Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 11:35 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,536,356 times

Advertisements

There is just some really angry and unkind people out there that just continue on with this childish behavior.
Angry and unkind to the core.
They really just look like fools bashing such things over and over and over.

First lady Melania Trump trolled over White House Christmas decorations, outfit | Fox News

Though the White House’s Christmas festivities are traditionally a no-politics zone, first lady Melania Trump caught some surprise heat after the unveiling ceremony of this year’s holiday celebrations, with critics trolling everything from the extensive décor to her outfit.

Nevertheless, critics were quick to call out the furnishings and were particularly spooked by the all-white, tree-lined hallway, likening the scene to flicks like “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” “The Blair Witch Project” and “The Shining.” One critic juxtaposed a photo of Trump in her white dress to a scene featuring Jadis the White Witch from the "Chronicles of Narnia" franchise.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VXsDeLu5owA

Old 11-28-2017, 11:48 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,621,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
There is just some really angry and unkind people out there that just continue on with this childish behavior.
Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black!

Old 11-28-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Not sure what you are talking about.
Are you referring to me calling out all these angry childish people who cannot let go of Trump being President even though they don’t like it?
Way different there. I am not the President of the USA. I am a citizen tired of the bashing of the Presidency in such foolish ways. In such ways that is damaging to our youth, our future adults and leaders in our society.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
And nice attempt at spinning and deflecting

Old 11-28-2017, 12:13 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,344,947 times
Quote:

First lady Melania Trump trolled over White House Christmas decorations, outfit | Fox News

Though the White House’s Christmas festivities are traditionally a no-politics zone, first lady Melania Trump caught some surprise heat after the unveiling ceremony of this year’s holiday celebrations, with critics trolling everything from the extensive décor to her outfit.

Nevertheless, critics were quick to call out the furnishings and were particularly spooked by the all-white, tree-lined hallway, likening the scene to flicks like “The Nightmare Before Christmas,” “The Blair Witch Project” and “The Shining.” One critic juxtaposed a photo of Trump in her white dress to a scene featuring Jadis the White Witch from the "Chronicles of Narnia" franchise.

LMAO, right wing snowflakes crack me up. This is nothing compared to eight years of the BS that conservatives said about Michelle Obama. You reap what you sow.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:15 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,257,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
LMAO, right wing snowflakes crack me up. This is nothing compared to eight years of the BS that conservatives said about Michelle Obama. You reap what you sow.
Isn't it funny how that works? How quickly they forget.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:20 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,114,218 times
Quote:

I love when the media does a story about this -- and they cite three tweets to show how someone mocked the decorations. OH NO -- it's viral --LOL

That's not what viral means. A handful of negative comments about the First Lady, the White House Decorations -- welcome to what every administration has dealt with. Sure we 'hear' or see more because of social media -- but it is nothing different for any of them.

For me -- it's the coat draped on the shoulders. Melania needs to drop that signature look. When you are in your home in The White House with a coat draped on your shoulder -- it looks pretentious. And yes I would have said the same if Nancy, Jackie, Michelle or Laura did the same thing.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:21 PM

37,284 posts, read 19,304,467 times
I can hear the conversation now - "Hey, Melanoma! We need to do something about decorating or the Democrats are going to report us to the Fake Media for being heathens. Give FTD a call and see what it will cost to get a couple hundred five gallon paint buckets full of last year's Christmas trees delvered, will ya...?"

Old 11-28-2017, 12:21 PM

34,299 posts, read 15,716,713 times
She looked like an angel according to the kids who visited the WH.

I wonder if the kids got a beating for those comments when they got home.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ite-House.html

Last edited by phma; 11-28-2017 at 12:37 PM..

Old 11-28-2017, 12:23 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,154,895 times
Quote:
Not sure what you are talking about.
Are you referring to me calling out all these angry childish people who cannot let go of Trump being President even though they don’t like it?
Way different there. I am not the President of the USA. I am a citizen tired of the bashing of the Presidency in such foolish ways. In such ways that is damaging to our youth, our future adults and leaders in our society.

So despicable, perma-liar, misogynist Trump will have no damaging effect on our youth (especially boys) and future leaders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.