Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2006, 11:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,494 times

Advertisements

Hello
I am looking for any information and help in finding information on the family of Lt. William F. Galey from Weiser, Idaho. He was killed in an air fight over France in October 21,1942. My cousin was killed also that day. William's father was Edward Hughes Galey.
We have visited the little town in France where he died and they would like to inform the families about a memorial they would like to establish to honor these 8 young men who were killed.
Any information would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,254 times
My name is Edward William Anderson. Edward Hughes Galey was my grandfather. William F. Galey was my uncle. My given names came from my grandfather and Uncle Bill. I would be interested in any additional information about the memorial you mentioned.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:16 AM

2 posts, read 4,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4449janz2 View Post
My name is Edward William Anderson. Edward Hughes Galey was my grandfather. William F. Galey was my uncle. My given names came from my grandfather and Uncle Bill. I would be interested in any additional information about the memorial you mentioned.
I'm very happy to ear from you and your uncle William F Galey.
The first post before was sent by a very good friend of mine, Destia, she did a huge work about the crew of the air-craft which fell down just new my home 67 years ago. But I was not there, I am 48, we have been working a lot about this IInd WW tragedy and would have so much things to exchange with you.

Maybe let's keep on by mail, for much pictures,.

(Excuse my english not so perfect)

Last edited by Iffig; 05-27-2009 at 12:16 PM..

Old 05-27-2009, 06:17 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,464,026 times
Wow! This is fantastic! Looks like the last time 4449janz2 logged back on city-data was 4 days ago (according to the statistics in his profile). I sure hope he checks back in to see that someone responded to his response, since this thread was started in '06.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:20 AM

2 posts, read 4,368 times
Default Still waiting

No reply Yet.
Maybe on holydays
No problem for waiting some weeks or monthes more.
I sent a personnal message.
It would be a great pleasure for us, to get in touch for the 65th of the Normandy Landing OverLord on next 6th of June.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search