Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 12:47 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,759,576 times

Advertisements

Mistake in gun bill could defeat the effort | Local News | The Seattle Times

They claim it was a "mistake" to force Sheriffs to inspect gun owners homes....its coming folks open your eyes..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 01:11 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,912,672 times
the gun grabbers are going to try every trick in the book to subvert the constitution as best they can. they have been embolden by obama and his tactics, and unless we the people stand up to him, we are going to lose more of our rights.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:29 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,808,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the gun grabbers are going to try every trick in the book to subvert the constitution as best they can. they have been embolden by obama and his tactics, and unless we the people stand up to him, we are going to lose more of our rights.
They'll use every right as a reason to take them away. After all, we as adults can't be trusted to make our own life decisions. This might be true now that the job of parenting is being systematically removed from the parents. Teachers view themselves as more important to the guidance of children than the parents. We are witnessing the de-evolution of western civilization.

Those who think the complete destruction of our rights is impossible:

Why did you allow yourself to be led to the slaughter like sheep?
Why I Did Not Leave Nazi Germany in Time

should read this.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:37 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,044,767 times
The mistake is somebody actually read it. Well a mistake according to the gun grabbers. I notice the media has cooled off in their haste to cover this issue. I guess they are letting the hysteria die down so the tyrants in office can try and sneak these bills through with not so much fanfare.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:54 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,603,090 times
OMG they are coming to take your guns.!!!

Old 02-17-2013, 02:04 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,869,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You people are brain dead.

“In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall ... safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection.â€

In other words, come into homes without a warrant to poke around. Failure to comply could get you up to a year in jail.

“I’m a liberal Democrat — I’ve voted for only one Republican in my life,†Palmer told me. “But now I understand why my right-wing opponents worry about having to fight a government takeover.â€

Old 02-17-2013, 04:01 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,891,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14
They claim it was a "mistake" to force Sheriffs to inspect gun owners homes....its coming folks open your eyes..
No mistake about it...... ALL PART OF THE NWO!!!!!

Old 02-17-2013, 05:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,731,874 times
People will die from the very amendment they are trying to infringe upon, because they are infringing upon it.
It will be used as intended.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:42 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,808,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
You people are brain dead.

“In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall ... safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection.”

In other words, come into homes without a warrant to poke around. Failure to comply could get you up to a year in jail.

“I’m a liberal Democrat — I’ve voted for only one Republican in my life,” Palmer told me. “But now I understand why my right-wing opponents worry about having to fight a government takeover.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
People will die from the very amendment they are trying to infringe upon, because they are infringing upon it.
It will be used as intended.
George, Samuel, Benjamin, Paul, Alexander, and the rest of them would be arrested if todays politicians were running the show back in 1770. Our forefathers knew that the government they had created would be subverted by men.

Our Founding Fathers Feared And Hated Democracy
Most high school students who hear such things are surprised and shocked. They've been taught that the United States was, and has always been, a democracy. That “majority rule” is the fairest of all possible forms of government. Woodrow Wilson declared that "we fought World War I to make the world safe for democracy” and Franklin Roosevelt said that the U.S. “must be the great arsenal of democracy.”

Here is what the founding fathers thought of democracy:

“The ancient democracies in which the people themselves deliberated never possessed one good feature of government. Their very character was tyranny; their figure deformity.” -Hamilton

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -Benjamin Franklin

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -Samuel Adams

"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -Patrick Henry

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself." -John Adams

Some of us can see what's coming, while others are completely blind to it. They prefer to live in fleeting moments of ignorant bliss.

An ominous warning:

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has happened once in 6000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world." - Daniel Webster

Our current batch of politicians are the desciples of anarchy.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:56 PM

30,120 posts, read 18,730,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
No- they are coming after YOU. The gun issue is just a speed bump.

Only an idiot would sacrifice their liberty for the promise of short term federal benefits. Ben Franklin realized this and expressed his sentiments 250 years ago on this issue. Too bad libs cannot read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies