Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2008, 09:46 PM

6 posts, read 28,377 times

Advertisements

I think there was talk at one time about Wedgefield Golf Community development off SR520 (Orange County) having access to the Waterford or Stoneybrook areas via an access road. Does anyone know if an access road is available yet or if there are plans for one?

One can get access to the 528 from Dallas Blvd and get to the neighboring communities by exiting on the 408 E/W Expressway, going east (again) and getting off at the appropropriate exit (i.e., Alafaya Blvd). However, this is not convenient to shopping, but makes a commute into Orlando quicker if you are going in that direction. The school district is I believe off SR419/Chuluota Road, far away. It would of been great if Wedgefield had access to the closer schools, like Avalon, Stoneybook and Waterford.

We are looking into buying in the Wedgefield area and would like to know if anyone has any insight into these issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 10:11 PM

22 posts, read 88,029 times
Default Wedgefield Access

Actually, I have been wondering the same thing. I used to live in Waterford Lakes and there was talk about making access to 528 off from Alafaya. I don't believe that ever happened. I am now looking at moving to the Wedgefield area and I was wondering if the Avalon area and Wedgefield are accessable to each other since it is only a stones throw from each other. Plus, if I remember correctly Wedgefield wasn't accessable in both directions from 528, has that changed? I am hoping someone can answer my questions also. Would like to live in Wedgefield if there was more access.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,532 times
Default I need to know where Waterford Lakes are........

I am driving from Ocala, Florida. How to I get to the Waterford Lakes area? I understand it is East Orlando.....but how do I get there? I know NOTHING of Orlando...Thanks

Old 04-19-2008, 11:16 PM

Default Directions

There maybe a shorter way, but this is what I have:

1:
Start out going SOUTH on US-27/ US-301/ US-441/ SW PINE AVE/ FL-200/ FL-25 toward SW BROADWAY ST/ W BROADWAY ST.

2:
Turn RIGHT onto FL-200 S/ SW 10TH ST. Continue to follow FL-200 S.

3:
Merge onto I-75 S via the ramp on the LEFT toward TAMPA.

4:
Merge onto FLORIDA'S TURNPIKE S via EXIT 328 on the LEFT toward ORLANDO (Portions toll).

5:
Take the SR-408 TOLL E exit, EXIT 265, toward ORLANDO/ TITUSVILLE.

6:

Merge onto FL-408 E/ EAST-WEST EXPY (Portions toll).

7:
Take the ALAFAYA TR. exit, EXIT 21.

8:
Turn RIGHT onto N ALAFAYA TRL/ FL-434 S.

9:
Turn LEFT onto LAKE UNDERHILL RD. *This is the entrance to Waterford Lakes.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:01 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,145,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaBoundGal View Post
Actually, I have been wondering the same thing. I used to live in Waterford Lakes and there was talk about making access to 528 off from Alafaya. I don't believe that ever happened. I am now looking at moving to the Wedgefield area and I was wondering if the Avalon area and Wedgefield are accessable to each other since it is only a stones throw from each other. Plus, if I remember correctly Wedgefield wasn't accessable in both directions from 528, has that changed? I am hoping someone can answer my questions also. Would like to live in Wedgefield if there was more access.
The 528 alafaya connection has been talked about for longer than I can remember, but has yet to be realized. They actually have started clearing land at the Avalon park Entrance where the extension is supposed to start, so hopefully it will finally be built. They still need to widen alafaya from that point down to Curry Ford though...no signs of them starting that project yet though.

As far as Wedgefield, I don't see a reason to buy there above buying around Avalon if easy access to the waterford shopping is your priority. Prices around Avalon have dropped so much you can get homes for the same price or less than comparable homes in wedgefield.
I've never accessed wedgefield via the 528, so wouldn't know if they've added 528 access both ways yet (though if you were planning on just using it to go from WF to WL you wouldn't need it)

Old 04-20-2008, 09:13 PM

Default Thanks

Greg-

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I will be moving back to Orlando in the late summer. My son will be attending UCF and I am going to be looking for housing that is affordable, in a safe neighborhood, and a convenient commute to work (not sure yet where that will be).

The reason I was considering Wedgefield was because I saw some short sale homes I was interested in. Plus, I would be able to go in either direction for employment from Wedgefield (Cocoa or Orlando). However, I am not sure this is the best place for my son and the commute to college. Plus, if I do recall there was no grocery store in the Wedgefield area.

I am open to any suggestions for the best areas. I will keep you in mind and contact you for my real estate needs when the time approaches.

Thanks again-

Old 04-10-2009, 09:15 PM

2 posts, read 5,068 times
dont most people bring groceries home ????? well i would think so wedgefield is probably the best area to live in if you want an easy commute to rural city and beach areas but yet tuck yourself away from the noise and madness of a over developed community wedgefield is unincorporated and truly a gorgoeus place to live ....i have 5 acres there and cant wait to build my home my neighbors home is about 700k even in this market other homes going up are well over 5000 sq ft and guess what not a trailor in sight .......Wedgefield is gonna be the place that people regret not buying into you can ride your horses 4 wheelers spend the day fishing in the gorgeous park on dallas blvd drive 20 minutes east your in the beach drive 15 minutes south your in disney

Old 04-10-2009, 10:47 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,688,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaBoundGal View Post
There maybe a shorter way, but this is what I have:

1:
Start out going SOUTH on US-27/ US-301/ US-441/ SW PINE AVE/ FL-200/ FL-25 toward SW BROADWAY ST/ W BROADWAY ST.

2:
Turn RIGHT onto FL-200 S/ SW 10TH ST. Continue to follow FL-200 S.

3:
Merge onto I-75 S via the ramp on the LEFT toward TAMPA.

4:
Merge onto FLORIDA'S TURNPIKE S via EXIT 328 on the LEFT toward ORLANDO (Portions toll).

5:
Take the SR-408 TOLL E exit, EXIT 265, toward ORLANDO/ TITUSVILLE.

6:

Merge onto FL-408 E/ EAST-WEST EXPY (Portions toll).

7:
Take the ALAFAYA TR. exit, EXIT 21.

8:
Turn RIGHT onto N ALAFAYA TRL/ FL-434 S.

9:
Turn LEFT onto LAKE UNDERHILL RD. *This is the entrance to Waterford Lakes.

you can just take 27 > turnpike > 408 > alafaya exit.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:42 PM

910 posts, read 2,330,514 times
I'll believe when I see it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando