Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2018, 10:54 PM

20,816 posts, read 8,652,273 times

Advertisements

Interesting UK article but I know there are pet psychics in other countries. Have you ever been to one?
Couple claim they can communicate with dead animals | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 01:53 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,637,795 times
I've been a professional psychic for more than forty years. This includes contact with spirits. While I've received only a few calls regarding deceased pets, the sessions went very well.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:54 AM

268 posts, read 228,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Interesting UK article but I know there are pet psychics in other countries. Have you ever been to one?
Couple claim they can communicate with dead animals | Daily Mail Online
No, I've never been to one. I wouldn't waste my time and money. Since animals don't have language like we do, communicating with them as if they do, especially after they die, is absurd. Some psychics claim actual conversations with dead pets as if they were humans. There is no irrefutable scientific evidence that life after death exists for humans or animals.

No offense meant. That's only my opinion.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:18 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,387,604 times
No, never. I've been to a few 'human' psychics, but never for a pet. Quite honestly, I hesitate to believe the authenticity of most...human or pet. I will admit that I do believe genuine psychics exist, but tend to think that authentic ones are few and far between. Of the human psychics I'd seen, only one ever got information absolutely bang on - things I'd never divulged to anyone in my life, she picked up on, and was even hesitant to mention. She also predicted a few future events (including for my sister, a car accident on a bridge...she kept saying to her, 'be careful...I'm seeing an accident in a car, but it's not on land, I'm seeing water, please be careful'...a month later my sister walked away from an accident that took place on a bridge that spanned water; the car was completely totalled, and she wasn't hurt). But all of the other psychics...completely, totally, utterly wrong on almost everything (one guy even argued with me when I told him my job, he said, 'no, that's not it, you don't work in a place like that' ).

So I guess this is just my feeling of psychics in general. Yes, I believe that some are authentic, whether for pets or people; but I find that there are so many charlatans out there that to find someone who truly does pick up on things is rather difficult to find.

btw, I did have my own experience once of communication with a pet. This was a rabbit I had, Raph. It was the day he was going to be put down...he had severe arthritis and could no longer walk, and his pain meds weren't working very well any more. I was devastated at having to say goodbye to him, and about an hour before the scheduled appointment, I sat with him in the backyard, him lying on my lap as I sat on a swingset, stroking his fur and long ears. I was so emotional, tears were falling...and suddenly, I "heard" him communicating with me. It wasn't so much spoken word; it's a bit hard to describe, but it's as if I understood him completely via feelings. He was letting me know that his time had come, that he was okay with it, and that he was so grateful for the love that I had for him, and in giving him a good life in the short time he had. I was completely stunned by this - esp. as, at the time, I had no belief in animal/human communication on that sort of level; but you know, it helped me so much when I took him in to be euthanized, I kept 'hearing' "it's okay, it's okay". I walked home with a very heavy heart, but at the same time it felt like Raph was still with me. And a couple of nights later I had an extremely vivid dream; Raph was lying on a blanket on the floor, and was struggling to get to up. He did this for a minute or two, then suddenly he was on his feet, and was hopping about and dancing(!!), so joyful that he could again be mobile. Then I saw him hop away into the woods, and the feeling of happiness was immense. I believe he was telling me that he was okay, he was happy, and I needed to let go of my pain.

Anyway, that's one reason why I can never dismiss the existence of such communication; it's simply finding someone who is authentic that can be the challenge.

Old 02-12-2018, 03:15 PM

1,201 posts, read 808,652 times
No, if I ever feel like just flushing money down a toilet, I will actually flush money down a toilet. I will not give it to charlatans that make their money by scamming idiots! People are so gullible and "a fool and their money" are soon parted"!

Old 02-15-2018, 12:25 PM

304 posts, read 296,749 times
The only supernatural I engage with is the fiction kind. I understand that spirits, goblins and fairies aren't actually real, so I'm obviously not going to visit a psychic.

I'm not sure how I feel about the ethics of 'psychics'. On one hand they are obviously full of ****, perhaps delusional, but on the other hand people have a desire to spend their money being told a bunch of random lies because it comforts them for whatever reason. Part of me wants to make this my job because I can bull**** idiots just fine and I wouldn't mind the extra money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets