Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 01:42 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,942,200 times

Advertisements

None of my political views are considered out of the mainstream by the standards of my area except that I think the government did carry out the Las Vegas attack though this may not necessarily be a "political" view just an opinion on a particular event. I would say less than 50% of people here believe that but its not an unheard of view either and I'm not seen as totally crazy for expressing it.

The vast majority of people here voted for Trump and support the wall and want Roe vs Wade repealed, and do not believe in government run health care or socialized medicine. I also do not believe in global warming and don't think that should be used to justify putting Americans out of work and destroying entire industries. I also feel there should be an end to birthright citizenship and that English should be the official language but at least 50% of the people here support that too. If you exclude the black community, I would say at least 85% of the people here share my views. If not for the black community, it would be almost impossible for any Democrat to win statewide office in Louisiana. The same is true for our neighboring states.

If I were to go to a liberal part of the country, most of my views would be unpopular.

BUt my most "extreme" opinion is that some of the shootings especially Las Vegas were carried out by the government and the deep state and that Bill Clinton personally ordered the Waco Massacre and that Hillary Clinton knew about Benghazi and knowingly made the decision to abandon the Americans there to die for political reasons. But then I'd say at least 25% of the people around me share THESE views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 01:49 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,105,254 times
Rein in entitlement spending. People are living longer. They should work longer before becoming eligible for SS/Medicare. I also support a carbon tax to encourage reduction of greenhouse emissions.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:01 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,434,150 times
I don't think Confederate flags should be part of state flags.

I would have voted for Jim Webb if he was the Democrat candidate in 2016.

I'm unsure about the global warming issue.

I believe there should be a safety net.

I'm wary of marijuana legalization.

I don't think it's wrong for whites to vote in the interest of whites.

I oppose the death penalty.

I regret supporting NAFTA.

I regret supporting NATO expansion into eastern Europe.

I frakkin' hate sprawl.

I think Libertarianism is goofy.

I agree with women who complain about cat-calling.

I liked the 1997 remake of The Shining.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:05 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,603,038 times
- Violent juvenile offenders should get longer sentences than adults, not shorter
- Trump should get his presidency extended due to coup attempts
- There should be no exceptions to age consent laws (ie. a 22 year old teacher shouldn’t go to jail for sleeping with an 18 year old student).

Old 06-28-2019, 02:15 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,404,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
If the sjw ruled over America. I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my ideology, for being a straight male, even though I'm a person of color, I'm also a direct descendent of patriarchal white males. Thus the sjw will excommunicate me, or disown me.

If the feminist ruled over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen for my views and for being a male.

If the pro blacks rules over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my ideology and my views on race, as well as not being a black ally.

If the alt right rules over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my views.

If the white nationalist rules over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen due to my ideology and not being white enough to be part of the white race as a mulatto.

If the Christian protestant right ruled over America, I would be a 2nd class citizen for being a catholic and thus being an agent of Rome.

If mgtow rules over America as have some sort I state like Gilead in hand made tale. I would be a 2nd class citizen due to m differences of views on women.

Those echo chambers which I have mentioned pose a grave threat to individual Americans who are not collective as them as don't share a common ideology.
Do you lean Left or Right?

Old 06-28-2019, 03:34 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,686,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
There is no way in the 1700's the founding fathers could have contemplated assault rifles, the internet, cars, or that the ice caps would melt. He!!, they couldn't have even contemplated that their grandkids would not own slaves.

Due to all those things and more, the constitution needs to be re-written, or GREATLY changed. Why do we worship such an antiquated set of rules as biblical scripture? We, in fact, don't even worship actual scripture as much.

It was intentionally written to be a timeless document by basing it's principles on concepts and thoughts, not objects or technology, which would be obsolete in time. Thus it is a timeless document.

Libs don't like the Constitution, as they have become more totalitarian in nature and have drifted away from the concept of individual liberty.

For example, the right to bear arms does not say anything about muskets, the weapon of the times. The CONCEPT was to put citizens on par with the government with regard to weapons. Thus, the founding fathers would find it odd that today a private citizen cannot own a tank or a SAM.

If the founding fathers had intended citizens to have weapons inferior to that of the government, they would have written the right to bear knives and bow and arrows.

It is very odd that libs do not seem to understand this- perhaps, as they are totalitarians, they don't want to understand it, as they do not believe in the principles of the Constitution.

Old 06-28-2019, 03:42 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,267,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It was intentionally written to be a timeless document by basing it's principles on concepts and thoughts, not objects or technology, which would be obsolete in time. Thus it is a timeless document.

Libs don't like the Constitution, as they have become more totalitarian in nature and have drifted away from the concept of individual liberty.

For example, the right to bear arms does not say anything about muskets, the weapon of the times. The CONCEPT was to put citizens on par with the government with regard to weapons. Thus, the founding fathers would find it odd that today a private citizen cannot own a tank or a SAM.

If the founding fathers had intended citizens to have weapons inferior to that of the government, they would have written the right to bear knives and bow and arrows.

It is very odd that libs do not seem to understand this- perhaps, as they are totalitarians, they don't want to understand it, as they do not believe in the principles of the Constitution.
How do you square this just being about the libs with Reagan signing the Mulford Act, supporting the Brady bill and Assault Weapons ban? Trump signing off on bump stock ban? Trump's comments about seizing guns without due process?

Neither side really gives a damn about your rights. Wake up to that.

Old 06-28-2019, 03:43 PM

30,077 posts, read 18,686,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinBarlow View Post
Can be anything

I will start

Farage is quickly becoming overrated
May wasn't that bad as PM

Only citizens who own land should be able to vote.

Every citizen should pay a flat percentage of their income in taxes.

If one receives federal support for housing or food, one sacrifices your right to vote during that time of support

The voting age should be increased to age 30

You must be employed to vote

The Federal Reserve should be abolished

Old 06-28-2019, 04:08 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,402,982 times
I have several unpopular views.

Homeless people are not victims of capitalism. they are drug addicts, mentally ill people who refuse to take meds, and/or criminals who choose to be homeless.

American women are the most pampered and privileged citizens.

a good marriage and being a good parent are the most emotionally fulfilling roles in life.

physical beauty isn't very important. character is very important.

cats are more affectionate than dogs.

Old 06-28-2019, 04:15 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,495,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
There are too damn many people on the earth; all of our problems arise from that fact.

So, we should:
- make abortions free and at any stage of a pregnancy
- free birth control
Doctors may be unavailable or unaffordable. Abortion after birth could become a common practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies