Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2023, 08:56 AM

63,001 posts, read 29,187,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
These posts are just carefully crafted arguments for White Supremacy aren’t they? The world in general benefits from cultural and racial diversity. The Klan today works in more sophisticated ways with technology and media platforms. No need for white sheets and burning crosses.
Ah, the typical race card pulling. This isn't about race but culture. Races can live side by side peacefully but clashing cultures are quite another thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2023, 08:57 AM

3,089 posts, read 1,551,650 times
"We are the world
We are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So let's start giving
There's a chance we're taking
We're taking our own lives
It's true we'll make a brighter day
Just you and me"

Old 11-05-2023, 09:01 AM

45,241 posts, read 26,477,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
These posts are just carefully crafted arguments for White Supremacy aren’t they? The world in general benefits from cultural and racial diversity. The Klan today works in more sophisticated ways with technology and media platforms. No need for white sheets and burning crosses.
This response was lazily crafted by someone who just believes what they’re fed by the NYT, The Atlantic, The View, et al.
Wanting to voluntarily segregate based on race, belief system, social status etc. is as old as man.

Old 11-05-2023, 09:21 AM

4,560 posts, read 3,763,284 times
No, that doesn't work - the Earth has only so many resources as a planet. Countries can function as countries, but they have to work together to some degree.

Old 11-05-2023, 09:40 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,604,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
There is just wayy too much hatred, cultural differences, and evil thinking and strain financially on things. .. Maybe it is time to re-evaluate things and become isolationists as countries. You do you, I'll do me.. Wish people nothing but the best, but proceed on your own as a country and dictate your own futures. Its marriage that just can't be reconciled. It is what it is. A melting pot, is just leading to nothing but a burnt down house and foundation
People have been saying that for the last 400 years. And yet, here we are, proceeding on our own as a country. If the foundation of the country was laid strong, it will hold up under the (condemnation of differences) duress of others. However, as history depicts, not every civilization will survive the future. It is what it is.

Old 11-05-2023, 10:02 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,604,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
“Emphasizing diversity has been the pitfall, not the strength, of nations throughout history.”

The Roman Empire worked as long as Iberians, Greeks, Jews, Gauls and myriad other African, Asian and European communities spoke Latin, cherished habeas corpus and saw being Roman as preferable to identifying with their own particular tribe. By the fifth century, diversity had won out but would soon prove a fatal liability. Rome disintegrated when it became unable to assimilate new influxes of northern European tribes. Newcomers had no intention of giving up their Gothic, Hunnish or Vandal identities.”

-Victor Davis Hanson

As to your question on what to do now? It’s too late, our fate is sealed. There are millions inside the country who hate our country and want to remake it.
Interesting, 'diversity had won out but would soon prove a fatal liability' when one considers the make up of the Germanic Tribe, that became the down fall of the Roman Empire.

The Germanic Tribes to 375

"The western German tribes consisted of the Marcomanni, Alamanni, Franks, Angles, and Saxons, while the Eastern tribes north of the Danube consisted of the Vandals, Gepids, Ostrogoths, and Visigoths.
<snip>
There was no real, continual government beyond the clan. In peacetime, tribal assemblies made up of all free men and warriors decided issues of peace and war. They would elect temporary war chiefs, whose legitimacy ended after hostilities."

The fall of ancient civilization all pretty much fell on the same pattern. However, diversity of the civilization isn't one that's listed within the pattern. ("rivals, if successful, fall prey to the same problems", rinse and repeat)

Old 11-05-2023, 10:08 AM

73,050 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Be careful OP, you are echoing some of Trump's ideas to MAGA.

I agree with you. The Great Melting pot of America is now a big stove with every group in their own pots that are dangerously close to bubbling over.

There was a time when it didn't matter what religion you followed or the shade of your skin as long as you were a decent person, a good co worker you could be a friend. Now everyone seems so irritated and quick to anger but this is the way of the Left. They want to pit us against each other so they can sort us to fit into their identity politics and hierarchy of victim hood.
Most don't care if you are black, brown, white, worship a god or a can of soup. We also don't care if you are gay, trans or prefer to be referred to as Fluffy the cat. I think we can all respect your personal choices in a live and let live way BUT we draw the line when we are forced to celebrate your choices and those choices are forced on our kids.

We can all coexist but there is a party movement that is forcing us apart.

Why do we send Billions of our tax dollars and increase our debt to foreign countries that don't even like us when we have so many needy people and mounting problems here at home?

We can't buy friends.

If the USA collapsed I wonder how many of our allies and "friends" would take us in?
To be honest, I read this post and consider that I can't share the same sentiment as you. I think one of the biggest issues with the great melting pot was that in theory, it was suppose to be inclusive of everyone. However, it didn't work that way. All I need to do is look at the history of the United States of America.

When I look through American history, what religion a person was has always mattered. The Know-Nothings were very much against Catholics. The KKK was very much against Jewish and Catholic persons. While MLB player Hank Greenberg was certainly allowed to play in the majors, he got treated badly while there, for being Jewish. Certain ethnic groups hated each other. Look at Chicago. Chicago developed a reputation towards the 1970s as one of the most segregated cities in America. Around the late 19th century/early 20th century, it was one of the most ethnically segregated cities in America. If you were German and walked into a Polish-ran bar, you might get beaten up and kicked out. Alot of churches were drawn along ethnic lines. People were being pitted against each other without much goading.

And don't get me started on the history of racial violence this country has had. Cincinnati had several race riots during the 19th century, often directed against Blacks. By the way, Blacks didn't even choose to come here. They were brought here as slaves. After slavery ended, the racial violence that occurred during Reconstruction ramped up. The South implemented Jim Crow laws, basically disenfranchising and denying Black Americans basic human rights. Actually, there has never been a decade in America where we didn't have race riots. The 1960s just marked the very first time Blacks rose up and rioted across America.

There is rarely been a time in America where race, ethnicity, and religion didn't matter. Even in World War II there was alot of racial strife, at a time when Americans should have been coming together.

When I look at America through the lens of history, it hasn't taken very much to divide and conquer. And the Democrats don't share the blame by themselves. Plenty of Republicans have participated in dividing people. The Southern Strategy is a good example of this.

Old 11-05-2023, 10:23 AM

73,050 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
No, that doesn't work - the Earth has only so many resources as a planet. Countries can function as countries, but they have to work together to some degree.
There are a few countries where most people are of the same ethnicity and have a hard time cooperating. Haiti and Yemen and the best examples. One reason I don't put the blame on diversity itself.

Switzerland speaks 4 different languages. It's a successful country that does well. Everyone considers themselves to be Swiss. On the other hand, Haiti's government has failed significantly, and gangs are basically running the country.

Old 11-05-2023, 10:25 AM

31,083 posts, read 22,113,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
I dont think its white supremacy. More like a closed mind.
"Closed minds"
My Family is white and Hispanic for the most part, with recent Jewish people in the 70s, and my Aunt who married a supposed Liberal Muslim man in the early 90s. By far the most non-Western, Homophobic, Racist, far from Liberal, member of anyone in my entire family is my aunt, her husband, and his family. It's almost as if my extended family on that side is a combination of Rasheed and Khomeini

Old 11-05-2023, 10:28 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,295,082 times
A one world government goes against 10,000 or more years of human history, it's a pipe dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies