Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2021, 09:35 PM

3 posts, read 1,468 times

Advertisements

I would recommend you to try playing darts with him. I really love that game and I play it every Saturday with my son. That's how we spend time together and hang out and talk. I even bought all the equipment we needed, also a light for our dartboard, after reading a guide on Dartsity website https://dartsity.com/best-dartboard-light/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 02:46 AM

14 posts, read 8,481 times
Outdoor activities like fishing, boating, cycling, or play some indoor games like monopoly! It can be great fun. Make sure you both enjoy them.

Old 09-17-2021, 02:52 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,921,524 times
https://www.amazon.com/Boys-Book-Adv.../dp/0764166115

Old 10-22-2021, 09:36 PM

1,346 posts, read 877,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
thanks

we played some board games today [ with our own rules]

doing more stuff with him with a telescope and with scouts

this summer was busy volcanoes , cooking ,camping , fire kit etc etc lots of adventures

Old 10-22-2021, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaLambert View Post
Outdoor activities like fishing, boating, cycling, or play some indoor games like monopoly! It can be great fun. Make sure you both enjoy them.
we are addicted to action figures imagination plays , apple didn't fall far

i hate fishing it takes so much time [its like antishipping warfare with a mine when you can be more proactive and use a torpedo/missile , one day i will try with a shot gun and depth charge those b@#$!] but he caught some this summer, i humored him with my incompetence in fishing.

monopoly is very important , i want him to learn more about money and not be stupid like i was when i was young

Last edited by Dad01; 10-22-2021 at 09:56 PM..

Old 10-22-2021, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda111 View Post
I would recommend you to try playing darts with him. I really love that game and I play it every Saturday with my son. That's how we spend time together and hang out and talk. I even bought all the equipment we needed, also a light for our dartboard, after reading a guide on Dartsity website https://dartsity.com/best-dartboard-light/
interesting ill look into it ,

Old 10-23-2021, 03:35 AM

23,902 posts, read 33,692,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Something we did with our granddaughter when she was 6ish...

first of all, I bought a bunch of googly eyes at Michaels. When the granddaughter came out to the country, my husband and I and granddaughter rode around on our Side by side, and would occasionally jump out and stick googly eyes to trees.

We all three thought it was the silliest thing ever and had a lot of fun.

That sounds like fun. I can see the kids liking that, heck, I'd like that.

I bet some of the people saw the googly eyes, wondering if they were markers of some sort that showed the way to an event or a hint being left for a treasure hunt.

I've seen things on telephone poles, you get to the last one that will have a big sign saying happy birthday.

Back in the early 70's, we used to have a pom-pom that had googly eyes and flat feet, similar to these. I can see sticking those all over too. Hobby Lobby actually sells them. I think I would buy the pom-poms and a pack of larger googly eyes to make my own, then go around, sticking them to signs and poles. I'm sure it will bring smiles to people's faces

I brought one to kindergarten one day. The teacher made me sit in the back of class with it on my nose. I guess it was supposed to teach me a lesson. The only thing it taught me is that it made everyone laugh their butts off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Its great yr kid actually likes to do things! Both my stepsons hate everything but video games.

Does he like to ride his bike? Maybe you guys could bike together, assuming he doesnt need yr help too much.

Fishing?

My grandson is 8, he's very into his xbox or watching you tube. He's not into going outside because he has health issues, over heats really fast.

When he was little, I bought a bubble blowing gun. It's been a hit, even for his sister. When the grand kids are out playing with them, some of the neighbor kids come over, they want to play with them too. Thankfully, I always have more on hand. I make sure to buy 4 of them every time I see them coming out in the stores because one usually breaks. They get hard to find. I'm surprised that target still has them in stock. What's good is that they light up now, so they can have fun playing in the dark. Grandson is 8, he still loves playing with the bubble gun, so does the 10 year old neighbor and her older cousin who's about 12.

Grandson used to love riding his bike, since he was little. My hub used to take him all over riding his Fisher Price trike, then his 2 wheeled bike with training wheels until my daughter upgraded his bike, he fell over once, bent the training wheel a little, refused to get back on. Hard to believe he's the same kid now, all these years later, still refuses to get on the bike even though he can touch the ground, has balance, doesn't need that training wheel.

It's sad because we've always been a 2 wheeled family. My dad used to ride a motorcycle, I used to ride a bike 20 miles to stores, then a moped and motorcycle. My daughter, his mother, used to love her trick bike, my son loved his bike too. All of the kids around here ride bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post

i hate fishing it takes so much time [its like antishipping warfare with a mine when you can be more proactive and use a torpedo/missile , one day i will try with a shot gun and depth charge those b@#$!] but he caught some this summer, i humored him with my incompetence in fishing.

monopoly is very important , i want him to learn more about money and not be stupid like i was when i was young

What about doing a google search to see what kind of action figures you can find to add to his collection?

My son is 36, the action figures he had are way better than what they make today. They used to see Power Rangers and TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) but stopped about 3 years ago.

If you could find some from the 80's, I'll be shocked if he doesn't love one of the series since he loves action figures.

Some that my son has, TMNT
Power Rangers
Jurassic Park
Transformers/Beast Wars
there was also another set that were skeletons, can't recall their name. You may be able to find them cheap.

My grandson is 8, he also loves Legos. It's a very expensive hobby to get into when buying kits at the store. You may be able to find some used ones cheaper because people did not save the instructions to make whatever kit they bought, so they may have bins of loose bricks that they can't get rid of because they did not save those directions.

There are Lego idea books that you can buy that give directions to the various things you can make with Legos.

Last edited by Roselvr; 10-23-2021 at 03:53 AM..

Old 10-25-2021, 01:33 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,303,740 times
Dad01, good to see you on another post.

I concur on the TAE KWON DO! I teach it myself, and do know some people in the Illinois area, if you'd like to share what city you are in.

Old 10-26-2021, 01:17 PM

1,711 posts, read 792,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post
My dude, this is absolutely beautiful

Daddy-Son time with the action figures is the BEST. Does he like video games? That can be a lot of fun. I know you said you guys don’t like sports but still toss that baseball around or bikes or whatever you two can do outside. Whatever his interests are… cultivate it…I hope my little dude is a HORROR fanatic like me as he gets older. You sound like you’re doing a great job!

Old 10-29-2021, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
My dude, this is absolutely beautiful

Daddy-Son time with the action figures is the BEST. Does he like video games? That can be a lot of fun. I know you said you guys don’t like sports but still toss that baseball around or bikes or whatever you two can do outside. Whatever his interests are… cultivate it…I hope my little dude is a HORROR fanatic like me as he gets older. You sound like you’re doing a great job!
Thank you I try
Yes we definitely play with ball bat and that basketball too we just don’t watch professional sports

I like world of warships, harpoon military strategy games
He plays his video games with cousins

Today we were doing a drawing competition and he was kicking my butt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting