Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 01:04 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,402,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I’ll feel better once the OP answers my question. I’m on tenterhooks here waiting to find out if this release has helped symptoms subside.
I'm more interested in a person who is "on tenterhooks" waiting on some stranger who she just insulted several times to reply.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:05 PM

17,918 posts, read 13,864,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe laynes View Post
THID?

Nope, he is fine. It's just that whenever a race is close, the Dems will always find just enough votes, in car trunks, closets, basements, wherever, to just put the Dem over the top, usually out of recount range. I always think, if a race is less than 1% difference, there is a 95% chance, it will go to the Dems. Ask Dino Rossi, Norm Coleman, Martha Mcsally, and so many others. Close races will almost always go that way.

Gee, I have a great idea. Why doesn't Trump start a VOTER FRAUD COMMISSION. There is this guy with some experience out there named Chris Kobach who could spearhead it. I bet he could get to the bottom of all that!!!!

Old 11-13-2018, 01:16 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,490,541 times
Quote:
The real question is: do you feel better now after vomiting your personal frustrations on a public Internet forum? I hope your expression of narcissism here at least eased your pain.
Quote:
I’ll feel better once the OP answers my question. I’m on tenterhooks here waiting to find out if this release has helped symptoms subside.
Ok, here's your answer:

I'd feel better if people like you had the capacity to engage in substantive, evidenced-based conversation. It is clear that Trump throws out claims of voter fraud with zero evidence to back it up, and that is inappropriately damaging and divisive to the population's trust in foundational institutions of our Republic. No politician who has sworn to represent the people and our way of life should toss around allegations like this without strong evidence.

If you want real talk, let's talk about why elected officials should support our electoral process, even if it doesn't work out the way they want it to. And let's talk about real reform topics, like why gerrymandering is allowed on both sides, why the Senate doesn't even remotely represent the actual demographics of the USA, and why the Electoral College is still around.

But you clearly aren't up for facing any real debate; you're instead going to try to troll me and take me to task for posting my opinions on a "public Internet forum." It says a lot more about you than about me.

And you have a lot of nerve talking about narcissism given the guy in office who you give a pass to on despicable behavior like this.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:18 PM

34,299 posts, read 15,731,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Lot of bluster, zero evidence. Just like the dude you look up to.

Riddle me this, batman: who got the last upper hand to gerrymander the hell out of the district maps? (Hint: Republicans who have dominated at the State level).

If you want to be "part of the solution," start by NOT lying about election fraud every time you lose.

You don't even know who you are talking too. I haven't lost an election, yet. I haven't run for office either and everyone I voted for was elected.

Once again the old saying proves correct, its not that democrats know so much that is the problem but so much of what they know that isn't so.

You're better off whining about whining. Apparently its what you know. Once you venture beyond that you're in uncharted territory.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:21 PM

2,180 posts, read 644,320 times
Quote:
We used to have politicians - GOP and Dem - who would face loses with some level of acceptance and dignity, voicing confidence and support for the process, even if it didn't break their way. Those were people who, for all their flaws, drew the line somewhere out of some sense of ideals for the importance of our democratic institutions.

Not so with Trump, who has zero sense of anything more important than himself. If his team wins, he crows about the validation; if his team loses, it's instant spreading of unfounded lies about "corruption" in the voting process. Sore loser and even sometimes a sore winner. And he knows he doesn't need evidence; he just needs to put the virus out there to reinfect his conspiracy-prone followers.

This is how long-term collateral damage is done to our most important democratic institutions. Thid is how distrust and division amongst the populace is sown. And you don't think this isn't the epitome of highly divisive, then you clearly don't understand even the meaning of the word.

Just another example of how this man is unworthy of his office. You can troll me with snarky responses, but you can't wash away the reality.

I'm sorry, but are you part of the "team" that leading up to November 2016 was saying things like, "It's not rigged, you're just losing?"

And then AFTER the election didn't go your way, have spent the last two years trying to call the legitimacy of the election into question by alleging "FOREIGN INTERFERENCE" and "MUH RUSSIANS!" as the reason why your anointed queen failed to win?

Trump's team hasn't really lost in any significant way, btw. He lost the house and kept the Senate. Which is more than the last three presidents could say at mid-term. For all the support and #resistance and consensus on how bad Trump is you THINK you have in this country, there should have truly been a blue tsunami earlier this month... instead of the actually below-average performance of opposition candidates in comparison to years' past.

Let's also not forget 2000 -- where a cloud of illigitimacy hung over Bush's first term, with cries of the election being "stolen" ringing out well into his second term by "your team."

Stop pretending to be on the side of fair-and level-headed bi-partisan moderation when both sides are absolute hacks and dangers to democracy who cry when they don't get their way and seek to undermine the electoral process.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,192,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Only a narcissit and attention ***** like Donald Trump can manage to find a way to make EVERYTHING about him.

Oh, the republican won?! It was all me! He won because I endorsed him! The people who voted for him were voting for me! I'm the greatest! Everybody is saying it!

Oh, the republican lost?! It's all on them! Should've had me come to a campaign rally, the people love me! You lost because I wasn't there!

"Mike Coffman......Sorry, Mike." Jesus.
Trump is the Lonesome Rhodes character in "A Face in the Crowd." Obnoxious character but a great film.

https://youtu.be/-zzCQLyNnIg

Old 11-13-2018, 01:28 PM

8,110 posts, read 3,985,008 times
Op, I award you 0 self-awareness points...

Here's your participation trophy:

What Happened

Old 11-13-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You don't even know who you are talking too. I haven't lost an election, yet. I haven't run for office either and everyone I voted for was elected.
Ohh, you big guy YOU! You have personally won so many elections and got so many people elected! Amazing powers you have to single-handedly drive election results, which clearly substantiates your opinion on whenever your master puts out the "voter fraud" dog whistle. My respect for you has just exponentially grown. Thanks for making it clear who I am "talking too."

Old 11-13-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
I'm sorry, but are you part of the "team" that leading up to November 2016 was saying things like, "It's not rigged, you're just losing?"

And then AFTER the election didn't go your way, have spent the last two years trying to call the legitimacy of the election into question by alleging "FOREIGN INTERFERENCE" and "MUH RUSSIANS!" as the reason why your anointed queen failed to win?

Trump's team hasn't really lost in any significant way, btw. He lost the house and kept the Senate. Which is more than the last three presidents could say at mid-term. For all the support and #resistance and consensus on how bad Trump is you THINK you have in this country, there should have truly been a blue tsunami earlier this month... instead of the actually below-average performance of opposition candidates in comparison to years' past.

Let's also not forget 2000 -- where a cloud of illigitimacy hung over Bush's first term, with cries of the election being "stolen" ringing out well into his second term by "your team."

Stop pretending to be on the side of fair-and level-headed bi-partisan moderation when both sides are absolute hacks and dangers to democracy who cry when they don't get their way and seek to undermine the electoral process.
I don't think the Presidential election was rigged. As far as I know, Trump won fair and square. He's an idiot unworthy of his office, but he won and is POTUS per the laws of the land. Trump was the one saying the election was rigged....until he won.

Russian collusion may have occurred, and there is evidence from the Justicr Dept to substantiate some aspects of it. That is different than saying "Russians rigged the elections.". While there was evidence that they tried to hack in, there is no evidence that they threw races certain ways. Sorry you came up with nothing on me here.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:36 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,539,188 times
Quote:
Ok, here's your answer:

I'd feel better if people like you had the capacity to engage in substantive, evidenced-based conversation. It is clear that Trump throws out claims of voter fraud with zero evidence to back it up, and that is inappropriately damaging and divisive to the population's trust in foundational institutions of our Republic. No politician who has sworn to represent the people and our way of life should toss around allegations like this without strong evidence.

If you want real talk, let's talk about why elected officials should support our electoral process, even if it doesn't work out the way they want it to. And let's talk about real reform topics, like why gerrymandering is allowed on both sides, why the Senate doesn't even remotely represent the actual demographics of the USA, and why the Electoral College is still around.

But you clearly aren't up for facing any real debate; you're instead going to try to troll me and take me to task for posting my opinions on a "public Internet forum." It says a lot more about you than about me.

And you have a lot of nerve talking about narcissism given the guy in office who you give a pass to on despicable behavior like this.
I had to pause after your second sentence here.

Firstly, I genuinely appreciate that you replied.

But upon reading the bolded second sentence, I had to pause for a laugh you see, for your request for “substantive, evidence-based conversation” comes within a thread that you yourself titled “Sick of hearing crybaby Trump spew lies about rigged elections everytime his team loses”.

Surely you can see why I’ve taken to ribbing you in this thread. If you want “real talk” or “real debate”, make that intention clear with your words. Come across instead sounding like a teenaged girl with PMS, and people will respond to you in ways that you may not like. Did you honestly expect a serious dialogue after that opening?

Ps: not a Trump voter. My sarcastic response to your dramatic outburst doesn’t make me a Republican. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies