Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 05:10 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times

Advertisements

Are you an aggressive, outgoing, humorous person? Are you a LEADER? Do you go to a party and "livin'" it up? When you give a speech at a function, do you put "emotion" into your speech......do you make people LISTEN? When you talk to someone, do you raise your voice an octive or two when there is noise around (TV, stereo, dishwasher running, etc.)? If you are a manager/supervisor, do you make sure you employees at work do what they are suppose to, and if they don't, do you let them know they need to improve or else they are gone? Do you go to sporting events and "cheer" your team on?
Or, are you passive, low-keyed, dry sense of humor, quiet,follower. Would some people say you are boring to be around??? Do you go to a company meeting and just sit there when the head of the meeting asks, "are there any comments or questions" and you have some? Are you the SERIOUS type???
Do you go to nightclubs to have fun and dance? Or do you just sit at the table and watch your friends have fun? Do you ask a man or woman, "would you like to dance". Or, do you feel completely rejected when turned down for a dance?
Are you somewhat arrigant and mouthy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2006, 06:07 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,777,604 times
Loveboating, what do you consider yourself? What's interesting sometimes is how people view themselves is not always how others view them. Maybe I'll start a thread about that.

I would say I'm outgoing, a leader not a follower. I have managed businesses for years and was always told that I'm fair and respected but I do have a problem with thinking things aren't done right unless I do them. That creates a lot more work for me. When making plans, I'm always the organizer, planner, most of the time the talker but for some reason everyone likes to tell me their business. Even strangers, within five minutes of meeting me, tell me their personal business and I don't know why, some things I wish they would keep to themselves.

Old 10-14-2006, 06:17 AM

Ok, I'll start this topic off: I'm the aggressive, outgoing, loud, opinionate, humorous and sometimes arragant and mouthy type of person. Believe it or not, I use to be somewhat shy years ago. Then, I broke out of my shell!! I was raised on a farm, so I had to be aggressive around livestock or I could get hurt. When I have gone to a party......people definitely know that I'm there. Have been in the military (Navy) and you have to be somewhat of an agreesive person to be in the Service. When I was single, never had a problem asking a gal to dance at a nightclub......love to do a fast 2-step or Western Swing. When I was a Team Roper in pro-rodeo, I could catch a steer pretty fast. When I was a Supervisor, I'd would have a "closed-door" talk with anyone who was under me that was making to many mistakes or wasn't doing their job correctly. My wife thinks I'm funny as heck.
Between us, my wife is the quiet one. She once told me, when she was a Manager, she wasn't a good one because she let her people get away with a lot. "If the job didn't get completely done or done correctly, I just do it myself", she told me. She doesn't like confrontations......me, "bring it on!!"
My supervisor at work.......SERIOUS, QUIET, MR. CLEAN, DULL and BORING. He doesn't like arragant, mouthy people. We tolerate each other, because he is basically a terrific supervisor and I'm a darn good Assistant to him.

Old 10-14-2006, 06:23 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,777,604 times
I'm the aggressive, outgoing, loud, opinionate, humorous and sometimes arragant and mouthy type

I can also be as described and nothing is wrong with that! I too was shy growing up and broke out one day, hmmm..... strange. I like being out spoken, life's too short for me to sit back.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:31 AM

622 posts, read 2,709,617 times
i would consider myself an assertive person.

i always seem to fall into a leadership role wherever i work! but, i dont feel it necessary to push others around. i have no problem sticking up for myself or what i think is right, and i find confrontation to be a much better route than avoidance... but, i am typically quiet and introverted. i am eccentric and love to show it, i have lots of friends, but those friends know to give me my space.

i guess you could say i'm right in the middle. but i dont get along with aggressive types very well.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:30 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,109 times
Aggressive, outgoing,humorous, arrogant, mouthy, fun, funny, a leader but I can be a follower also. Adventurous. I am an extrovert but I also need to recharge and can become very introverted. I can get also get very moody and quiet at times and some may think I'm shy. I'm complex, I think the technical term is menopausal.

Old 10-15-2006, 05:54 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,334,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Are you an aggressive, outgoing, humorous person? Are you a LEADER? Do you go to a party and "livin'" it up? When you give a speech at a function, do you put "emotion" into your speech......do you make people LISTEN? When you talk to someone, do you raise your voice an octive or two when there is noise around (TV, stereo, dishwasher running, etc.)? If you are a manager/supervisor, do you make sure you employees at work do what they are suppose to, and if they don't, do you let them know they need to improve or else they are gone? Do you go to sporting events and "cheer" your team on?
Or, are you passive, low-keyed, dry sense of humor, quiet,follower. Would some people say you are boring to be around??? Do you go to a company meeting and just sit there when the head of the meeting asks, "are there any comments or questions" and you have some? Are you the SERIOUS type???
Do you go to nightclubs to have fun and dance? Or do you just sit at the table and watch your friends have fun? Do you ask a man or woman, "would you like to dance". Or, do you feel completely rejected when turned down for a dance?
Are you somewhat arrigant and mouthy?

Yes! All of the above!
Actually, I was an extremely shy child and most people would still tell you I'm very quiet. It depends where I'm at or what I'm doing.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:58 AM

I think quiet and loud people are so different... they seem to operate on a different wavelength (I can't think of a better word).

A good friend of mine is a complete extrovert, bubbly, life of the party... totally opposite of me. Sometimes I think we are so different, it's amazing that we are such good friends. I have heard him comment on shy people, such as "I just don't think I can hang out with that guy... He just doesn't talk. I don't get it. It's weird to me."

And of course, I feel the same way about loud people, I find it taxing to be around them for long periods of time. I just don't get them. Maybe it's because most of my family are loud, aggressive people!

But anyways, just wanted to point out the observation... it's not that its right to be one way or another, we are just different, that's all!

Old 10-15-2006, 11:15 AM

So, would any of you be in a Debate? How about confrontations.....try to avoid them or "state your opinion" and "defend yourself"? I'd be in a Debate, no problem. Confrontations, no problem with that either. Of course, I'm not stupid either, I don't confront the wrong people.
My supervisor at work has, a number of times, told me that I was argueing with him because I disagreed on something he told me. Gee, just because I disagree with someone, does that mean I'm argueing with them........NO. I am a fairly serious person at work, but do enjoy kidding/joking around and having a little fun. NOT my supervisor......TOTALLY SERIOUS. I think that sometimes he thinks that I'm a 57 year old kid. He doesn't like that , buy my wife sure does !!!!!!!! We have so, so much fun together.

Old 10-15-2006, 11:22 AM

I'm with you on that one, Loveboating. I am not afraid of confrontation! I am annoyed when people see my arguing as negative... I think a good debate is nothing but positive! In fact, most people tell me that I love to argue so much, I shoud be a lawyer! ha! But there is no reason take an argument personally... over-sensitivity drives me nuts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics