Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2023, 02:29 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 15 days ago)

35,657 posts, read 18,015,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Secession would be good. If Texas does it and breaks into several states in the process, that would probably be even better.
If your goal is to ruin Texas, and greatly weaken the US, well, that's a pretty good plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2023, 02:43 PM

27,169 posts, read 15,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
The reason I present this question is the secession movement in Oregon actually seems to be moving forward, at least within the state of Oregon. Most of the eastern counties want to join Idaho, so it wouldn't create a new state, they just want to join another state.

And of course California always has some whacky new state proposals, so I'm just curious what Texans think. A place like Lubbock doesn't have much in common with Austin.
Consider that more rural and conservative Texans are interspersed everywhere through out Texas even around the Austin area.

Old 03-14-2023, 03:25 PM

5,958 posts, read 2,772,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Secession would be good. If Texas does it and breaks into several states in the process, that would probably be even better.
The New Englandization of Texas.

New England has 12 senators. Texas, 2.

It would have political implications, not sure if that's a good thing or a very bad thing.

Old 03-14-2023, 03:41 PM

43,189 posts, read 18,342,538 times
Quote:
The reason I present this question is the secession movement in Oregon actually seems to be moving forward, at least within the state of Oregon. Most of the eastern counties want to join Idaho, so it wouldn't create a new state, they just want to join another state.

And of course California always has some whacky new state proposals, so I'm just curious what Texans think. A place like Lubbock doesn't have much in common with Austin.
Austin hopes that one day it can be airlifted from Texas and relocated to California.

Old 03-14-2023, 03:46 PM

5,079 posts, read 1,671,289 times
Hopefully not.. just keep all of the stupid in California please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
If your goal is to ruin Texas, and greatly weaken the US, well, that's a pretty good plan.
liberals ruin most things they touch, wish they'd stop touching Texas.

Quote:
New England has 12 senators. Texas, 2.
Texas is a state, "New England" is not. Do you need a link to the Constitution, as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Austin hopes that one day it can be airlifted from Texas and relocated to California.
I'll bet the majority of Texas would like the transplants to go back to California. A lot of us in NC wish the same of the Yankee transplants.

Last edited by tipsyguam; 03-14-2023 at 03:54 PM..

Old 03-14-2023, 04:13 PM

45,249 posts, read 26,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It’s all underway. Where have you been?

Old 03-14-2023, 04:23 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,136,913 times
I'll assume that the OP doesn't live in TX.

Just like most states, the big cities in Texas are islands of blue in a sea of red. Texas has a big sea.

There's no west/east Texas divide, or anything close to it. Just some blue dots against a red background, and that's how it'll remain.

No, Texas isn't going to split into multiple states.

Old 03-14-2023, 05:02 PM

24,019 posts, read 15,120,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Austin looks like Plano more and more every day.

Old 03-14-2023, 05:21 PM

5,958 posts, read 2,772,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'll assume that the OP doesn't live in TX.

Just like most states, the big cities in Texas are islands of blue in a sea of red. Texas has a big sea.

There's no west/east Texas divide, or anything close to it. Just some blue dots against a red background, and that's how it'll remain.

No, Texas isn't going to split into multiple states.
Your assumption is correct. I live in California, which also sees quite a few State Split movements, that's why I asked the question in the original post.

There are large swaths of California that are anti-Blue.
Fun Fact, California had more Trump voters than Texas did.

Old 03-14-2023, 05:48 PM

9,174 posts, read 13,270,011 times
Quote:

I am guessing you picked Texas because of its size but to my knowledge there is no even remotely serious proposal to break up Texas. At least as far as I know.

Oregon has a problem because of all the wackos and loonies in the Portland area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies