Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 09:54 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,571,834 times

Advertisements

I was unable to post to the "101 reasons" thread, so here goes---I think that, aside from the "Clod" factor, and the annoying "Bunkhouse accent", the underlying reason Bush makes us so uncomfortable is that he represents a "new" way of thinking which the majority of the American public has not yet come to grips with, and that is that Bush and his ilk see themselves as not so much Americans, as "citizens of the world", BASED in America, mostly for its wide-open business climate and its freedoms.
They see all of the world as their "plum", and show little concern for sovereignty and borders, regarding these as merely quaint vestiges of a rapidly-disappearing "old order". Europe has already surpassed us in this transition.
Looking around the globe, I doubt that most Americans are really ready to "throw in" with their fellow members of the human race just yet; nevertheless, it appears we have little choice in the matter. Yet it is WE who will be asked to make most of the accomodations, and to do most of the "cutting back" in order to make the "new" reality work. And Bush does a particularly poor job of presenting this reality to the public. His notorious secrecy, his condescending "smirk", and his ineptitude at public speaking make an already disturbing message all the more upsetting. Yet few would deny that this new order is rapidly coming at us, as the concept of individual nations becomes more and more irrelevant with each passing year. And Bush and Company serve as the "poster children" of this uncomfortable situation.
None of this should serve to minimize the terrible reality of the war in Iraq, or the illegal immigration mess. I'm merely suggesting that these are really SYMPTOMS of a huge and possibly cataclysmic shifting in the "direction" of civilization. The future looks very uncertain, and Bush isn't inspiring any confidence.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 10:01 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,685,114 times
I only need one reason.

He completely ignores what the American citizen wants. And he is a moron ( ok two reasons)

Old 09-07-2007, 10:14 AM

106 posts, read 316,709 times
Thumbs up Great post!

I couldn't have put it any better! Thank you for taking the time to post this. I just wish more true Americans would recognize this and rise up!

I'm on your side...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I was unable to post to the "101 reasons" thread, so here goes---I think that, aside from the "Clod" factor, and the annoying "Bunkhouse accent", the underlying reason Bush makes us so uncomfortable is that he represents a "new" way of thinking which the majority of the American public has not yet come to grips with, and that is that Bush and his ilk see themselves as not so much Americans, as "citizens of the world", BASED in America, mostly for its wide-open business climate and its freedoms.
They see all of the world as their "plum", and show little concern for sovereignty and borders, regarding these as merely quaint vestiges of a rapidly-disappearing "old order". Europe has already surpassed us in this transition.
Looking around the globe, I doubt that most Americans are really ready to "throw in" with their fellow members of the human race just yet; nevertheless, it appears we have little choice in the matter. Yet it is WE who will be asked to make most of the accomodations, and to do most of the "cutting back" in order to make the "new" reality work. And Bush does a particularly poor job of presenting this reality to the public. His notorious secrecy, his condescending "smirk", and his ineptitude at public speaking make an already disturbing message all the more upsetting. Yet few would deny that this new order is rapidly coming at us, as the concept of individual nations becomes more and more irrelevant with each passing year. And Bush and Company serve as the "poster children" of this uncomfortable situation.
None of this should serve to minimize the terrible reality of the war in Iraq, or the illegal immigration mess. I'm merely suggesting that these are really SYMPTOMS of a huge and possibly cataclysmic shifting in the "direction" of civilization. The future looks very uncertain, and Bush isn't inspiring any confidence.......

Old 09-07-2007, 11:03 AM

5,169 posts, read 11,450,581 times
Bush & Co = for the $$$ by the $$$ and to he** with the rest of the world.
No health care for millions, millions of illegals, biggest deficit ever etc. etc.
How this guy can sleep at night, I don't know....

Old 09-07-2007, 12:49 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,440,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Bush & Co = for the $$$ by the $$$ and to he** with the rest of the world.
No health care for millions, millions of illegals, biggest deficit ever etc. etc.
How this guy can sleep at night, I don't know....
He "sheds a lot of tears," ya know.

Then again, I guess there are a lot of so-called, "sad drunks" out there.....

Old 09-07-2007, 01:06 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,473,049 times
The sooner we all get with the program, the better. Now, which piggy is Snowball, and which piggy is Napoleon?

Old 09-07-2007, 01:56 PM

101 posts, read 255,246 times
I don't think Bush bashing at this stage will help, we are already in too deep a sh** to get out of, what irks me most is that there are enough stupid people out there to not see through the crap and they still support him as he is Christ's second coming or something..

I have come to the realization that us Americans are the number one reason to blame for our problems, after all, didn't 51% of us vote for this guy the second time (assuming we were sissy enough to let our democracy fall the first time)? We have a deep seated problem in this country.

- Manufacturing was America's strength thirty years ago, today China does it for us.
- Technology was our strength twenty years ago, today, India does it for us.
- Biotechnology could have been our strength, we don't like to do that because obviously, Jesus would not want us to play with stem cells.
- We cannot innovate in Energy because oil companies have a stranglehold on innovation there.
- No child left behind? 90% of graduate students in Science and Technology are Asians and Indians, we are waaaay behind.

The policies have been in place for decades, Bush may have simply put the last nail in the coffin. Let us do some soul searching.

I don't think we have much of a future. I once read a story of a rich kid whose parents spoiled him and never taught him a skill because they had money. After the parents died, and with no income or intelligence, the money was quickly stolen from the kid, and he was left begging on the streets. This is what our generation X/Y crowd is, deep in debt, no interest in running their own country and no job prospects outside the service sector. No wonder, the next generation is generation Z, and after that, we run out of letters...

Oh and yes, I am taking my retirement money and moving to Europe, will pay taxes in a country where taxation translates to representation for me, not for some drug peddling, oil slicking lobbyist who has every single congressman on his payroll.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:49 PM

791 posts, read 2,224,991 times
Quote:
The policies have been in place for decades, Bush may have simply put the last nail in the coffin. Let us do some soul searching.
Congress... 535 reasons to support term limits with NO benefits and NO grandfathering tenure. Send them home now.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:27 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,588,629 times
Good posts, Willys and normalguy.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:45 PM

106 posts, read 316,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normalguy View Post
I don't think Bush bashing at this stage will help, we are already in too deep a sh** to get out of, what irks me most is that there are enough stupid people out there to not see through the crap and they still support him as he is Christ's second coming or something..

I have come to the realization that us Americans are the number one reason to blame for our problems, after all, didn't 51% of us vote for this guy the second time (assuming we were sissy enough to let our democracy fall the first time)? We have a deep seated problem in this country.

- Manufacturing was America's strength thirty years ago, today China does it for us.
- Technology was our strength twenty years ago, today, India does it for us.
- Biotechnology could have been our strength, we don't like to do that because obviously, Jesus would not want us to play with stem cells.
- We cannot innovate in Energy because oil companies have a stranglehold on innovation there.
- No child left behind? 90% of graduate students in Science and Technology are Asians and Indians, we are waaaay behind.

I don't think we have much of a future. I once read a story of a rich kid whose parents spoiled him and never taught him a skill because they had money. After the parents died, and with no income or intelligence, the money was quickly stolen from the kid, and he was left begging on the streets. This is what our generation X/Y crowd is, deep in debt, no interest in running their own country and no job prospects outside the service sector. No wonder, the next generation is generation Z, and after that, we run out of letters...

Oh and yes, I am taking my retirement money and moving to Europe, will pay taxes in a country where taxation translates to representation for me, not for some drug peddling, oil slicking lobbyist who has every single congressman on his payroll.
I like your last idea...take your hard-earned and I'm sure well-deserved retirement money and move to Europe. I am contemplating the same thing. I lived in Europe already and may leave for good this time around. Tough decision though...we'll see. I need REAL representation for my money
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies