Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2010, 02:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,091 times

Advertisements

I am expecting my first child in November I live in Lake Nona and work in Vista Lakes. Does anyone know of a good child care center in either of these areas. If so, what has been your experience with the staff? What are the tuition costs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 06:53 PM

18 posts, read 44,631 times
Many people I know have had issues with the child care in this area. I have had an amazing experience with Moderator cut: No advertising. No recommendations with under ten posts. it is costly but you get what you pay for I guess.

Last edited by 2goldens; 04-16-2010 at 09:32 PM..

Old 04-20-2010, 08:47 PM

3 posts, read 10,485 times
Default childcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Sig View Post
I am expecting my first child in November I live in Lake Nona and work in Vista Lakes. Does anyone know of a good child care center in either of these areas. If so, what has been your experience with the staff? What are the tuition costs?
I provide in home childcare in lee vista! I can provide the attention your little one deserves that in a daycare center there are so many kids they don't get undivided attention. I am a nurse now staying at home to care for a 3 month old and 8 year old. looking to care for 1 or 2 other children. please email if interested krstydiamond@yahoo.com

Old 05-12-2010, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,932 times
Hi. I also live in the Lake Nona area and would love to talk to you about hosting an Au Pair--it is an amazing program and much more affordable than people think. The average weekly cost is just under $340 for up to 45 hours childcare, light housekeeping, laundry and cooking. The Au Pairs can also teach your child another language, and you never have to worry about you child getting sick from other kids, they are in the safety of your home every day. Please call me to discuss further & best of luck to you in November!! Colleen 407-282-5632

Old 03-16-2014, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,304 times
I have 2 beautiful daughters. The youngest, will be 1 year of age in April and the oldest, will be 3 in June. I pride myself in the fact that both of my daughters are well behaved and rarely cause any problems. They were attending the Primrose School at Lake Nona located at 9915 Vickrey Place, Orlando, Florida 32827. My oldest daughter was having problems at this school with biting. No, she was not biting, she was being bitten. This went on for 2 months she had been bitten several times. I, as a concerned parent at first made the staff aware of my concerns when the incidents were kept occurring after the third time.
I spoke to the teachers and the director Mrs. Kroft a number of times and told them I could understand one or 2 times a year but this was starting to get out of control. Both my wife and I would receive a phone call every other week from the school that my older daughter was being bitten by another student. The teachers told us that my daughter never provoked the other student to bite her. My daughter would be either playing with another student not involved in the biting or she would be doing some activity by herself. At first they told us it was against the school’s policy to tell us who the student or students were or if it was the same student that had bitten her before. All that was told to us was that whoever did the biting was made to apologize to her.
Well both my wife and I were getting tired of getting all of these incident reports and the repeats of being told of the schools biting policy which did not help. Some of the teachers had told us it was the same individual and that individual had a history of biting but Mrs. Kroft and some of the head staff members later told us it was not.
I explained to Mrs. Kroft that there are 16 children in one class so that would make almost half the class bitters. She would not give me the number of bit incidents in the class. I explained to her that this is not normal and something had to be done. I had told her that if the attack continues that I will have no other choice but to notify the State of Florida to find out what was going on in my daughter’s class. She replied that she had no problem if I notified the state
I had enough when the last 2 biting’s occurred on the same day on 3/12/2014, which left a very nasty bruise on my daughter’s left arm. Something had to be done, I asked the assistant director to notify the corporate office and make them aware of what was going on with my daughter’s situation. The assistant director who was in charge at the time stated that she was not going to notify the corporate office. I also advised her that I had spoken to the director and advised her that if the bites continued that I will need to seek the help of The State of Florida to obtain the answers I seek. Again the director stated for me to go ahead.
I contacted the State of Florida DCF to look into the situation and find out what was going on in the classroom. Well the investigator came out to the school to conduct his investigation on 3/13/214. Later that evening when I picked up my 2 little girls I was told by Mr. Kroft that the owner of the school no longer wanted my 2 girls to attend the school. I explained that this was not fair my little girls did nothing to warrant to be kicked out of your school. I had the right as a concern parent to seek outside help because the problem was not getting resolved. The owners were not in the school and was out of town. They e-mailed a letter to Mrs. Kroft stating that my little girls were being released from their school but he would not state why?
We were not given any advance notice so now both my wife and I have to take off work to seek an alternative daycare for our little girls. I felt this is in retaliation for the action we took to get to the truth to why my daughter was being bitten. Is this how Primrose Academy conducts business, keep the trouble makers and if a parent question a concern and exhaust every other means to fix a problem their child is removed from the program. Even when the child has done nothing. I don’t understand was I supposed to let these bite attacks continue and say or do nothing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando