Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 04:51 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times

Advertisements

House passes bill undoing Obama internet privacy rule | TheHill

Quote:
The House on Tuesday voted in favor of blocking internet privacy rules passed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) last year, sending the bill to President Trump, who is expected to sign it into law.

The bill passed 215 to 205, with 15 Republicans voting against it.

The FCC rules would have given consumers greater control over what their internet service provider can do with their data. The regulations would have required those companies to get permission from customers before using their information to create targeted advertisements.
I marvel at how Republicans, who say that they are for individual privacy and right, change their tune when they are in power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 04:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Just read this story. What the hell kinda crap is this?

Can JUST ONE of you Republicans PLEASE tell me what your party stands for and what your party platform is? Do you guys believe in ANYTHING you've claimed to believe in over the last three or four decades? Because you're confusing the eff outta me.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Can JUST ONE of you Republicans PLEASE tell me what your party stands for and what your party platform is? Do you guys believe in ANYTHING you've claimed to believe in over the last three or four decades? Because you're confusing the eff outta me.
The GOP are corporatists. They are in the pocket of corporations and this just proves that they weigh in for corporations over the rights of the public.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:02 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,807,524 times
Looks like every dem in the house voted against it. 15 republicans as well. Passed the senate 50-48, so now on to trump.

How are they spinning this?

Old 03-28-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Looks like every dem in the house voted against it. 15 republicans as well. Passed the senate 50-48, so now on to trump.

How are they spinning this?
I predict that Trump will sign it because Trump talks like he is on the side of the people but it is pure B.S. He's for merging the power of government with corporate power, jut like fascists.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:49 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,469,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

The party stands for corporate greed?

Old 03-28-2017, 05:54 PM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
That's some fine swamp-draining there.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:54 PM

626 posts, read 381,289 times
Man, I'm a conservative and it pains me to say this but the Democrats for once were right on this one (and the 15 Republicans)

My guess is that a lot of the RINOs are in bed with corporate companies and had to vote for the bill. Extremely disappointed in this, OUR Constitutional rights are being invaded by this.

Old 03-28-2017, 05:56 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Once again, libs fail to comprehend that you don't have to like everything about the choices that the party makes.

No, I don't like this.

Having said that, it is very possible to get around it. People have been doing it for a long time. In this day and age, you really need to know how to work your way around the internet. If you don't yet, it's time you start putting some key words in to your favorite search engine and figure it out.

Remember: There's always a way around it. Anything "they" try to put up, someone out there will find a way around it...and it will spread. Every time.

I've already had this discussion on another thread with the exact same topic, and since people there wanted to argue and not learn, then heck with helping people out. Everyone can figure it out for themselves...or they can continue to sit here crying about a vote that we can't control right this second.

Just because they think that they can track your history doesn't mean that they actually can. You know, if you learn.

Old 03-28-2017, 06:16 PM

Why not support the party that promotes the policies that you like? Why not pressure you representatives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies