Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 05:36 PM

25,982 posts, read 22,176,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well now it would not do Israel any good to NOT find something.

I just do not trust any MSM or any government anymore.
You go to the top of class with a score of 100%! Thank God, truly thank God, someone else gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
This isn't rocket science. Where else did you think Hamas would have a command center? I can't believe anyone would think otherwise no matter what side you are on.
Well, I am sure they know that Israel wouldn't care if they hit a hospital, so maybe it had to do more with technology resources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I can hear the Pro Hamas supporters now. They put it in the Hospital because they knew that Israel would bomb it if it was anywhere else..........

Has there been any movement on the hostages? Why don't the Pro Hamas protesters demand they be released? Nothing would move this conflict towards a cease fire like turning over the hostages in a good faith move. I suspect they are all dead or close to it and Hamas is using their memory as a bluff to avoid being completely destroyed.
Pro-Hamas or pro-Palestinian? People keep getting that confused. Now with "Jews For Peace", would that make them pro-Hamas?

https://www.jewishvoiceforpeace.org/

"WE HAVE A PLAN TO END U.S. SUPPORT
FOR ISRAEL’S OPPRESSION OF PALESTINIANS"

"Jewish Voice for Peace is the largest progressive Jewish anti-Zionist organization in the world."

So, do you think they should all be locked up or worse not supporting the oppression of Palestinians?

Makes you wonder who really fans the flames to keep this going for their own gain. So,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Why do they hide in hospitals when Israel has already made it clear they'll bomb it and ask questions later?
That is the standard all the time for Israel when it comes to the Palestinians. I still think possibly for technological reasons the set up would be good. The Palestinians routinely have their homes thrown down if the Israeli army can even suggest that someone might have bad intentions, and the family is then homeless, and not allowed to rebuild. Sometimes they just throw them in the street, and replace them with a Jewish family.

Both sides, at least their military, act first with hatred for race and/or religion. Not something we should be funding.

Old 11-16-2023, 06:18 PM

43,194 posts, read 18,353,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
It's like you are trying to make yourself feel better by asking contextually weak questions.
That's a weak question?

Wouldn't it be strange for a supposed "command center" to be empty?

Command centers are usually fully staffed.

Old 11-16-2023, 06:21 PM

43,194 posts, read 18,353,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Both sides, at least their military, act first with hatred for race and/or religion. Not something we should be funding.

You pretty much nailed it. Both sides want to eliminate each other - all people not just military

Old 11-17-2023, 09:09 AM

7,959 posts, read 3,493,764 times
Well played Hamas! You outmaneuvered the IDF and now they can't attack you even though they know where you are because you're hiding behind your wives and mothers! Smart! Mentos to you!

But wait a minute...what's that whistling noise? Hey IDF play fair!

Old 11-17-2023, 11:06 AM

43,717 posts, read 44,488,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post

they Did claim to find the body of one of the hostages, not in the hospital, but 'nearby'.

Body of Israeli hostage found near Al-Shifa hospital, IDF says
There 2 bodies of 2 female hostages found separately. One was in the hospital and was at a home nearby to the hospital.

Old 11-17-2023, 03:03 PM

19,870 posts, read 18,144,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
weren't they the ones , specifically, who tried to fire that rocket that ended up crashing into the hospital parking lot?
Yes.

Old 11-17-2023, 03:16 PM

57,378 posts, read 26,285,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
There are a ton of pictures of the guns, rocket launchers, grenades, and bombs stored there plus some documents.
I only see that one video. Reporters are not allowed to film or speak to anyone in the hospital, they have not entered the tunnel under the hospital. I would hope there is more than what we have seen.

Last edited by Goodnight; 11-17-2023 at 03:43 PM..

Old 11-17-2023, 03:25 PM

24,684 posts, read 9,499,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
A hospital or medical facility can lose its special legal status if it is used for a military purpose that is “harmful to the enemy,” rather than just for medical care.
The optics still look bad. Even if every hospital in Gaza was a military base, the Arab countries aren't going to be happy to see Israel bombing them.

Arab countries, you know, Israel's neighbors forever, regardless of when this war ends.

The question isn't who wins the war, the question is can you get all your neighbors to stop firing rockets and missiles at you once the war ends.

Old 11-17-2023, 03:40 PM

6,701 posts, read 3,000,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The optics still look bad. Even if every hospital in Gaza was a military base, the Arab countries aren't going to be happy to see Israel bombing them.
The optics will always look bad. I am sure that is the point of why Hamas does what it does.
It isn't just the Arab countries no happy about it but maybe they should get on Iran's case about funding Hamas to escalate things with stunts like Oct7th.

Quote:
Arab countries, you know, Israel's neighbors forever, regardless of when this war ends.
The question isn't who wins the war, the question is can you get all your neighbors to stop firing rockets and missiles at you once the war ends.
Israel didn't make that Iron dome for nothing. Their neighbors can't keep a leach on their Jihadists so Israel needs to. Even after this war subsides, I see nothing really changing, maybe short term. But business as usual. Rinse repeat.

Old 11-17-2023, 04:31 PM

16,565 posts, read 10,665,830 times
Quote:
How about the optics of using a hospital, a place of restoration and healing, as a military command facility? Are the Arabs going to be unhappy about that? Or is it only Israel that they're willing to scrutinize? (This is a rhetorical question. I already know the answer. Double standards are alive and well in that part of the world.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies