Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 09:42 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,860,904 times

Advertisements

I've noticed recently that a lot of left leaning CD posters use the term "trailer park" as a derogatory term towards people they clearly want to degrade. The term is usually thrown in with other terms like redneck or hillbilly which they also use in a derogatory way.

What's with the left's hate for people who live in mobile homes?

Am I missing something? And before you try to attack me, I don't live in a trailer park or a mobile home... I'm just asking a question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 09:45 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,552,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I've noticed recently that a lot of left leaning CD posters use the term "trailer park" as a derogatory term towards people they clearly want to degrade. The term is usually thrown in with other terms like redneck or hillbilly which they also use in a derogatory way.

What's with the left's hate for people who live in mobile homes?

Am I missing something? And before you try to attack me, I don't live in a trailer park or a mobile home... I'm just asking a question.
Maybe its a counter to the fact that the right leaning C-Ders believe that all Black Americans live in or are from the ghetto and only want to live on welfare.

If those C-Ders can make blanket statements about an entire group of people, I think a bit of turn about is fair play.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Maybe its a counter to the fact that the right leaning C-Ders believe that all Black Americans live in or are from the ghetto and only want to live on welfare.
I see what you're saying but your statement is based on people's race, I haven't seen anyone attack people who live in mobile homes because of their race... I'm just trying to figure out what it is about mobile homes that lefties hate, they don't seem to have that same hate for people who live in rented houses, apartments, duplexes, etc etc etc.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:47 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,467,426 times
Because they are true bigots.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:51 AM

178 posts, read 268,373 times
idk why. much of their voting base comes from the inner city "trailer park" white and black alike

Old 11-04-2011, 09:53 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,483,906 times
bek rich lefties are upper class in disguise. in cabo the rich lefty and righty look pretty much alike with a hawaiian shirt and mai tai in the hand. .
for the rich lefty, the contempt of the poverty stricken white, which is the old class consciousness, goes under the guise of defending the oppressed AA. what is strange is AA poverty is exalted and given almost holy status. but there again poor whites are hated by everybody.
for the rich lefty to call AA their brothers in their fight against racial oppression is like when i worked longshoremen as a young guy (poor white southern background). i am in the hold of the ship, lifting 100 lb bags of rice all day and the guy with the clipboard standing over me pulling OT, is my "union brother".

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-04-2011 at 10:34 AM..

Old 11-04-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If those C-Ders can make blanket statements about an entire group of people, I think a bit of turn about is fair play.
But what "entire group of people" are you talking about? I understand calling black people an entire group but people from all areas and all walks of life live in mobile homes.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I see what you're saying but your statement is based on people's race, I haven't seen anyone attack people who live in mobile homes because of their race... I'm just trying to figure out what it is about mobile homes that lefties hate, they don't seem to have that same hate for people who live in rented houses, apartments, duplexes, etc etc etc.
People like yourself have posted numerous times about your general dislike for Black Americans. In numerous posts, Black Americans have been called and referred to in every imaginable demeaning way possible without regard to the vast amount of diversity of thought that exists within any given community (especially amongst Black American).

So while you (and people like you) choose to lump all Black people into whatever negative stereotype that you feel is necessary to make your point, the same type of negative stereotypes can be applied to the White underclass. "Trailer park" is a metaphor for the White underclass who do not fit the superiority model that people such as yourself tend to push as a counter to your negative model used for all Black Americans.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:56 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,839,262 times
I suppose because of the stereotypes that are perpetuated in the media about trailer parks (trailer park jokes, etc.). I have spent the night at friends' houses in trailer parks in the past and actually thought they lived pretty good compared to my apartment living.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
But what "entire group of people" are you talking about? I understand calling black people an entire group but people from all areas and all walks of life live in mobile homes.
And there are people from ALL walks of life who live in predominantly Black neighborhoods but that does not stop you and people like you from referring to those people or their neighborhood as "ghetto".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies