Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2023, 09:21 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times

Advertisements

This is actually a huge trade. I think it is a very good one and we are aging and should be thinking of THIS season and next season only. We need to go all in. I like t his move.

https://www.wtae.com/article/penguin...egare/44744144
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2023, 10:28 PM

1,170 posts, read 590,589 times
Yeah, there are two choices; sell your franchise players and go through a painful rebuild. Or try for another run, and then later go through a slightly rougher rebuild. Its a non brainer. There is no "retooling' options here. In that context, this trade is an A+++, like video game level good. Will it work out? Absolutely not guarentee, but Dubas shoot his shot.

Its still amazing how it was close to as the joke "let me give you all the contracts I don't want, for your one good player" trade as you will EVER find in the NHL.

Old 10-10-2023, 08:57 PM

Blown lead, make a very average goalie look world class, lose to a team you are supposed to beat. What does this remind me of?

I am still an optimist though, even in good years, Pens have always lost to bad Blackhawks teams for some reason.

Old 10-11-2023, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
Blown lead, make a very average goalie look world class, lose to a team you are supposed to beat. What does this remind me of?

I am still an optimist though, even in good years, Pens have always lost to bad Blackhawks teams for some reason.
It did look kind of like last year all over again, but it is one game. I noticed I don't have the sports channel that the Pens play on anymore and I am paying like $180 a month! So Fios doesn't carry the channel for the Penguin game? That would be a first. I gotta get rid of this cable crap. Such a waste of money really.

How are you going to watch them play?

Old 10-13-2023, 04:58 PM

Hulu+ live TV is $70 per month, gives you about 50 channels (all the ones you want), huge library of sitcoms and other shows and most importantly, ESPN+ which gives probably 70+ Penguins games, I think its just the NHL Network games that I can't watch. If I cared more about the Pirates, that would be an issue but that is only because I am out of market.

Old 10-13-2023, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
Hulu+ live TV is $70 per month, gives you about 50 channels (all the ones you want), huge library of sitcoms and other shows and most importantly, ESPN+ which gives probably 70+ Penguins games, I think its just the NHL Network games that I can't watch. If I cared more about the Pirates, that would be an issue but that is only because I am out of market.
Can you see like local news and such? I am about tired of paying $180 a month and can't even watch a penguin game. Seriously. I have a friend out of state and he has some Penguin channel and he can't even watch the game tonight. If they keep making it this hard, I think I will just stop following it. I honestly enjoy some sports, but not that interested if they make it so I have to have a bunch of different subscriptions. I miss Root or that ATT thing. Then I just watched the games. Football is easy to watch. I don't care about the Pirates. I was a fan in the 70's and late 80's but now I don't bother. Waste of time.

Thanks for advice on this. It is hard to pull the plug, but they are making it easier to do so not being able to watch the game tonight. I have to go to a bar? Geez, maybe they can't get it either. Oh well.

Old 10-13-2023, 08:11 PM

Yes, I get all the local networks. Pulling the plug is a great move. Just decide what you value, and you will find something that makes sense. The real downside is if you have an older TV, even with a Roku or Amazon stick, you will run into buffering issues. But I bought a new (and cheap) TV and its been great.

Old 10-13-2023, 08:33 PM

22,568 posts, read 47,624,621 times
Geno was on fire tonight, as was Jarry!

Old 10-13-2023, 09:44 PM

Yes, nothing restores faith like a shutout win against the Caps. Where is Erieguy? I hope he is somewhere, complaining that Jarry didn't save more shots than he faced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh