Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 03:14 PM

112 posts, read 130,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Try the apartment communities in Irvine along the Jamboree / Alton or Jamboree / Main St. corridor. Rents about where you want, near the Diamond Jamboree shopping center with a lot of restaurants and an "H" Market, and there are a pair of Jewish Temple/schools along Michelson, one at the intersection with Culver, and one at the intersection with Harvard.

Hope this helps.

Addresses to some of those include: Cosmopolitan Apartmentss at 1200 Sullivan, 2501 Alton, 17200 Millikan, 16899 Jamboree, etc. Seriously, google maps the area and you will find nearly a dozen high end apartment complexes and a couple middle-end ones (The Sofi at 2750 Kelvin and some others on Kelvin). The Metropolitan on Kelvin is high end. The nicest, IMHO, is the Cosmopolitan.

There is also the Spectrum apartments and Los Olivos apartments, both off of Irvine Center Dr. They are close to a large strip mall with a Whole Foods, and of course the outdoor Spectrum Mall with Nordtrom's, etc. It is right off the 405 Fwy, on the south end of Irvine.

You can also try The Arts (3400 Avenue of the Arts) right next to OC Performing Arts center in Costa Mesa. It is walkable to a small, low-end shopping mall called South Coast Plaza, lol.

That was the EXACT location I was envisioning when OP mentioned walkable. Great suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2020, 03:19 PM

112 posts, read 130,274 times
OC is nothing like DC, but at least you are aware of that! I am a SoCal native currently living in SoMD and we are moving back to CA this summer (Ventura County). I've lived in the OC and you really do want to live close to work to avoid the traffic nightmare that can be the OC freeways during rush hour. The weather there is great all year IMO. I can't stand the weather in Maryland, way too crazy. I like consistency and no snow LOL.

Old town Orange is super cute and there are plenty of apartments near there - whether you want older or newer.

Old 02-05-2020, 08:20 AM

585 posts, read 634,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanadoodle View Post
OC is nothing like DC, but at least you are aware of that! I am a SoCal native currently living in SoMD and we are moving back to CA this summer (Ventura County). I've lived in the OC and you really do want to live close to work to avoid the traffic nightmare that can be the OC freeways during rush hour. The weather there is great all year IMO. I can't stand the weather in Maryland, way too crazy. I like consistency and no snow LOL.

Old town Orange is super cute and there are plenty of apartments near there - whether you want older or newer.
Yes, but Old Town Orange is full of students living there as Chapman University is slowly and consistently buying up all the parcels. Someday they will enclose that campus.

Old 02-06-2020, 10:52 AM

43,646 posts, read 44,368,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgolds89 View Post
Hi all!

We're Jewish, so it would be nice to live close to a local Jewish community with people around our age.
I know there is a Jewish community in Mission Viejo (as there is a Chabad House there) as well as in Irvine.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:57 AM

585 posts, read 634,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I know there is a Jewish community in Mission Viejo (as there is a Chabad House there) as well as in Irvine.
And Newport, by the back bay between Jamboree and MacArthur

Old 02-17-2020, 12:19 AM

5,587 posts, read 8,401,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I work in the stadium area, and live near PCH and Warner, near the beach in Huntington Beach.
We back up to the bolsa chica wetlands nature preserve, and are less than a mile from the beach, we see the ocean every morning when walking our dogs.

We live in a nice area, with a low crime rate (although there are a lot of 40-50 year olds suffering from severe cases of arrested development)

My commute in the morning is about 25-30 minutes, evening commute is about 45 minutes.

just food for thought....
Just as an aside, I lived in Huntington Beach for two glorious years 20 years ago. I'm still friends with my former neighbor, who now lives in a development that backs up to Bolsa Chica preserve. The sunsets are absolutely fabulous. You're very lucky!

Old 02-17-2020, 05:36 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,004,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Just as an aside, I lived in Huntington Beach for two glorious years 20 years ago. I'm still friends with my former neighbor, who now lives in a development that backs up to Bolsa Chica preserve. The sunsets are absolutely fabulous. You're very lucky!
Thats my neighborhood, and while we live in a Condo, we are less than 3/4 mile to the beach, and just a short walk to the harbor and Bolsa Chica Reserve.

The most important thing about living and working in Orange County is to be close to the things you like to do and to where you work. A 15 mile drive can easily take over an hour during the evening rush.

Old 02-26-2020, 06:54 PM

53 posts, read 32,493 times
Fullerton and Brea are my recommendations! Exactly what you’ve listed needing.

Old 06-06-2020, 09:12 PM

12,825 posts, read 9,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Try the apartment communities in Irvine along the Jamboree / Alton or Jamboree / Main St. corridor. Rents about where you want, near the Diamond Jamboree shopping center with a lot of restaurants and an "H" Market, and there are a pair of Jewish Temple/schools along Michelson, one at the intersection with Culver, and one at the intersection with Harvard.

Hope this helps.

Addresses to some of those include: Cosmopolitan Apartmentss at 1200 Sullivan, 2501 Alton, 17200 Millikan, 16899 Jamboree, etc. Seriously, google maps the area and you will find nearly a dozen high end apartment complexes and a couple middle-end ones (The Sofi at 2750 Kelvin and some others on Kelvin). The Metropolitan on Kelvin is high end. The nicest, IMHO, is the Cosmopolitan.

There is also the Spectrum apartments and Los Olivos apartments, both off of Irvine Center Dr. They are close to a large strip mall with a Whole Foods, and of course the outdoor Spectrum Mall with Nordtrom's, etc. It is right off the 405 Fwy, on the south end of Irvine.

You can also try The Arts (3400 Avenue of the Arts) right next to OC Performing Arts center in Costa Mesa. It is walkable to a small, low-end shopping mall called South Coast Plaza, lol.
Does the Irvine apartment company own all the apts? Seems like a monopoly.

Old 06-07-2020, 10:28 AM

2,209 posts, read 1,781,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Does the Irvine apartment company own all the apts? Seems like a monopoly.
They owned most of the land at one time and still do own a lot of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County