Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 11:34 AM

1,524 posts, read 1,309,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
I'm about 5 minutes from the Crossings, nothing really special, just chain stuff, but I really like the theater. I am amazed how well the townhouses along Cumberland Road sold. Over 300K, no yard, traffic noise, limited parking, might as well live in the City.

I'll have to give Mama Lucia's another try, was there years ago and didn't like it. Guess I don't have those New York taste buds. I'll 3rd the OTB in the Boat House in North Park. My wife and I frequent that quite a bit. Great setting out on the patio and I think they only offer locally brewed beers. And definitely check out Bartram's, worth it.
I'm guessing a lot of the townhouse owners work at UPMC Passavant or somewhere else nearby and wouldn't want to be in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 12:15 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGH423 View Post
I'm guessing a lot of the townhouse owners work at UPMC Passavant or somewhere else nearby and wouldn't want to be in the city.
If so, the stories about low pay are wrong, they start at 325K. To me, it's a lousy location. Little to no yard. I lived in an apartment complex like that and we called it Tar Beach.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:46 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,898,379 times
Quote:
My coworker lived there with her ex before they split.
He worked for Westinghouse in Cranberry. She works downtown with me. With that couple, the location made sense.
It was also new construction, they had choices for interior design details, and the noise really wasn't that bad - I didn't notice it at all when I visited their house.

Old 06-28-2018, 01:01 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,129,168 times
Quote:

There are also likely several rentals, I know up in Wexford (pine) where Market District is the townhouse right next to it have several Athletes that live (either rent or own) there. Some of the lesser known who might not be here long term. We knew a few people that rented out. They liked being away from everything but still a pretty straight drive to the parks.

Old 06-28-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
If so, the stories about low pay are wrong, they start at 325K. To me, it's a lousy location. Little to no yard. I lived in an apartment complex like that and we called it Tar Beach.

I wouldnt mind the location though I hate condo/townhouse living (did that when I was young). It is pretty central to most areas I visit and has plenty around and could walk to the movies. Traffic isn't really that bad once you are up past babcock and before you get to the busier part of Pine/Wexford. Also pretty close to North Park

Old 06-28-2018, 01:33 PM

12,529 posts, read 17,536,827 times

Don't care to have Cumberland Road as my backyard.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
They have a huge market but are definitely not meant to appeal to someone who wants a yard (actually meant for someone who doesn't want one). I doubt $325 is expensive to physicians.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:

The location is unmatchable to many people (not me). Without a road there, they'd probably sell for $375K or $400K.

Old 06-28-2018, 05:39 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:

Heh. I dance naked in front of my windows by accident on occasion when I day-drink. Methinks the soccer moms would flip over their SUV’s if they saw that!

In all seriousness while I’m an urban dweller I love McCandless Crossing. The Cinemark is the nicest theater in the region, in my opinion. The HomeGoods there is great, and I love Dick’s! Burgatory is the bomb, and shoppers at that Trader Joe’s seem to be less pushy than shoppers at the East End one. I have been meaning to try the coffee shop there, so I thank the earlier poster for the positive recommendation.

I plan to visit again soon—assuming Copanut lets we city folks invade his turf to spend our money.

Old 06-28-2018, 07:35 PM

Yes, the coffee is good and a nice variety. Also a nice place to sit and enjoy, they actually moved up from St Augustine. My SIL knew them and that is how we found them. Nice owners who are very involved though not sure how much they are in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh