Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 12:30 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,862,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Its just great Obama can turn our country into a big surveillance state, spy on presidential candidates, use the fifth estate (the media and intelligence agencies ) to destabilize a democratically elected president and descend into total corruption all out of political correctness. If people like susan rice and obama and marilyn lynch were white, people would have no problems talking about how utterly corrupt they are.
Prove that Obama, Rice or Lynch did what you claim.

The high levels of surveillance on Americans began with Bush in response to 9/11.

The person destabilizing our Dear Leader's presidency is Trump himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 12:31 PM

59,582 posts, read 27,711,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Jeff Sessions is the U.S. Attorney General, from the deep South, appointed by Trump, and highly conservative. Do you think he's not pursuing Obama, Rice, and Lynch because of their race?
Your ACCUSATION that EVERYBODY from the South is racist is another reason why you have lost over 1,400 political seats.!

Beside being ignorant, it is downright stupid.!

Old 08-04-2017, 12:35 PM

59,582 posts, read 27,711,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I remember when Lou Dobbs was on talk radio and was normal, what the heck happened to him, he is right behind Sean Hannity on the way to crazy land.

This must be tough to take, all this blatant criminal activity that the congressional investigative committees missed the last 8 years and now he the Trump administration with a special prosecutor. All those dreams down the drain.
" all this blatant criminal activity that the congressional investigative committees missed the last 8 years"

And NOBODY on the left called for a Special Prosecutor.

I wonder why? wink-wink

Old 08-04-2017, 12:37 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,880,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Are you serious?? The *justice* system (or as Richard Pryor used to call it - just us) is harsher on black people.

They got away with it for the same reason the Bushes, Clinton's and Reagan's did. People don't care enough to do anything about it!

Obama's administration was pure corruption. Half the country will go to their graves denying that fact.

We live in an age when people will stick with their party before they stick with their principles.
I agree with the bold and believe all politicians are corrupt in one way or another. Unfortunately, corruptions is a part of politics. I think Obama's administration was regular corrupt, just like his predecessor and his predecessor. All of them do/did dirty/underhanded things.

Will note it is actually one of the reasons why I kinda feel bad for the current president even though people think I'm crazy for feeling sorry for him. I don't think he understood what he was getting himself into in regards to political corruption. You have to be really smart about the way you manuever in the world of politics. Trump being a private sector guy only knew private sector corruption (which is in most large commercial enterprises IMO as well) which is a kind of a partnership with government/politics. But it is not as in depth and doesn't require the amount of shenagling in an effort to appear legal as government/politics does.

Obama IMO was a political genius of sorts. I liked his personality as people underestimated him IMO thinking he was a happy-go-lucky "community activist." Desert detroiter mentioned this in another thread recently. Obama was very good at what he did. I thought of him as a cool bad ass. He was doing all these dirty deeds and either ignoring inquiries or putting a positive spin on them and people just overlooked it. I always think of him as a presidential bad a$$ lol.

Trump, I feel bad for. I always try to find something I like about our presidents and Trump has a horrible personality for me and history and so it was hard for me to find anything about him that I can relate to. But I do think that the political atmosphere is not something he will ever get used to or enjoy. I think Obama enjoyed it. I think Clinton (Bill) especially enjoyed/enjoys it. I think that GW Bush enjoyed it for most of his terms as well, but not Trump. He seems to never like it and I feel bad for him for that. It has kind of humanized him to me. You have to be a special kind of person IMO to get into politics. Even the raving, Trump-esque ones have that enjoyment of the process and the show (I've known a lot of political characters personally and they really are some pieces of work lol). I worry Trump will have a heart attack because he can't handle it and doesn't enjoy it. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just what I get from him.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:40 PM

57,400 posts, read 26,437,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" all this blatant criminal activity that the congressional investigative committees missed the last 8 years"

And NOBODY on the left called for a Special Prosecutor.

I wonder why? wink-wink
You need to have some indication of a crime to appoint a special prosecutor, maybe the GOP committees missed these obvious felonies. It's not as if they didn't try.

The GOP really didn't care about the tarmac meeting, their dream came true and they got Comey and then.....

Old 08-04-2017, 12:42 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,792,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Your ACCUSATION that EVERYBODY from the South is racist is another reason why you have lost over 1,400 political seats.!

Beside being ignorant, it is downright stupid.!
Why are you so defensive? I didn't say everyone in the South is racist. Sessions has been accused of being racist in the past. The fact remains that it's up to Sessions to prosecute Obama, Rice, and Lynch and the OP is implying that Sessions isn't doing so because they're black. What do you think about the OP's reasoning?

Old 08-04-2017, 12:48 PM

404 posts, read 194,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah...they're getting away with everything because they're black. We don't charge, convict, and lock up black folks in America.
It does not matter one iota what race you are when you commit a crime.

That is it how it should be

Well, hold on one sec, Susan Rice just called to say ............youz all attakin mi lyin becoz im black and a woman....

Until some people can take responsibility for their actions without pulling the race card, then there is little hope for unity of purpose going forward.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:58 PM

3,614 posts, read 2,347,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
We know why Bush, Cheney et al got off easy. It was because Obama declared on day one, that they would not use the power of the executive branch and other responses on investigating former admin. So, he gave them immunity right off the bat, and they started working on economic issues. This came at a time when others were screaming for war-crimes, torture, surveillance etc investigations of the Bush admin.

Considering Trump believes US is carnage, you would think he'd spend his time and efforts of things other than this.
There is a real good reason for that, Obama voted every time for funding the Iraq war

this is bill clinton talking about obama

You said in 2004 there was no difference between you and George Bush on the war, and you took that speech you're now running on off your Web site in 2004. There's no difference in your voting record and Hillary's ever since. Give me a break. This whole thing is the biggest fairy tale I've ever seen," he said."

Hillary Clinton accused Obama of having failed to follow through:

"If he was against the war in 2002, he should have strongly spoken out in 2004," she said. "He should have followed what he said in his speech, which was that he would not vote for funding in '05, '06 and '07."

It is also true that Obama repeatedly voted for such war funding once he got to the Senate

Clinton also accused Obama on Meet the Press of having kept quiet too long on Iraq, saying, "When he became a senator, he didn't go to the floor of the Senate to condemn the war in Iraq for 18 months. He didn't introduce legislation against the war in Iraq."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Why are you so defensive? I didn't say everyone in the South is racist. Sessions has been accused of being racist in the past. The fact remains that it's up to Sessions to prosecute Obama, Rice, and Lynch and the OP is implying that Sessions isn't doing so because they're black. What do you think about the OP's reasoning?
I am not just talking about prosecuting, its just the whole way obama is treated with kid gloves by the press. If he was white , people would talk about how utterly mediocre and corrupt his administration really was.He left the democrat party in its worst shape in 100 years, his administration saw more seats lost than any sitting president, spying, the growth of the surveillance state,a terrible foreign policy from overthrowing Gaddafi ,to calling isis the jv team and letting them wreck carnage, utter failure in the inner cities and on and on and on

The media or democrats cant criticize him because its like kevin jackson said, he is the "shining negro" of the left and the democrats

Old 08-04-2017, 02:17 PM

57,400 posts, read 26,437,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
There is a real good reason for that, Obama voted every time for funding the Iraq war

this is bill clinton talking about obama

You said in 2004 there was no difference between you and George Bush on the war, and you took that speech you're now running on off your Web site in 2004. There's no difference in your voting record and Hillary's ever since. Give me a break. This whole thing is the biggest fairy tale I've ever seen," he said."

Hillary Clinton accused Obama of having failed to follow through:

"If he was against the war in 2002, he should have strongly spoken out in 2004," she said. "He should have followed what he said in his speech, which was that he would not vote for funding in '05, '06 and '07."

It is also true that Obama repeatedly voted for such war funding once he got to the Senate

Clinton also accused Obama on Meet the Press of having kept quiet too long on Iraq, saying, "When he became a senator, he didn't go to the floor of the Senate to condemn the war in Iraq for 18 months. He didn't introduce legislation against the war in Iraq."

I am not just talking about prosecuting, its just the whole way obama is treated with kid gloves by the press. If he was white , people would talk about how utterly mediocre and corrupt his administration really was.He left the democrat party in its worst shape in 100 years, his administration saw more seats lost than any sitting president, spying, the growth of the surveillance state,a terrible foreign policy from overthrowing Gaddafi ,to calling isis the jv team and letting them wreck carnage, utter failure in the inner cities and on and on and on

The media or democrats cant criticize him because its like kevin jackson said, he is the "shining negro" of the left and the democrats
Right, no one went after Obama the last 8 years he was treated with respect and honor. Do you remember the birth certificate, BLM, the good reverend. Treated with kid gloves, did you really write that.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:00 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,201,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Right, no one went after Obama the last 8 years he was treated with respect and honor. Do you remember the birth certificate, BLM, the good reverend. Treated with kid gloves, did you really write that.
"Treated with kid gloves"

The biggest laugh I've had all summer.

What's crazier is they believe it's true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies