Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 10:06 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,818,152 times

Advertisements

'Big Pharma, the CDC and other public health organizations tell the mainstream media (MSM) what to report about outbreaks and epidemics. So you may have the impression that recent measles outbreaks are occurring because of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccination refusals.

According to official public health documents kept from public attention, the opposite is true. Many stricken with measles have had the full array of three MMR vaccinations.

There have been many, and the various public health organizations, including the CDC, are well aware of them. Yet, pediatricians convince and school boards coerce parents into making sure their children get three MMR vaccinations in short succession. Obviously, not enough know of measles breakouts among the vaccinated.

Medical authorities eager to vaccinate maintain it takes a population vaccination rate of 90% to ensure an “immunized” disease will not break out within that community. This high percentage was contrived as necessary for “herd immunity,” which would prevent any outbreak from occurring.

Prison Planet.com » What they won’t admit about measles outbreaks: Most children who catch measles were already vaccinated

Old 04-01-2014, 10:16 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,344,082 times
Lol! Prison Planet using 30 year old data that may or not be true.
You're not embarrassed?

Old 04-01-2014, 10:19 PM

13,308 posts, read 7,885,605 times
Well, I'm sure there's a good explanation for this!

Old 04-01-2014, 10:20 PM

13,308 posts, read 7,885,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Lol! Prison Planet using 30 year old data that may or not be true.
You're not embarrassed?
Yeah, I rejected euclidian geometry when I found out how old it was.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:25 PM

947 posts, read 1,466,697 times
Prison Planet has been debunked. Those weren't children who were infected during the outbreaks who were vaccinated. But unvaccinated children and adults.

Measles outbreaks in the 21st century - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can blame Jenny McCarthy and her BS from Andrew Wakefield whose discredited research was done so he could get rid of the MMR vaccine and promote his own vaccine.

You can also blame religious fundies.

There are over 150,000 deaths to Measles each year and they are in people who didn't get the vaccine. The measles is then picked up by travelers who didn't vaccinate their kids and infants and brought back to the US and it then spreads around.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,344,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Yeah, I rejected euclidian geometry when I found out how old it was.
So, I guess you still believe schizophrenia is caused by demons?

Old 04-01-2014, 10:43 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,295,161 times
My daughter got such a bad case of the flu the year before last that it put her in the hospital. She had a flu vaccine.

Some may argue that without it things might have been worse. Some may argue its all a scam.

I don't know which to believe.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:11 PM

37,157 posts, read 41,357,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
My daughter got such a bad case of the flu the year before last that it put her in the hospital. She had a flu vaccine.

Some may argue that without it things might have been worse. Some may argue its all a scam.

I don't know which to believe.
The flu vaccine is one of the least effective. Your daughter may have had a strain that was not included in the vaccine or she might have been infected before the vaccine had time to work. I would not use her experience as a reason not to take the vaccine.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:38 PM

37,157 posts, read 41,357,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
'Big Pharma, the CDC and other public health organizations tell the mainstream media (MSM) what to report about outbreaks and epidemics. So you may have the impression that recent measles outbreaks are occurring because of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccination refusals.

According to official public health documents kept from public attention, the opposite is true. Many stricken with measles have had the full array of three MMR vaccinations.

There have been many, and the various public health organizations, including the CDC, are well aware of them. Yet, pediatricians convince and school boards coerce parents into making sure their children get three MMR vaccinations in short succession. Obviously, not enough know of measles breakouts among the vaccinated.

Medical authorities eager to vaccinate maintain it takes a population vaccination rate of 90% to ensure an “immunized” disease will not break out within that community. This high percentage was contrived as necessary for “herd immunity,” which would prevent any outbreak from occurring.

Prison Planet.com » What they won’t admit about measles outbreaks: Most children who catch measles were already vaccinated
This argument has been around long enough that the people who continue to use it know it is misleading. That means they are deliberately lying by omission. What it fails to consider is how many people do not get sick.

Let us take a hypothetical group of 10000 people. About 95% of the US population is vaccinated: 9500 are vaccinated, 500 are not.

Expose the whole group to measles. The measles vaccine is 95% effective after one dose and 99% after three. Let's use the lower number. That means that 5% of the vaccinated group is not protected by the vaccine: 5% of 9500= 475.

Measles is so contagious that if you are exposed and susceptible you will probably catch it. That means that all 500 of the unvaccinated people get it and 475 of those who had the vaccine. So that means the vaccine is no better than being unvaccinated, right? Wrong!

What about the 9025 people who were vaccinated and did not catch measles? Conveniently forgotten by the "vaccinated catch measles, too" crowd.

Risk of measles without the vaccine if you are exposed: 100%.
Risk with the vaccine: 5% if you have one dose, 1% if you have three.

But wait! There's more! That calculation assumes that everyone in the group has an equal risk of being exposed. In truth, unvaccinated people tend to flock together, so they have a higher risk of being exposed if one in the group gets it. So in the US, most cases are indeed in unvaccinated people.

From Jan to Aug 2013, of 159 cases, 131 were known to be unvaccinated.

Measles — United States, January 1–August 24, 2013

The thesis of the OP is false.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:35 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,516,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
Prison Planet has been debunked. Those weren't children who were infected during the outbreaks who were vaccinated. But unvaccinated children and adults.

Measles outbreaks in the 21st century - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can blame Jenny McCarthy and her BS from Andrew Wakefield whose discredited research was done so he could get rid of the MMR vaccine and promote his own vaccine.

You can also blame religious fundies.

There are over 150,000 deaths to Measles each year and they are in people who didn't get the vaccine. The measles is then picked up by travelers who didn't vaccinate their kids and infants and brought back to the US and it then spreads around.
Yep. I used to be on the fence about this issue. No longer. People spreading this kind of misinformation around are putting everyone in danger, especially the children who cannot receive the vaccine for one reason or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies