Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 08:17 AM

1,408 posts, read 8,019,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
Can anyone who adopted a dog, cat, or some other animal, post a picture of animal that they saved? THANKS.
Sure. I adopted (from local animal shelters) both my fur babies. I forgot to add Parker was adopted from the Lakeville Animal Shelter (MA) and Jasmine was adopted from the Charlestown Animal Shelter (in RI).
Attached Thumbnails
Post A Picture Please-zzzzzzzzzzz.jpg   Post A Picture Please-parker-jasmine.jpg  

Last edited by surfingatwork; 08-22-2007 at 12:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 11:35 AM

202 posts, read 833,610 times
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/jackjane/8-17-05005.jpg (broken link)
Shelby was adopted from a rescue shelter. He is 15 yrs old now and still acts like a kitten!!

Old 07-15-2007, 09:14 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
Default This has got to be my favorite thread yet!

I love seeing everyone's furkids.

Buddy on the left was adopted from a local animal shelter. He's a wonderful
male with seizure problems. Notice that he is half the size of my female,

Sandy who I bought from a breeder in Tennessee. I believe he was starved and did not grow to his full potential. Sad but really glad I have him!

Here are my two Golden Retrievers. [IMG]

Old 07-15-2007, 09:40 AM

10 posts, read 55,712 times
Simon is from the human society.

There are some great looking dogs in this thread.

Last edited by WhoAmI?; 07-15-2007 at 09:56 AM..

Old 07-15-2007, 08:36 PM

1,930 posts, read 10,170,847 times
Talking Our newest baby!

I already posted pictures of our two American Pit Bull Terriers, Brooklyn and Destiny, but just last night we got a new puppy! I had noticed that there was this little black and white APBT puppy chained up on a back porch two houses down from us for two days! She had food and water and she was on the porch out of the sun and the rain, but it really upset me that she was left out there all alone for two days.. so I told my husband that if she was there the next day I was going to call animal services. The next day my husband went to let Brooklyn and Destiny out to go potty, he was outside for a while so I went to see what was going on.. The guy that lived next door to the people who owned the puppy (3 houses down from us) told us that the black and white puppy was originally his dog. He said he already has 4 dogs, him and his wife had just had a baby and now they have a second child on the way. He said he couldn't handle another puppy at the time so he gave her to the guy that lived next door to him. He said that the dogs owner had just gone to jail and the guy who lived with the dogs owner was moving out.. he said that the guy came and told him that he was just going to leave the dog on the back porch because he didn't want her! Soo.. now this guy (the puppy's original owner) was trying to find her a good home. He told us that he saw we had two APBTs and he thought maybe we would want her. We went over and met her and after hearing that whole story we had to take her! She has obviously been abused because she is kind of thin (not too bad) and she eats like she has never had food before! She is soo scared of everything! Well, she has gotten better now that she sees we won't hurt her, but she still tucks her tail between her legs and rolls on her back if we walk up to her quickly. She is the sweetest thing though! She is crate trained, house broken, she has had all of her shots, she walks nicely on a leash, she never barks and she gets along wonderfully with Brooklyn and Destiny! I really don't understand how someone could do that to a dog! That breaks my heart! But, now she has a wonderful, loving, forever home with us and I am soooo happy that we have her now!!! Anyway, here are some pictures that I took today.. The brindle is Brooklyn, the white and tan is Destiny (I already posted pics of Brooklyn and Desi in my first post) and the black and white one with the goofy ear is Tiki.. We are thinking about maybe changing her name to Tika or Jayda, but we aren't sure yet???

Tiki with her new daddy..

Tiki and her new mommy..

One big happy family!

How cute is this!? lol! I think her goofy ear is the cutest thing!

Old 07-15-2007, 09:21 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Your new baby is soooooo cute, PitBullMommie! Congrats on the new addition, and kudos for saving the poor puppy.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:19 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,167,793 times
Here is my boy Sabre.

We got him back in 2004 from a local rescue group. Don't know much about history of him, but he was very agressive, dogs and all.
I put a lot of work into him, we did some Sch. training, personal protection, obedience, etc. Trining never stops with this boy. But he's the best dog ever, intelligent, smart, loyal, wont leave my sight for a sec!! We have a female GSD as well, and they both are excellent companions.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:03 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,487 times
Post A Picture Please-dscf0217_edited.jpg
First try to post a pic, sorry.
Here are my "pups", my pride and joy!
The "little" one is "Monti", and is a rescue from a no-kill shelter in FL. (He made it there with his litter mates just in time, before the original owner had the chance to kill them all. )
The GSD is "Miko", and we bought him from a breeder out in KY.
They are both CLOWNS at times!!!!

Old 02-17-2009, 01:19 PM

2,870 posts, read 3,369,054 times
Question Where are all the Cats?

He's passed on, but I had him for 25 years! Greatest kitty ever!

Old 01-27-2024, 05:24 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,517,503 times
I PLACED a story about a pet that was mistreated yesterday, and I cannot find it today.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets