump mystic. No one believes Biden is the greatest president in their lifetime but you hear Trump supporters say this all the time. In their eyes Trump is the only one who can save America. No one interested in the Trump revenge tour. He is done.

Old 11-27-2023, 05:31 AM

19,799 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
This election just like the last one is not Trump against Biden. It is pro-Trump against anti-Trump voters. Trump has never ever tried to expand the tent. He simply doubles down on his foolery to please his ardent supporters. It has been proven over and over that he cannot win with just his base. He does not talk policy issues at his rally but more about retribution for those who he deemed did him wrong. His court issues are based on his actions. It is not democrats who are testifying against him but rather people he himself put in office. The cry election fraud but it is been proven time and time again that no fraud existed. They want to use Hunter Biden as a weapon but have provided no evidence to this point that Biden received any benefit. The fact of the matter is Trump is high on innuendo but low on proof. Smart college educated folks in the suburbs and not falling for the Trump mystic. No one believes Biden is the greatest president in their lifetime but you hear Trump supporters say this all the time. In their eyes Trump is the only one who can save America. No one interested in the Trump revenge tour. He is done.
And that is why I "bristle' whenever anyone 'accuses' me of being a Trump supporter when I say I am a conservative or express conservative opinions. Imo, most Trump supporters are as stupid as most Biden supporters. I am not talking about people who voted for one or the other as a protest against the other one or because one was more in line with their opinions than the other -- but I am talking about those who think that Trump is a wonderful person or that Biden has done a great job as POTUS.

Last edited by katharsis; 11-27-2023 at 05:42 AM..

Old 11-27-2023, 07:11 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
A lot of people see it NOT as Trump vs. Biden. It could be Trump vs A Blow Up Doll. It's Trump vs Not Trump. And many people will vote Not Trump.
In a nutshell. It's not Biden vs Trump. It is that. Do you want Trump back as president of the United States? Yes or No.

Old 11-27-2023, 07:37 AM

18,052 posts, read 15,639,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post

Revenge, retribution, sticking it to others, intending to act against the constitution, acting against Americans, and other various threats made, are, IMO, a horrible plan for a country. That's what Americans need to consider, because one candidate has gone on record about that very agenda and has spelled out his intentions.

Some have opined it would "be fun" or "hilarious" to see Trump take his revenge; they want to be entertained, and they want to see vengeance against other Americans or anyone else.

Old 11-27-2023, 08:10 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
I’m not sure who will win in 2024, but here are some facts to consider:

1. In the past 4 Presidential Elections, the Democratic candidate has averaged 50.80% of the national popular vote. The last time that occurred, Franklin Delano Roosevelt was in the White House.

2. The Democratic candidate has won the national popular vote in 7 of the last 8 elections since 1992. That has never happened before in American History.

3. Historically, the winner of the national popular vote has also won the Electoral College 90% of the time for the last 200 years.

4. The percentage of eligible voters who are white non-college graduates falls by 2% to 3% with the passage of every 4 year Presidential Election cycle, not because of a “foreign invasion” but because more voters in that demographic are dying of old age than reaching voting age. Non-college whites favor the GOP by a ratio of 2:1.

5. Due to that diminishing base of white non-college voters, no GOP victory in the recent past is statistically repeatable. If you rerun the 2004 Bush victory or the 2016 Trump victory, and leave turnout margin and the percentages the same, but only change the composition of the electorate to what is predicted in 2024, a Democrat would win. That means that the Republicans have to win in a way they haven’t before, by either getting higher and higher percentages of the white vote, or more minority votes than ever before, or some combination thereof.

6. While the white non-college vote is shrinking, there are millions of young Latinos reaching voting age with every election. It is quite conceivable that the Republican nominee could significantly improve the party’s standing with Latinos by percentage, while actually lose by a larger number of votes because there are more eligible Latino voters.

7. The same polls that currently show Trump winning the swing states, find him losing them if he is convicted of a felony. The federal conviction rate is about 95%. They don’t bring weak cases to trial.

8. The GOP hasn’t had a good election since Dobbs. Democrats have overperformed by an average of 8% in special elections since it was released.

9. There has never been a Democratic Party voter motivator to match Donald John Trump.

If the 2024 election happens not go your way, I would advise that you take a deep dive into the numbers before you assume that it was stolen.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 11-27-2023 at 08:47 AM..

Old 11-27-2023, 08:23 AM

23,474 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
They ignore all of that, including that he'd stolen classified documents from the SCIF while he was senator.

The also ignore that Biden* had lied when he'd said he didn't know about having the classified documents that he'd stolen.

And he and his lawyers had lied about 'suddenly discovering' the documents, when they'd known about them and had been going through them at various times about a year and a half earlier.

Also, it seems with those particular documents, "Biden may have retained sensitive documents related to specific countries involving his family’s foreign business schemes that brought in millions for the Biden family."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...b4a9db8e&ei=74

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
Not while president are we concerned about. Trump held on to documents after leaving the presidency. That is a crime
^and the Biden* excuses just come rolling out. lol.

Old 11-27-2023, 08:43 AM

25,693 posts, read 12,772,161 times
"Republicans are going to win in a way they haven't before...more minority votes than ever before" is a likely scenario.

Blacks, Latino's, Asians, & Jews are all going to vote more for Trump than before.

The Democrat tent has fallen apart. All they have left are Black women, White Elites in the NE & West Coast, & LGBT.

But, I still don't think Biden will be the DNC candidate. Newsom has his tryout Thursday night at 9...unless he lays an egg, he's their guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies