Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,062 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to locate Keith Edwin Davis, or any of his family members. He was born in Wincester, Tennessee and graduated from E. Tenn. State College, Univ. of Tenn., and Univ. of Kentucky. He would most likely be in his late 70's to late 80's if still living. I know that he lived in Lexington, Kentucky at one time. Please help! He is a vital link to my father-in-law's lost biological family. They were separated during depression-era and raised by different families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2006, 04:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,061 times
Default Some Info

I was told that Keith Edwin Davis died in 1985 of ALS. I am sure we are talking about the same person born in Wincester, TN, etc., etc. He also taught in Florida and maybe Texas. I do not know much at all about his biological family except that the children were split up when they were small. He told me there was a brother and at least two sisters -- this is from over 40years ago and my memory is not clear. Strange that your message was the first one I saw when I pulled up his name on Google for the first time ever.

Old 11-17-2006, 09:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,064 times
Default Keith Edwin Davis

Keith Edwin Davis was my English teacher at Eastern Kentucky State College in Richmond, Ky. (Now Eastern Kentucky University) He taught me about 1960. At that time a book he had written "The Inconstant Moon", a collection of short, short stories in pathos, became available (1960). (Exposition Press Inc., 386 Park Ave. So., New York 16, N.Y.) I purchased one and Mr. Davis autographed it. I still have the book, which has the paper jacket still intact. The back has a portrait of Mr. Davis and on the inside is some biographical info that states that he was a native of Winchester, Tn. It also states that he was working on his Doctorate at U. K. He is said to have B.S. and M.A. degrees from ETSU. Also, he studied English at U. T. and anthropology at U. K. He had previously co-authored a collection of poems with a Cecil Patrick Tyler entitled "Pariterra", published in 1951. The bio also alludes to his having served in WWII, including Guadalcanal, Saipan, Iwo Jima and Tinian. The last info that I received concerning Mr. Davis came from another English prof. at Eastern about 1961, or so. He told me that Mr. Davis had married one of his students named Ruth, and had moved to Texas. That was not his first marriage, having been married before coming to Eastern. I don't recall whether he ever said anything about having any children with his first wife. We were good pals at EKU and chatted often. As I recall he said that he had played football at ETSU until he was injured and had to drop out of athletics. That's about all that I can remember right now. I hope that this is of some help. If it is true about his death, I am truly sorry. He was a good friend many years ago. His book is open before me as I am now typing. Mr. Davis was a special guy. His name evokes many fond memories. Good luck in finding further information.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:19 AM

1 posts, read 3,032 times
Default reb1223

Hello,reb1223,
I am trying to respond to your search for Keith Edwin Davis. Please respond now before I waste time typing a lengthy explanation.
Tyler

Old 06-07-2013, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,877 times
Default Keith Edwin Davis

Is someone still searching for information on Keith Edwin Davis? If so, I can help. I'm not really sure how these forums work. It looks like the post was from several years ago.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:15 PM

1,724 posts, read 2,492,352 times
spencer5678 If you click on the person's name than you can send a direct message to them.

Bill

Old 06-08-2013, 07:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reb1223 View Post
I'm trying to locate Keith Edwin Davis, or any of his family members. He was born in Wincester, Tennessee and graduated from E. Tenn. State College, Univ. of Tenn., and Univ. of Kentucky. He would most likely be in his late 70's to late 80's if still living. I know that he lived in Lexington, Kentucky at one time. Please help! He is a vital link to my father-in-law's lost biological family. They were separated during depression-era and raised by different families.
I was married to Keith Edwin Davis for 20 years. He died October 4, 1985 of ALS, Lou Gherig's disease. We have 2 daughters. He had 2 other daughters and a son. If I can be of further help, please contact me.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:59 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,627,203 times
Oh why, oh why, don't they followup ? lol. I get so excited when there are responses so much time later. I hope there is some way that the OP can reconnect for his FIL or someone in the family.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:39 AM

1,724 posts, read 2,492,352 times
I sent reb1223 a DM on 06/23 to telling him/her to check this post. Never heard back.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,123 times
My father Jack Benton Jones and Keith Edwin Davis are half brothers. Any info would be great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search