Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 12:01 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,405,022 times

Advertisements

I just want to call a timeout,a time to reflect,a time to stop and say wait a minute...and to personally vent a minute.

I will strongly disagree with members here at times,might shake my head,you may do the same about me lol.

But I see some spew being posted sometimes,mainly in the immigration section and I just want to say do read what people say,but don't necessarily take it as gospel.There is alot of ranting about immigration, mainly focused on Mexican immigration,rightfully so but when I see posts saying all Mexicans don't want to speak english,and are demanding people bow to their will I think some people who live hundreds of miles from any Mexican just believe and jump on the ranting bandwagon.

I spent several weeks in San Antonio this year which is predominately Mexican and everybody I met spoke english,and was nice.I was surprised myself because of all that I read I figuired I'd be treated as the freak gringo and have to strain to communicate,well it wasn't that way.

We rip into each other politically on this section also,but man debate is one thing,hating people is another.I don't hate anybody I can say truthfully save maybe Osama Bin and company,and maybe with him(Osama) it's just a matter of protecting ourselves,maybe feeling hate is too strong also toward him in Jesus's view I dunno.

Anyway,just wanted to say that,whether Jesus is a liberal or conservative I just hope he is liberal at forgiving me and conserves a place in his kingdom for me.

Last edited by lionking; 09-20-2007 at 12:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 07:27 AM

1,408 posts, read 4,864,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
whether Jesus is a liberal or conservative I just hope he is liberal at forgiving me and conserves a place in his kingdom for me.
Wow. Amen! That was beautiful, Lionking.

And yes...I would say He certainly is and does. That's just how amazing His grace is.

God bless,

Lanc

Old 09-20-2007, 07:31 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,563,358 times
Well said---my compliments....In 100 years not one presently-living American adult citizen---not one illegal alien--and not one reader of this forum will be left alive. Possibly, neither will the USA, in its present form. Yet life will go on, and our descendants will find a way to adjust to their own paticular reality, whatever that may be....
The best to you all-------

Old 09-20-2007, 07:35 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,676,781 times
I dont hate anyone ( well except my ex husband). Fustrated yes, tired of it yes. My opinions are based on my experiences of living in 6 states and the dealings I have had. Along with the things I have seen and experiences of friends and family. I think alot of people take not wanting someone here, to hate. No I dont hate, dislike the actions yes hate no. As far as Jesus, dont know, times were different, guess I will find out, hopefully a long time from now.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:58 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,797,847 times
LK, I agree with you 100%. Very nicely worded post, very refreshing.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:06 AM

28,937 posts, read 30,297,243 times
Wull I hate liver....!!!!!!! and fleas and snakes and monsters in my room that live under my bed and in my closet....of the old house I live in that creeks and spews noises like you wouldn't believe....and my mirror, that vomits when I look into it and ask, "Whose the most beautiful of all".

Seriously
Beautiful post...thanks so much for this....very good thoughts to remember....

oh well, I don't hate my mirror that much....yanno? After all, we've been together for a long long time, it's best we learn how to get along...or I'll break the begezzes out of it, no matter how many years of bad luck I've had...LOL, stands up, and brushes herself off, does a hair flip while, walking out of this thread and back into another one....

Old 09-20-2007, 08:27 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,006,557 times
Well said lionking.

The person most negatively affected by hate is the person doing the hating. So let us all be kind to ourselves and stop the hating. It is one of the best health practices on the planet and it costs nothing. If we stopped the hate, health care costs would drop dramatically, the war would come to a screeching halt, and the defecit would disappear almost overnite.

blessings....Franco

Old 09-20-2007, 08:32 AM

537 posts, read 441,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I dont hate anyone ( well except my ex husband). Fustrated yes, tired of it yes. My opinions are based on my experiences of living in 6 states and the dealings I have had. Along with the things I have seen and experiences of friends and family. I think alot of people take not wanting someone here, to hate. No I dont hate, dislike the actions yes hate no. As far as Jesus, dont know, times were different, guess I will find out, hopefully a long time from now.
I agree with you. I have to say though, that after visiting my brother in the hospital after he was stoned by Mexicans that were here illegally, I came as close as I ever had to actual HATE. But, you are right about hating the actions because I do not know the illegals personally. I will say this though, the ones I have met in person are not really all that different and they do in fact expect for this country to give them whatever they want. I have had a family member murdered by two illegals in Arizona and I have been spat on by Mexicans, not knowing if they were illegal or not. That does not give a person the warm and fuzzies at all.

I agree that we should try to calm down some but when one actually personally attacks in a private message and then has a friend of his, who happens to be a moderator, to give me an infraction for doing nothing wrong. It shows how far the pro-illegal crowd will go when they feel they have been wron ged or when they want to put the anti-illegal people in their place, which is what I was told by someone in this forum. I also hate it when I see people telling out and out what have to be LIES because of the fact that I may person ally know an area that they are lying about. When a person lies that bothers the heck out of me.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:35 AM

28,937 posts, read 30,297,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
Well said lionking.

The person most negatively affected by hate is the person doing the hating. So let us all be kind to ourselves and stop the hating. It is one of the best health practices on the planet and it costs nothing. If we stopped the hate, health care costs would drop dramatically, the war would come to a screeching halt, and the defecit would disappear almost overnite.

blessings....Franco

I gotta tell you, for the most part...I love this forum....most of the people here are tollerant, kind, compassionate, but above all fair. There is a lot to learn here...I belonged to this other forum, and they had several different subject threads...but long story short, if you posted something that went against the beliefs of some of the men and the ower of the web site, they would come down on you like vultures, condiscend, hurt, and discredit your personality....they were not able to discuss issues like here, it was there way or the highway....

So, I want to thank you all, who are kind, considerate and fair, for using this forum as an incredible learning tool...to come together and discuss issues, in a fair way with open hearts and minds...we can't agree with everyone all of the time but we surely can be respectful to one another...yanno....we get more done that time.

Thanks again and many hugs for this thread....

Old 09-20-2007, 08:53 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,746,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I just want to call a timeout,a time to reflect,a time to stop and say wait a minute...and to personally vent a minute.

I will strongly disagree with members here at times,might shake my head,you may do the same about me lol.

But I see some spew being posted sometimes,mainly in the immigration section and I just want to say do read what people say,but don't necessarily take it as gospel.There is alot of ranting about immigration, mainly focused on Mexican immigration,rightfully so but when I see posts saying all Mexicans don't want to speak english,and are demanding people bow to their will I think some people who live hundreds of miles from any Mexican just believe and jump on the ranting bandwagon.

I spent several weeks in San Antonio this year which is predominately Mexican and everybody I met spoke english,and was nice.I was surprised myself because of all that I read I figuired I'd be treated as the freak gringo and have to strain to communicate,well it wasn't that way.

We rip into each other politically on this section also,but man debate is one thing,hating people is another.I don't hate anybody I can say truthfully save maybe Osama Bin and company,and maybe with him(Osama) it's just a matter of protecting ourselves,maybe feeling hate is too strong also toward him in Jesus's view I dunno.

Anyway,just wanted to say that,whether Jesus is a liberal or conservative I just hope he is liberal at forgiving me and conserves a place in his kingdom for me.
Spending a few weeks in San Antonio and thinking you are in any way an expert on illegal immigration is laughable.

Many people on this forum have been personally affected by the current illegal invasion.

Until you are personally affected by this invasion you should reframe from critiquing those that are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies