Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 02:51 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,753 times

Advertisements

Last night I had a dream that after a car accident I was confined to a wheelchair. I woke up very shaken this morning as the dream seemed frighteningly real.

This is one of, if not my biggest fear. I would honestly rather die than miss out on the little things in life like going for a nice walk, a swim at the beach, a night out dancing with my girlfriends and of course intimate relations.

What’s yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 02:55 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
That something horrible will happen to any of my children.

I would rather something horrible happen to me than to them period.

My second biggest fear is that if that horrible thing that happened to them was something done to them by someone else, that I would lose my mind and kill someone with my bare hands.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:55 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,700,000 times
That something terrible will happen to my daughter.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:58 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,211,753 times
Well yes, we all fear something terrible will happen to our families… but I was talking more along the lines of something happening to you personally.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:59 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,046 times
Nothing scares me so much as something that might happen to either my sisters my parents or my nieces or nephews

Old 02-28-2011, 03:01 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Well yes, we all fear something terrible will happen to our families… but I was talking more along the lines of something happening to you personally.
Honey, if something horrible happened to one of my kids it WOULD be the worst thing that ever happened to me.

I'd rather be burned, paralysed, blinded, - you name it, than have one of my kids killed by a murderer or shot by a robber or hit by a drunk driver.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:15 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times
Quote:
Well, you asked what our biggest fear is, so we're giving you honest answers. Anything terrible happening to my children is my biggest fear, followed very closely by anything terrible happening to my wife.

Oh, sure, I have the normal garden variety fears. But when you're a parent, your children are really the most important thing in your life. It's very interesting how all the things you worried about when you were single pale in comparison to their welfare.

An example? Years ago, we were hiking in the Smokies, and a black bear popped up 100 feet ahead of us on the track. My children were between me and the bear. Without thinking, I picked up a large tree branch and rushed forward, putting myself between them and the bear. The bear looked me over, thought for a second, and ambled away.

Now black bears are not particularly aggressive, certainly not like grizzlies, but I basically put my children's safety ahead of my own. It wasn't any kind of heroism on my part. It was just instinct. Any other parent I know would have done exactly the same thing. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:15 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,644,406 times
Quote:
Last night I had a dream that after a car accident I was confined to a wheelchair. I woke up very shaken this morning as the dream seemed frighteningly real.

This is one of, if not my biggest fear. I would honestly rather die than miss out on the little things in life like going for a nice walk, a swim at the beach, a night out dancing with my girlfriends and of course intimate relations.

What’s yours?
My biggest fear has already happened and is over with. You can't have that much bad luck. I have a angel watching over me. Mostly, I just DIE HARD.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:16 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,410,464 times
I dunno really. I think most fear is irrational. Those things you fear need to be better understood and rationalised and if there are risks then try to understand them and manage them.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:17 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,674,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Honey, if something horrible happened to one of my kids it WOULD be the worst thing that ever happened to me.

I'd rather be burned, paralysed, blinded, - you name it, than have one of my kids killed by a murderer or shot by a robber or hit by a drunk driver.
agreed wholeheartedly. I can take and deal with anything- if it happens to ME. my kids.. thats a WHOLE other story....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics