Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 02:22 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny123 View Post
which other areas beside New York?
Good question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 02:39 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'll clear up the right wing BS before it even get's started in this thread.

Mr. Baghdadi is a Sunni who was captured in Iraq during the American Occupation. He was held at a prison in Iraq where hundreds of other Iraqis of the Sunni Sect that was fighting the American military were held. In 2008, there was a SOFA agreement between the Bush Administration and the Iraqi government that released thousands of prisoners held in Iraq who had not been charged with a crime. The release date for these prisoners was set for January 1st. 2009. This is 18 days before president Obama was sworn into office.
Mr. Baghdadi was one of those prisoners released.
He was never held at Guantanamo, was never released by Obama, nor was he ever prosecuted for any crimes.

It should be made clear that the Obama administration never played any role in the negotiations or subsequent release of the aforementioned Baghdadi. He is definately a bad actor but a brilliant tactician and charismatic leader. Traits that are necessary in a war. Especially a civil war. Ruthless brutality is another asset when fighting the enemy. Battles are won by out thinking, overrunning and then killing your enemy. He has done that with remarkable efficiency.

Rest assured that when we find him, we will kill him. He's too efficient and expert at what he does to remain alive and a threat to America.
Where did anyone spout any of this purported "right wing BS?" Certainly the OP did not claim that this guy had been released by Obama. I'm not saying no one did, but where is link/quote? You can't make up some imaginary argument/claims that have not been made, swat it down, then claim to have cleared things up. That's beyond straw man..maybe call it snow man.....

Old 06-18-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ah yes, the usual rightwing propaganda.

Fear-"he's coming for you!"

Blame "Obama released him!"

And then reality-he was released by the Iraq government, before Obama was president, and having witnessed the American military run over a couple countries, and removing the people in charge (permanently) its highly unlikely he wants to trigger that sort of response.
Ah the usual imaginary dialogue method. Who are you quoting here?

Old 06-18-2014, 02:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Will he be wearing an I "heart" NY shirt?

Old 06-18-2014, 02:54 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Where did anyone spout any of this purported "right wing BS?" Certainly the OP did not claim that this guy had been released by Obama. I'm not saying no one did, but where is link/quote? You can't make up some imaginary argument/claims that have not been made, swat it down, then claim to have cleared things up. That's beyond straw man..maybe call it snow man.....
Good point. I used other threads where the usual suspects try to inject misinformation and then reference that as fact.
I thought I'd post the actual facts concerning the ah.......Mr. Baghdadi as a frame of reference for any discussions about him.
You're right, I did jump the gun. Probably stole some conservative thunder in the process. Maybe yours?

Old 06-18-2014, 02:56 PM

22,188 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's somewhat comforting to know that all of the areas that the recently released terrorist would consider prime targets just happen to be large, liberal, urban areas which overwhelmingly voted for the current batch of politicians in office who opted to release them.

1. Saying its comforting for a liberal or conservative area could be targeted no matter what side of the ideological divide you are on is outright disgusting.

2. He was released as part of a SOFA agreement. The SOFA agreement transferred some power and control from the U.S forces in Iraq to the Iraqi government. The power transfer included what to do with the Prisoners being held in Iraq by U.S forces. These Prisoners were to be turned over from U.S custody to the Iraqi government or released depending on the evidence to charge them with crimes. This SOFA was signed in 2008......

Old 06-18-2014, 02:58 PM

22,188 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Good point. I used other threads where the usual suspects try to inject misinformation and then reference that as fact.
I thought I'd post the actual facts concerning the ah.......Mr. Baghdadi as a frame of reference for any discussions about him.
You're right, I did jump the gun. Probably stole some conservative thunder in the process. Maybe yours?
You jumped the gun by about 8 minutes. Look at the More you know's heinous post.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:08 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Ah the usual imaginary dialogue method. Who are you quoting here?
Lets see, we have one poster claiming that they are happy its targeting a left wing city, as thats who released him.

We have many others actually believing his last words on being rleased was this.

Which is such BS of course.

But hey feel free.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:29 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny123 View Post
Said to be the parting words the ISIS leader said to his American captor when he was released in 2009. Any concern for another terror attack?
Yup, but I'm not living my life in fear. We already got hit in Boston, I'm sure it's not the last. Some say he said NY because his guards were from NY, so who knows. Hopefully he'll get blow away fairly soon.

Old 06-18-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Lets see, we have one poster claiming that they are happy its targeting a left wing city, as thats who released him.

We have many others actually believing his last words on being rleased was this.

Which is such BS of course.

But hey feel free.
The quote of the ISIS guy seems pretty credible. The source is a US military officer. What is your case that it is "BS?" You still didn't answer the question. If you have an issue with post #8, why not respond to that instead of having to make up imaginary dialogue, and then responding to that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: