Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2022, 10:19 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,982,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That is why they wait so long....anyone directly involved is dead and after this long nobody cares.
Actually, some of us do care. Before I die, it would be nice to know who was behind the assassination. It was a major and very shocking event in my life. I was in junior high school at the time.

Unfortunately, if the government even has the answer to my question, I don't think they will ever release it. It's just as likely the government does not know who supported Lee Harvey Oswald.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2022, 10:24 AM

25,942 posts, read 12,960,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
I'm just wondering what could still be considered of national security 59 years later.
If our own gov't (CIA, FBI, or other) had JFK assinated, or looked the other way to allow it to happen, I think every American would want to know that....but they'd never release any of that, so they are releasing meaningless tripe.

The odds of it being 1 man acting alone is remote.

Old 12-16-2022, 10:44 AM

5,778 posts, read 4,735,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
If our own gov't (CIA, FBI, or other) had JFK assinated, or looked the other way to allow it to happen, I think every American would want to know that....but they'd never release any of that, so they are releasing meaningless tripe.

But if true, the govt will never release those documents. Hence why 3% of the document dump from yesterday are still being held back. The govt will never release the truth.

It's also rather peculiar that the govt granted a 60 year hold on releasing the covid vaccine research data. Hmmm. Wonder why?

Old 12-16-2022, 10:50 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,753,367 times
Quote:

As much as this whole sordid incident is fishy and stinks, I have a very hard time believing that anyone in the CIA or FBI had JFK killed. More likely, what I think happened is someone screwed up very badly like hired somebody to kill Fidel Castro and somehow that was turned back against the United States by some traitor working within our government.

I am 100.00% sure they are hiding gross incompetence and gross impropriety

Old 12-16-2022, 11:03 AM

11,083 posts, read 6,024,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
You could be right. If the media and politicians spent as much time doing their actual jobs instead of creating an endless stream of red herrings to distract the public, perhaps things wouldn't be in such a mess.
Ummm .... actually, they are doing their jobs. That's the scary part.

Old 12-16-2022, 12:46 PM

9,954 posts, read 4,704,531 times
Quote:

This. Government agencies either knew about, ignored or enhanced/supplemented existing plots. They had active undercover ops going one with one or several associated with Oswald in someway.

In the end I think CIA was trying to plant Oswald as a spy even if that process took years. He was probably deep long term undercover. I get redactions for a decade or two but over a 1/2 century??? Either the three letter agencies 100% blew it and they are covering up embarrassments or in some way they had a hand directly or indirectly. Oswald had a role but doubt there were not others involved..

Old 12-16-2022, 04:29 PM

26,662 posts, read 28,762,957 times
It's sort of like the disappearance of Amelia Earhart (famous American woman aviator trying to fly around the world back in 1937). There are stories about someone finding shoes like she wore on some deserted island, or other theories of what happened to her. People still wonder.

Funny, but several years ago someone came up with some actual photographs of her and her navigator on a dock in some remote island in the Pacific. It sure did look like them anyway. The geographic area was correct too. Well, I followed a thread here on CD where some very smart people, including the ones who participate in the People Finder forum, and they arrived at a conclusion which is probably 100% correct.

Children and grandchildren of the inhabitants of those Pacific islands still remembered the white woman who was rescued (the first white woman they had ever seen) and they remembered a man who was with her. But soon after we heard about the photograph, a story came out in the media that the pictures had come from a BOOK that had been published too early to have been her. But I think it was someone in the CD group or someone they knew who then actually went to the National Archives and saw the book. Turns out it was a looseleaf book and that photo could have been added at any time! The media had gone silent BTW.

So, yes, Amelia Earhart's plane did crash. Yes, she sent an SOS. Yes, an American ship could have rescued them but it didn't dare go into Japanese waters just before WWII. So the Japanese found her and her plane with the injured navigator and took them to that island. A doctor even remembered being sent out to the boat that picked them up and he treated the navigator and the weird thing he noticed when he was leaving was that there was an actual small airplane tied to the side of the boat with rope. Later the two captives were flown to (I think it was Singapore?) and jailed. Descendants of people there remember seeing her. One girl remembered bringing food to her in her rotten filthy jail cell. When the war ended all prisoners of war were shot. American military arrived and a few of them saw a small plane in a hanger and it had the same numbers as Amelia's plane had! (Remember, this was a huge mystery back then and most people knew the numbers that were on the plane and supposedly the US government was looking for it too.) But those soldiers were hastily admonished by their superiors to get away and to never ever tell anyone what they had seen! The plane was then burned and I don't think our government has ever told us what happened.

So what are they hiding? Sounds like it was just the fact they she could have been rescued but it was considered too risky on the verge of WWII. Or maybe her husband would have sued the US government. Or maybe the fact that she was tortured--or what? Yet it's still a "mystery" and why do they still hide it?

Same with the JFK thing. They hope we'll forget. A lot of people don't care anymore but this loss was much worse than the loss of Amelia Earhart and I hope at least a few people will care enough to never give up.

Old 12-16-2022, 05:48 PM

13,079 posts, read 9,604,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
The Kennedy assassination happened almost 60 years ago. Anyone still looking for "answers to real questions" should consider getting a hobby. Also, it's not a distraction because nobody cares.

I understand that following such things is some folks' hobby, but new developments really aren't terribly newsworthy or relevant.
The documents should be interesting from a historical, and even a curiosity, standpoint, but I don't think there are any "questions to be asked" because we already know the gist of what happened: Oswald shot Kennedy from the Texas Book Repository. The Secret Service screwed up in several ways, but we already knew that.

I don't think there was any Russian conspiracy or whatever to kill the President. Problem is, Oswald was already on the feds radar but apparently not with enough scrutiny.

Old 12-16-2022, 06:09 PM

10,049 posts, read 15,715,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post

I don't think there was any Russian conspiracy or whatever to kill the President. Problem is, Oswald was already on the feds radar but apparently not with enough scrutiny.

Not Russians, but the usual suspects are:

CIA
Mafia
Anti-Castro Cubans (possibly in partnership with the Mafia)
Castro himself as revenge for US attempts on his life
LBJ

Old 12-16-2022, 06:10 PM

47,021 posts, read 26,093,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
The documents should be interesting from a historical, and even a curiosity, standpoint, but I don't think there are any "questions to be asked" because we already know the gist of what happened: Oswald shot Kennedy from the Texas Book Repository. The Secret Service screwed up in several ways, but we already knew that.

That's the tragic reality of this sort of work: There's likely hundreds of dossiers on crazies talking about assassination at any given time, thousands of data points. Afterwards, anyone can look at the files and see the clear breadcrumb trail - but before, there's just no way to sort the signal from the noise. And so there is undoubtedly a lot of CYA activity on part of people who'd rather not explain themselves to a public who are now armed with the post-fact picture.

And sometimes, the bad guys just get lucky. Frans Ferdinand's driver misunderstood the planned change of route and drove directly in front of Gavrilo Princip (who was not eating a sandwich.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies