Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2009, 09:31 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,261,489 times

Advertisements

I hardly ever post any pictures on this board, so I thought I'd show you the pix I got of some new babies at our house. We've been watching momma robin for a few weeks and were getting concerned that her babies weren't hatching. I finally took a closer look this evening. BABY BIRDS! X3! I'll try to follow their growth and keep you posted. Here's the first installment:

I've got a little slide show that I'll add to now and then right HERE.

Moderator, please move this to the birds thread. I looked but didn't see it on page 2. Sorry!

Last edited by WyoNewk; 06-17-2009 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: Request to Mod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 12:15 PM

2,870 posts, read 3,372,970 times
Default Baby Blue Jay

Poor little guy was about to become dinner for one of the cats in the neighborhood... luckily I got home just in time to interrupt the plan of attack.

Little Blue was startled off his perch on the side of a pot I had not yet planted and when he fell in, again, luck was looking out for him...

With him inside the pot, it made it easy for me to carry him away from the scene of the impending crime and closer to the house where he would be safe for the night.

Carefully, I covered the pot with a wicker basket that rather looked like a bird cage when it was all said and done... and first thing in the morning, I lifted the 'cage' to let him hop out and wonder around the yard,,, Mom was very relieved to see her little baby blue was ok!

Photo was taken with my Blackberry.. it was all I had on hand at the moment.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Photography