Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 04:41 AM

72 posts, read 52,643 times

Advertisements

My son is getting married next June. They've just started looking into venues. We're all trying to help them narrow down the list to ask for quotes and visit down the road. We're looking mainly into the Huntington Beach and Santa Ana areas. The budget is around $10k, and there will be no more than 50-60 guests. They would prefer to have both the ceremony and the reception outdoors. Meadowlark seems interesting, but it doesn't have to be a golf/country club. Any recommendations/first-hand experiences are much appreciated!
Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:46 AM

62 posts, read 46,123 times
Congratulations! My wife and I got married at Marriott Bayview, if Newport Beach is not completely out of the question since it's fairly near. We had a small, sort of casual reception with a buffet. Everyone loved it and we had no complaints. Should be within the budget you mentioned.

Old Yesterday, 07:25 AM

34 posts, read 15,345 times
My brother had his wedding at the Huntington Club, and it was beautiful. They offer, for example, the decor and the floral arrangements, and the bride was more than happy with the final result. The food was excellent! The entire process of looking for the venue was tricky; I remember they had an Excel file (and this is not even the first time I've heard people using it to keep track). Eventually, they found a website that helped a lot with the elimination process, and you can also look deeper into the venue's details (photos, complementary services it offers, catering, and different packages). For example, here are the wedding venues in Orange County, and now you can select the filters - the budget, number of guests, and more. From what I heard, the prices are up-to-date and give you an accurate idea of which venues fall under your budget while, at the same time, you can visually compare those that do. I hope you'll find it helpful. And, of course, congratulations!

Old Today, 07:34 AM

72 posts, read 52,643 times
Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions! Forwarding this to my son, I think it can help a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County