Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2020, 05:11 PM

1,664 posts, read 1,920,295 times

Advertisements

Or you’ll give up your food, lollol

I’ve had Rottweilers a big part of my adult life. The joke has always been “don’t make eye contact” with the Rottweiler because they are pros at cold staring anyone down with food in their hands, lollol

I thought this would be a fun thread for anyone with a picture of ANY critter cold staring you down for whatever is in your hand - or on the counter. Dogs, cats, birds, horses, cows, - just anything

The only rule is the critter has to be yours - not something you found on the internet

This is my Spoiled Rottenweiler at the barn. She knows there are two treat jars on the work counter - one for the horses and one for herself and the Catahoula. She won’t budge until I give her something.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2AA8E47A-9E6D-47DC-B553-FD1D68A62028.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	385.2 KB
ID:	223344
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2020, 02:50 PM

32,668 posts, read 48,104,757 times
They had better not.

I don't permit begging. They can go lie down and secretly hope, but they had better not try the Jedi mind trick if they don't want a hard stare right back at them, or even a growl.

Pensive does, however, make it clear that she has hopes about something that she wants that is out of her reach. ( toy on the counter, a big pot of dog food cooking. ..). She will look at the item, look quickly at me, look back at the item, back and forth while I get the message. Once I tell her I see it and she has to wait, she will quit.

She'd make a good drug dog. Absolutely no question about whether she had a hit or not.

That's a handsome rott.

Old 09-07-2020, 06:49 PM

6,471 posts, read 3,990,438 times
Awwww, look at that face!

Old 09-07-2020, 07:27 PM

@oregonwoodsmoke, thank you. Even the vet thinks she is a great looking example of a Rottweiler, even if she is big for a female. Last I measured, she was 24-3/4” at the shoulder; it wouldn’t surprise me if she did hit 25” as that was months back and she is only 3-1/2 years now.

@K12144, Thank you. That is why I try not to make eye contact but she is merciless, lollol

That was at the barn, while I was getting feed ready for the horses. She knows she is not allowed to bug me when I’m mixing up the horse supplements. She will sit quietly watching, until the feed pans go to the horses, then those eyeballs will start drilling thru me if I don’t pay up for her patient behavior

Old 09-15-2020, 04:41 PM

740 posts, read 457,763 times
Every single time my wife or I begin to cut any kind of food, she would squeeze herself in between us and the cabinet waiting for food to drop. Never ever say "Ooops"...She will dart like crazy to get the food we dropped. She doesn't care what it is...she just wants it in her mouth before we can reach it. My last picture I took of her was a picture was her standing between my wife and kitchen cabinet as my wife was cutting veggies. A week later she passed away. (Sorry, don't know how to upload pictures)

Old 09-16-2020, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefong123 View Post
Every single time my wife or I begin to cut any kind of food, she would squeeze herself in between us and the cabinet waiting for food to drop. Never ever say "Ooops"...She will dart like crazy to get the food we dropped. She doesn't care what it is...she just wants it in her mouth before we can reach it. My last picture I took of her was a picture was her standing between my wife and kitchen cabinet as my wife was cutting veggies. A week later she passed away. (Sorry, don't know how to upload pictures)
I am so sorry for your loss

1. To load pictures, click on the “go advanced” button.

Click on “manage attachments” under the typing block.

Click on “choose file”.

Click on “photo library”, which is the library you have on the device you are typing from.

Click on a picture, click “done”, click “upload”, which can often take awhile. When you see the language appear for the picture, click “close this window.

Go to the paper clip icon in the bar above where you are typing, open it and click “insert picture.

2. Or, if you have your pictures stored on line, click the square icon, underneath the paper clip, and follow the prompts

I hope this makes sense, as we would love to see your girl

Old 09-16-2020, 10:01 PM

740 posts, read 457,763 times
The best things about pets, especially dogs, they do some of the silliest things.. My dog use to love singing along with Sarah Brightman's version of "My Heart Will Go On". Thanks Normashirley for the instruction...
Attached Thumbnails
Don’t make eye contact-dog.jpg  

Old 09-26-2020, 01:41 PM

4,865 posts, read 3,292,420 times
We're down to two dogs now... one old, one puppy. One of the several (four!) we lost in the past couple years was an absolute 'foodie'. If you were anywhere near the food prep area, he was sitting right there, head to the floor waiting for something to fall. All the others did it to some degree, maybe because Beau was ALWAYS there. I noticed the other day that the puppy doesn't do it, even tho the older dog still does occasionally. The master wasn't around to teach him.

The old dog has bad legs and quit jumping up in laps or onto chairs a few years ago. Puppy is six months old, and doesn't appear to have any idea that he could jump up if he wanted to. If I toss a toy up on the couch that he can't reach, he'll stand up and look at it, then run around the back of the sofa to see if he can get it from there. Very funny to watch. He'll jump down off your lap, tho. It may be a good thing that he hasn't figured out the 'jump', but I really do wonder if it's because he hasn't seen anybody else do it.

Old 11-27-2020, 06:03 AM

10,022 posts, read 8,653,098 times
I once had a dog that would always sit in the living room and watch me. One day I was in the recliner reading a book and the cat came walking down the hall.
I heard the dog tell him, " He's been sitting there staring at that object in his hands for over an hour."

Cat " That's a book, when people want to say something without speaking they make marks in it and other people can tell what they are saying without hearing them."

Dog " People are strange "

Cat " Yes they are, but as long as they feed us, who gives a damn ?"

Dog " Good point "

Old 11-29-2020, 02:04 PM

5,854 posts, read 5,290,237 times
Since it is just Hubby & me, we eat in the living room on t.v. trays. On one side of Hubby's tray sits Luna starring at him. On the other side-in between our trays, sits Elvira starring at him-starring at me-starring at him, etc. He usually gives them both a little taste. Josette is somewhere else. She doesn't beg. Sometimes we will try to give her a taste. Most of the time she will turn her nose up at it but every now and again, she will take it.

And then there is the bag of chips. Hubby will open the bag and I start counting. I never get past the count of 5 or so when Luna is RIGHT THERE. Elvira is not too far behind.

And yes, they DO get plenty of food. They are not starving. I guess they just like our food.

Cat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets