Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should she be allowed reentry to the US?
Yes, give her a second chance. 3 4.05%
Not sure. 0 0%
No, she is a terrorist traitor. 71 95.95%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 03:05 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,022,139 times

Advertisements

No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2019, 03:56 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,127 times
Based upon what I read she was not a US citizen under US law therefore no.

Old 11-15-2019, 04:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
I don’t care whether she comes back or not. The United States isn’t so fragile as a nation that we’ll have a cataclysmic collapse if she returns. It’s no big deal either way.

Old 11-15-2019, 06:55 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,503,534 times
Court decided yesterday that Muthana is *not* a citizen, and will not be allowed back into the US. It all came down to the official notification to the UN of her father’s end of tenure as a diplomat; it wasn’t received until four months after Muthana was born. Additionally, her family will not be allowed to send her money to support herself, as funding terrorism is against our laws. They can send her clothing only.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...te-11573782627

As an aside, I read Buzzfeed’s article that they wrote on her years ago back in 2015, just after she!d fled to Syria, and my takeaway is that Muthana is a real piece of work with loyalty to NOBODY including her own family. Good riddance.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...rican-in-isis?

Old 11-15-2019, 08:33 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
I actually sympathize with her because she was so young when she joined ISIS. Young and stupid often go together, and many young people desperately want their lives to have meaning and search to make it so. That said, Hoda Muthana was extraordinarily stupid, and extraordinarily disloyal to the country that she had called home all her life. SHE decided that ISIS would be her cause. SHE embraced violence, and especially violence against Americans. So I have no problem with the United States denying that she was ever a citizen and denying her entry now. If she were to return, I would want her to go to prison for the things she did. Young and stupid as she was, her actions should have consequences. She gave her life meaning, a life lesson to other teens who are unhappy and disaffected. The lesson is that actions have consequences.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:41 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,555,627 times
If she is allowed back and deemed a citizen, she should be executed for treason. If she's not deemed a citizen she shouldn't be allowed back and imprisoned or executed for terrorism.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:57 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,586,399 times
Lol
NO!

Old 11-15-2019, 09:06 AM

10,028 posts, read 9,502,237 times
Now hated by Americans and ISIS, she really knows how to make friends.

Old 12-08-2019, 05:38 AM

30,627 posts, read 18,203,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I actually sympathize with her because she was so young when she joined ISIS. Young and stupid often go together, and many young people desperately want their lives to have meaning and search to make it so. That said, Hoda Muthana was extraordinarily stupid, and extraordinarily disloyal to the country that she had called home all her life. SHE decided that ISIS would be her cause. SHE embraced violence, and especially violence against Americans. So I have no problem with the United States denying that she was ever a citizen and denying her entry now. If she were to return, I would want her to go to prison for the things she did. Young and stupid as she was, her actions should have consequences. She gave her life meaning, a life lesson to other teens who are unhappy and disaffected. The lesson is that actions have consequences.
Yep. And she only saw the "light" when the walls were closing in around her and ISIS was on its last legs That's not a true change of heart in my view. And, in any case, why take the risk with this Jihadi? It would be one thing if she was kidnapped and forced into that way of life and later had Stockholm syndrome. But she VOLUNTARILY decided to join a terrorist organization and lay with terrorists. Someone that susceptible to such nonsense is someone I don't want in my country. Ever.

I also saw how smug she was against President Trump on an interview with ABC News, saying that POTUS needs to go back and learn the law as she has a right to be here That kind of leftist resistance attitude only reinforced to me that she doesn't belong.

Old 12-08-2019, 05:55 AM

39,075 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
With a scourge such as ISIS and other World Court designated terrorist organizations, there should also be a designated or universal way of dealing with their members regardless of citizenship.

Once coming under that terrorist designation, even if only by fringe affiliation, a member should then fall under some form of world-wide accepted guidelines subject to a rule of law akin to the Geneva Convention to protect their rights, but also some form of prosecutorial system that is universally applied.

Some countries will welcome them back as heroes for a cause and others will struggle with how to deal with them never having been charged with a crime in their own country and having no option but to treat them as merely "returning from a vacation abroad citizens."

There should be no margin of difference between those who merely "baked bread", served as concubines, or otherwise aided the terrorists from those who were actual combatants.

The "old" tenets of lending aid and comfort to the enemy had meaning back in the day …. so to should it today.
I agree with you here. We make little distinction among our own veterans, most of whom served in support roles to our combatants. Without them, the combatants would not be able to do their work, so they matter and are critical in the effort and should be treated the same. Maybe we could make a distinction with wives though.

Anyhow, in this case it is and should be only about citizenship. If she is a US citizen she gets to come back regardless of what she did (and face the music as required). Otherwise we have no duty or moral obligation to allow her back in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies