Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2011, 10:26 AM

4 posts, read 31,700 times

Advertisements

I am moving from Sarasota to Orlando, Lake Eola area by Church St, because family reasons.
Anyway.... I know nothing about Orlando living & life style... I am female 30 yrs young soul; very outgoing. I look fine/posh, but I am artsy and simple and I make friends VERY easy because I normally approach ppl and network naturally... LOL. Hahhah I will attend Valencia CC; for Summer B and probably for Fall, to finish my AA degree I started at SCF (I'll miss SCF) heheh!
But, I am unsure which campus I should attend. I'm very much into fine arts, art gallery and designing. So, I would like to be in a campus with ppl that has similar interest; also, good professors that care to help students to succeed. My plans are to hopefully finish building my art portfolio and transfer on Fall/Spring to an out-state art university, for industrial/product designing major.

I am flexible to drive to any campus, bc I will only have 2-3 classes left to finish but usually I enjoy staying on campus after class to study, work, or to participate in the school events.

So, what campus do you guys can suggest me PLEASE?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Last edited by flabdala13; 05-29-2011 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: Better tittle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 02:09 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,201,288 times
EAST. Trust me, I go to west and visit east. GO TO EAST.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:38 AM

1 posts, read 13,989 times
Valencia's East Campus is known for its arts programs: theater, film production, digital media, fine arts, dance, music performance, music production and graphics design. There's a 550-seat Performing Arts Center, Black Box Theater and arts gallery, all of which are used for day and evening events. In addition to Associate in Science arts programs, it has a strong general education curriculum for Associate in Arts majors who plan to go on for their bachelor's degree. It's the campus closest to the University of Central Florida and it's about 10-15 minutes from downtown Orlando. You can see a video tour of the campuses by going to Visit - Why Valencia - Future Students - Valencia Community College

Old 05-30-2011, 11:28 PM

4 posts, read 31,700 times
I am definitely going to East! Thank you very much guys!!!

Old 05-31-2011, 05:17 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,693 times
The one that offers the classes you need

Old 12-25-2011, 08:04 AM

6 posts, read 24,563 times
Agreed with the above.My son goes to the West campus because it offers the program that suited him best, even though the East campus area is much safer

Old 12-27-2011, 12:00 AM

19 posts, read 75,909 times
I agree- go to East Campus.WInter Park is nice as well but very small. I just moved here myself 3 weeks ago and will be starting on East campus in January! Good luck with your move and studies!

Old 12-28-2011, 11:47 AM

36 posts, read 90,132 times
Neither. Go to a real college instead.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:12 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,975 times
You might have to attend a class at a different campus depending on class loading etc...The travel distance between East and West is not so bad depending on the time of day..the West Campus is huge compared to the WP campus but that area can get a bit "rough" at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando