Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2022, 01:01 AM

37 posts, read 28,717 times

Advertisements

NY area, JFK, or EWR...

I want a nonstop flight.

Thank you for the caregiver idea. That might work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2022, 07:30 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
Regarding airports - United flies SNA-EWR - I fly the route once, sometimes twice a month. Unfortunately, equipment it older 737, not idea for transcon. When I'm staying in LA or flying w/ my family (staying in LA), we fly EWR-LAX (787 or 757). Its a tradeoff - SNA is one of the best airports in the country, but service is limited. I've been flying in/out of LAX for years and don't hate it as much as everyone else, however its still a tradeoff for better schedule and planes.

Regarding OC - have you looked at yorba linda? I seem to remember larger ranch home properties there.

Old 04-03-2022, 01:40 AM

Thank you, yes, saw that United 737-800 "first"...I think the American Airlines flagship business at the same price of 1K might be better, but really prefer the single config in these covid times. It's three of us, so one has to be paired with a stranger which is risky.

Jet blue mint into LAX on the new neo is looking pretty good with a private car from there to Irvine.

Too bad there is no orient express train from NY to CA!

Re: Yorba...we are focused on Irvine at this point, but keeping an open mind. Thanks!

Old 04-06-2022, 06:00 PM

With all the new apartments in Irvine so expensive, I wonder if it makes more sense to pay half the price and go to Orlando.

Old 04-07-2022, 02:01 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeadventurer View Post
With all the new apartments in Irvine so expensive, I wonder if it makes more sense to pay half the price and go to Orlando.
No. The weather in Orlando sucks. If you can live where ever you want, look at CA's Central Coast.

Old 04-08-2022, 05:03 AM

I'm not sure there would be enough opportunity for the entertainment we seek such as shopping, museums, performing arts, attractions, employment opportunities for our son to build a future. A little too remote? We have been to monterey, carmel, sfo, sac, tahoe, san jose, gilroy...never san luis, pismo, morro...if that is what you are suggesting...seems like not enough to do but not sure.

Old 04-08-2022, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure there would be enough opportunity for the entertainment we seek such as shopping, museums, performing arts, attractions, employment opportunities for our son to build a future. A little too remote? We have been to monterey, carmel, sfo, sac, tahoe, san jose, gilroy...never san luis, pismo, morro...if that is what you are suggesting...seems like not enough to do but not sure.
Yes, SLO and that area. Because of the university you have performing arts, and while museums are nice, how often do you go to them? I have been to museums in LA, OC and San Diego maybe a total of 20 times in the last 10 years (not counting the USS Midway, which I visit a lot) and even then it is for special events or exhibits. The trade off in lifestyle and cost of living might not be worth it. LA is only 3 hours south and Santa Barbara, with its museums, shopping and performing arts, 90 minutes.

You can also look at Ventura and Santa Clarita for more affordability, and the Inland Empire too. Heck I'd also be looking at Nashville, Raleigh Durham and Atlanta long before I'd accept the horrid humidity of Orlando. I'd even take Salt Lake City's weather over Orlando.

Old 04-10-2022, 01:45 AM

Thank you. I'll look into SLO. I worry about fires although Cal Arts is near Santa Clarita and my son is an artist as well as has acting dreams. Could be an option but my dream is to be by the ocean.

I don't want to go to California and be next to a highway in the valley of heat and fire and a brown landscape. (I mean California Gold). !

The sea is calling ...

Old 04-11-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Thank you. I'll look into SLO. I worry about fires although Cal Arts is near Santa Clarita and my son is an artist as well as has acting dreams. Could be an option but my dream is to be by the ocean.

I don't want to go to California and be next to a highway in the valley of heat and fire and a brown landscape. (I mean California Gold). !

The sea is calling ...
If you want to live by the ocean, unless you want to spend $5 million+ you have to live north of Santa Barbara pretty much. Even a fixer upper near the beach in Oxnard is $2.5 million +. A home on the beach in Oxnard (Mandalay Beach) just sold at $7.1 million and there are three on the market at $5 million+

Old 04-13-2022, 02:36 AM

We are renting. Time will tell. Thank you for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County