Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 09:47 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,022,474 times

Advertisements

but not as concerned as she would have been had he been completely white:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2153243

True - he certainly would never have been president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 11:37 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Zebra hater.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:50 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Zebra hater.

Guess who`s coming to dinner?

Old 03-19-2015, 12:31 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times
Not surprised. I can see where her daughter gets it.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:43 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
The blacks, the blacks, the blacks.

Yeah...I guess some of you are shocked (for some weird reason) to find out that there exists black people that don't jump up and down with joy at the prospect of having white folks join the family. I'm sure that comes as a complete surprise to those with an inflated sense of themselves based on their race.

In any case, given the generation she was born into, her concerns are understandable.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:59 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Yeah...I guess some of you are shocked (for some weird reason) to find out that there exists black people that don't jump up and down with joy at the prospect of having white folks join the family. I'm sure that comes as a complete surprise to those with an inflated sense of themselves based on their race.

In any case, given the generation she was born into, her concerns are understandable.

What a crock of baloney.

What's being pointed out is her and her family's racism, so chuck the hypocrisy.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:15 AM

13,652 posts, read 20,788,575 times
Quote:

Last time I looked, white folks are human beings just like black folks.

Seems some of you might wanna practice what you preach.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:17 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
but not as concerned as she would have been had he been completely white:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2153243

True - he certainly would never have been president.
So a half-melted fudgeball is okay?

Old 05-14-2015, 08:21 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:

I agree. My grandparents (Mrs Robinson's era) were mostly very wary of "race mixing." It was common amongst black and white Americans to have this point of view. My paternal grandfather actually had a white lady "on the side" and eventually left his wife (my grandmother) for the mistress. His mom didn't talk to him for a year over it and she herself was mixed race. Her own mother did not want her to marry my great grandfather because he was "too dark." My great grandmother looked like a white person even though she was classified as black.

I do think though that there has been an unhealthy focus on Michelle Obama around here of late.

Also, desertdetroiter is right, many black people don't think having a white family member is all that good of a thing. Just like many white men don't want their daughters bringing home a black guy, black families don't want their son to bring home a white lady. Both are common ideologies.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:22 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,916,734 times
My aunt was like that with hearing about my ex being African-American, yet her son in law is from Trinidad. Not a whole lot of white skinned people living there... Then again she complained abut my brother dating a Jewish woman. I think it is just she tries to be scandalous. My parents didn't care about neither, they looked at the character. The fact remains despite interracial marriage being fully legal for about fifty years now, many people still look down on it whether it is the whites on the black SO or the blacks on the white SO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies