Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 12:31 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Sure, somewhat hotter in summer cooler in winter, but for me it was very monotonous. Made it feel like time wasn't passing or that time was passing for every place outside OC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinsofAnt View Post
Do you feel fulfilled living in OC? Everyday feels the same

Mood or mental health can be affected by weather ofc….BUT, usually it’s a lot of rain or snow that goes with depression or a down mood because ppl are stuck indoors. Lots of sunny days do the opposite because ppl can enjoy the outdoors…if they don’t have morning sickness or work.

Lots of sunshine increases the release of serotonin & that boosts mood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2023, 01:41 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Give me all the boring sunny days, but I have to admit the rain is also appreciated when it gives me views like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Do you feel fulfilled living in OC? Everyday feels the same-trabuco-canyon-spring-smaller.jpg  

Old 03-27-2023, 03:11 PM

7,477 posts, read 3,219,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Give me all the boring sunny days, but I have to admit the rain is also appreciated when it gives me views like this:

Not to be a debbie downer.... ...but, if you saw the movie "Only The Brave" about the Granite Mountain Hotshots they call that "fuel." Let us pray as we have a very wet winter followed by a switch to El Nino and hot and dry conditions this year (we will know by April).

Clear 50 feet in all directions around your house. Stay tuned into the youtube channels that follow the wildfires... Have a plan.

Old 03-27-2023, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Not to be a debbie downer.... ...but, if you saw the movie "Only The Brave" about the Granite Mountain Hotshots they call that "fuel." Let us pray as we have a very wet winter followed by a switch to El Nino and hot and dry conditions this year (we will know by April).

Clear 50 feet in all directions around your house. Stay tuned into the youtube channels that follow the wildfires... Have a plan.
As already stated in another thread...there is a fire season EVERY year and the amount of rain that did or didn't fall during the rainy season has very little to do with that. (California had pretty terrible fires during the drought, didn't it??)

We don't actually live in the canyon. And I've lived in my current location for 26 years and know what to do if a fire threatens. But thanks for your concern and advice!

Old 03-30-2023, 10:35 AM

1,203 posts, read 666,545 times
Quote:
Where's that. RSM?

I like the snow capped mountains.

Old 03-30-2023, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad debt View Post
Where's that. RSM?
Trabuco Canyon, so yeah, right behind RSM.

Old 03-30-2023, 11:43 AM

7,726 posts, read 3,778,838 times
Quote:
Coming from big cities and been studying abroad a few years, I finally settled down in OC for all the good reasons. I even lived with my aunt and uncle for several years back in 2010-2013. However, my life feels empty and unfulfilled now, feeling very very depressed. Not sure if it’s the city itself because I don’t find a lot of meaningful connections. I have a great job, a dog, and live alone. I feel like a retired munchkin.
Your mission in life is to accumulate enough savings and investments such that when you reach your golden years you are not a burden on society. Having a great job is the first step. Everything else is gravy.

Old 03-30-2023, 12:07 PM

1,203 posts, read 666,545 times
Quote:
Trabuco Canyon, so yeah, right behind RSM.
Cool. I've never been there, looks like some nice views. Can some of the houses see the ocean?

Old 03-30-2023, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad debt View Post
Cool. I've never been there, looks like some nice views. Can some of the houses see the ocean?
Hmm. I can sometimes see the ocean (Newport) from O'Neill Park, but it's pretty far away and there's not much to see, just a glint of light on the water. Not sure if any of the houses in the canyon are high enough and have enough of an unobstructed view for that.

Old 03-30-2023, 03:07 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Quote:
Coming from big cities and been studying abroad a few years, I finally settled down in OC for all the good reasons. I even lived with my aunt and uncle for several years back in 2010-2013. However, my life feels empty and unfulfilled now, feeling very very depressed. Not sure if it’s the city itself because I don’t find a lot of meaningful connections. I have a great job, a dog, and live alone. I feel like a retired munchkin.
Get a girlfriend. Try dating apps. Or get a mail order bride, start a family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County