Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2019, 02:01 PM

439 posts, read 423,582 times

Advertisements

Well this is weird and I am hoping someone else has some experience here. My dogs have gone to a doggy daycare (they do cats and other animals too but they are secured away from everyone) that I absolutely LOVE. I got a new dog who is sensitive to children (and new people) but has done well the past few days at daycare with both staff and other dogs.

Today I got a message from one of the employees that I should know that New Dog is not good with kids. Um ok? Then I find out that there was a toddler (1-2 year old) IN the daycare with loose dogs- a child of one of the groomers. Of course everyone is swearing up and down that this child is so good and would never grab at a dog but we all know that toddlers are not known for stellar behavior. Regardless, I don't want New Dog around kids.

Then I got to thinking about the liability and I don't want either of my dogs around ANY kids there. I sent a message asking that both dogs be secured away from any children on the grounds that are not the owners kids (she doesn't let them run wild and is attentive t all times the few times they are there).

If either of my dogs bit some kid I know for a fact that their insurance and possibly their attorney will be after me in a second. I also see in a quick search that most business insurance will not cover children in any workplace. I can see everyone getting sued and no good coming out of this.

I did mention to the owner that she may want to ask her attorney and insurance person about this and left it at that.

Anyone experienced anything like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 02:23 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,852,325 times
No. IMHO the daycare owner is making herself very vulnerable and making her clients vulnerable too. Things happen between kids and pets, even if they know each other. If the daycare is unwilling/unable to abide by your request to keep your dogs separated, time for a more responsible daycare. Be sure to explain why you can no longer remain a client.

Old 09-20-2019, 09:05 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,219,394 times
I agree with Parnassia....having a toddler at doggy daycare is irresponsible. Kids are not even permitted in most dog parks until they are older, and there is a better person to adult ratio there. I wouldn't even want my dog there and he's generally fine with kids.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:36 PM

7,118 posts, read 4,540,768 times
That’s definitely a accident waiting to happen. Ugh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets