Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2006, 07:59 AM

8 posts, read 9,596 times

Advertisements

Hi. I haven't lived in Shawnee since 79, but I graduated High School there and lived on Louisa Street about 2 blocks from downtown. Used to listen to the train all the time rumble by. Tried out for the football team (Wolves) but a guy named Eugene McClaine used to scare me. He was so big. I was big time into music. Bariton/Tenor in HS and OBU. Went into the Navy for 21 years and here I am on the East Coast. My heart is always with home and Shawnee was that home. Hope to hear from people of the town and the class of "74.

Ron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2006, 10:10 AM
ABX

1 posts, read 2,565 times
Smile Shawnee...born there!

Hi...just a quick note to tell you that I was born in Shawnee and have relatives there still. You may be aquainted with my cousins, Mark, Mike and Debbie Hair. My parents were born and raised there. Mom's family was Miles. Lived on Pottenger street. I am closer to your age, but grew up in Del City, now residing in Alaska.
Good luck in your search!
ABX

Old 04-03-2006, 07:06 AM

Default Don't recognize those names

Sorry, but I left Shawnee in 74 when I went into the Navy and returned for only almost a year between 78 and 79 when I went to College at OBU. Then went BACK INTO the Navy and finished my 20 year career. Unless I am looking at the yearbook, I don't remember alot of the names of those with whom I went to school. I'm getting old.

Old 04-19-2006, 02:39 PM

2 posts, read 6,726 times
Hey Ron,
I'm a longtime Pott county resident ('72-present, minus active duty military time). I've worked in Shawnee for 21 years, at (Exxon)Mobil. There's a lot of changes around here lately. I-40 & Kickapoo is the "center" of shawnee now. Downtown is all but dead.
ABX,
I knew a Mike Hair, in the Army Reserve for a long time. They finally shut down the reserve unit here. The national guard guys are in Mississippi on their way to Afghanistan.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:38 PM

Default Changes in Shawnee

Wow,

Things HAVE changed, haven't they? Town Center is I 40 and Kickapoo? Wow... that's something. But it has been 27 years since I lived there last. Something's gotta change! Thanks for your service to our country.

ABX: Did you get what he said about MIKE HAIR?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma