Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 12:47 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,090,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Some people deserve to get knocked out for having an opinion.

This is where we are now with you people.

...good thing the dems are not allowed to have guns!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 12:54 PM

6,796 posts, read 5,685,979 times
Sad. I think we should open the door for the immigrants to come in and kick people like this OUT!! It could be a win/win!

Old 01-30-2017, 01:14 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,480,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Nothing wrong with beliefs. People can think as they like. But it crosses the line when someone want to behead me.
Reminds me of how the libs are always screaming that it's "just a few" radical muslims that are giving the impression that everyone in that religion is the same way.

That's what they are protesting now, but that's exactly what they are doing to themselves.

I guess the lib dems don't realize that a few radical liberal democrats are making their entire party look like a bunch of crazy violent extremists.

Maybe they should take their own advice, and the quieter sane ones should tell the louder radical ones to shut up for a while.

Crazy, isn't it.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:23 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,412,812 times
Black block protestors are probably a month or so away from rightfully being designated as domestic terrorists, if I had to guess based on the current event arc.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:12 PM

18,163 posts, read 15,689,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
I'm glad you were able to get some things off your chest. However, there is a difference between fact and opinion. Your comment about the race card is an opinion, my comment about Trump having racists within his inner circle is a fact.

Additionally, Republicans publicly stated they would use obstructionist tactics and spent 8 doing exactly that. They created the hostility, so this sudden desire for civility and reasonableness is comical.

Actually my comment about the race thing is a fact. Since all I said is that I'm tired of it and it applies only to me, not anyone else, it is a fact I'm tired of it. Whether Trump has racists in his inner circle or not, yea. So? Obama did too. Also a fact. Every president ever to hold office had racists, misogynysts, and all manner of undesirable "ists" in their inner circles. Republicans being obstructionist with Democratic agendas? Lol, whoda thunk? And the Democrats did the same with Bush. As if that's surprising. Politicins doing the Potomac two step in congress with opposition party agendas is SOP.

Desire for civility and reasonableness? Actually I don't see it. I see both ends of this wanting anything but. I don't have a dog in this hunt in terms of either fully supporting Trump or opposing him. I don't much care about what the level of civility is, as I can't do anything about it. But I do disapprove of it as being counterproductive. If you find calls for it comical, I find the lack of it comical. I reckon it's going to get worse before it gets better as well. Especially since I figure Democratic party representatives and leaders will be encouraging the protests and riots.

For my part, I'm strapping in for the ride.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:13 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,853,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Time to bring out the billy clubs and let them swing.

Actually they did in the full video
https://youtu.be/O4irXQhgMqg

Old 01-30-2017, 03:41 PM

Funny this happened in Portland.
Portland is one of those liberal west coast cities where the residents hate outsiders.

I hate transplants!
Go back to California!
Build a wall between California and Oregon!
Go back to New York!
Go back to Texas!
All you new people moving here ruined my town!
Don't Californicate Oregon!
Let's gentrify every poor neighborhood and kick all the blacks out!
Don't want no homeless around here! Get out and go back from where you came from!
It goes on and on.

Yet now they are protesting because some people don't want some select refugees to move to the US.
You would think that's exactly what they would want?

But maybe it's OK because it ain't happening in "my" town, but in yours?

Old 01-30-2017, 04:38 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,643,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
Funny this happened in Portland.
Portland is one of those liberal west coast cities where the residents hate outsiders.

I hate transplants!
Go back to California!
Build a wall between California and Oregon!
Go back to New York!
Go back to Texas!
All you new people moving here ruined my town!
Don't Californicate Oregon!
Let's gentrify every poor neighborhood and kick all the blacks out!
Don't want no homeless around here! Get out and go back from where you came from!
It goes on and on.

Yet now they are protesting because some people don't want some select refugees to move to the US.
You would think that's exactly what they would want?

But maybe it's OK because it ain't happening in "my" town, but in yours?

This is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard.
American elites are the ones who move freely about the country, and they have generally had a very positive impact on the economies of places like Portland.

So not only is government going to tell companies who they can hire, where they can produce good...it's now going to tell people where they can live. And we haven't even gotten into Trump's push for more eminent domain. Talk about you Trumpites really are facists who want government that controls every part of peoples' life

Old 01-30-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
American elites are the ones who move freely about the country, and they have generally had a very positive impact on the economies of places like Portland.

So not only is government going to tell companies who they can hire, where they can produce good...it's now going to tell people where they can live. And we haven't even gotten into Trump's push for more eminent domain. Talk about you Trumpites really are facists who want government that controls every part of peoples' life

This is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard.

You do realize that Trumps list of countries of exclusion was originally Obama's list don't you?

Plus, you sure don't know Portland, do you.

Sounds to me that you are just salivating at the chance to call someone that is pro Trump a name, then a fascist, and you just didn't understand the post.

Also "Fascist" has an "S" in it.
Unless you really meant "facist".

Thank you for furthering the downfall of the democratic party.

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 01-30-2017 at 05:08 PM..

Old 01-30-2017, 05:00 PM

8,497 posts, read 7,495,058 times
I didn't get to see the video with sound until I got home from work.

Seriously, no one sees that it was staged?

There's one guy who appears out of nowhere, lands one punch that it almost impossible to see land, and immediately beats a hasty retreat. The 'victim' hits the floor, while the video camera man is more concerned with filming what's going on rather than chasing down the alleged attacker. The most obnoxious 'protester' just happens to be standing next to the guy making the video - the rest of the crowd is pretty much silent while Mr. Obnoxious tries to goad them.

Here's the real big clue - in these videos, no one chases after the purported attacker - ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies