Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2022, 10:52 AM

1,680 posts, read 2,556,196 times

Advertisements

I love ordering from Chewy for many reasons, My wild birdseed is always fresh, shipping is super quick and 60lbs of birdseed is delivered right to my front door.

They have a special promotion right now for a $30 Chewy gift card if you buy over $100. You simply add the promotion card when you checkout. Only one promotion allowed and you must add the code when you check out. I use auto-ship for my birdseed orders so I verified that this promotion still applied to auto-ship orders where I already get a 5% discount and free shipping over $49. The problem was that when you use auto-ship there was no opportunity to add the promotion code for the $30 gift card promotion. You just click on place my order and it automatically places the order with the credit card info on file.

Chewy customer service to the rescue! I emailed customer service and explained that auto-ship has no place for me to add the promotion code. I could increase my order to over $100, but, there was no way for me to add the required promotion code. Within minutes of my email explaining the problem I received a reply that customer service had added the promotion code manually to my auto-ship account and simply place the order before the promotion ended.

I received the $30 egift card the next day when the order was shipped and it can be used on a future order at checkout or the gift card can be added to my Chewy account.

Love Chewy customer service! Just thought this information might help another Chewy customer who uses auto-ship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2022, 11:47 AM

1,680 posts, read 2,556,196 times
Just a follow-up to my original post. I went to schedule my next auto-ship order and apply my gift card that was on my account. I was unable to change the quantity of the autoship order back down to 2 bags and apply the $30 credit. Had to call Chewy customer service and explain the problem. Customer service was able to go into the system to change the quantity, but, had an issue with how to apply the gift card credit to the order. She eventually solved the problem by creating a new auto ship with the correct quantity and deleting the old autoship account.

I imagine this had something to do with the way they had to manually go into their system to enter the gift certificate promo in the original order. If you experience this same issue when using the gift certificate credit with your next autoship - just give them a call at their 800 number and customer service will do a work around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets