Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2008, 06:28 AM

6 posts, read 29,274 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm from Switzerland and I'm going to go to Oklahoma next year

I have just a question : With 15 years old, can we drive a motorcycle in Oklahoma ?

Thanks all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 06:51 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdouardZ View Post
Hello, I'm from Switzerland and I'm going to go to Oklahoma next year

I have just a question : With 15 years old, can we drive a motorcycle in Oklahoma ?

Thanks all
I really don't know. I think you can but am not sure. Try googling "motorcycle laws in Oklahoma."

Good luck!

Old 11-01-2008, 06:39 AM

10 posts, read 47,539 times
No, Here are the driving age requirements.

http://www.dps.state.ok.us/dls/gdl.htm

Last edited by jlb27537; 11-01-2008 at 06:48 AM..

Old 11-03-2008, 01:52 PM

21 posts, read 105,451 times
You CAN operate a motorcycle at age 15 in Oklahoma. But it appears that this is a learners permit and requires you to be accompanied by an adult. Read the attached to be sure....
Here is the link. Page 1-4

http://www.dps.state.ok.us/dls/pub/ODM.pdf

Old 11-05-2008, 11:57 PM

49 posts, read 173,445 times
TYPE MINIMUM TYPE OF VEHICLE AND REQUIREMENTS
Motorcycle 16 Added to Class A, B, C, or D license.
Endorsement
Requirements: You must first have a valid Oklahoma Driver License, then pass the
Motorcycle Endorsement Test.
Motorcycle 16 Study the Motorcycle License Manual in addition to
License this manual.
Requirements: You must meet the vision, written, and skills test requirements. On the
driving test, you must prove your ability to operate a cycle safely.
Motorcycle 14 Restricted to a motor scooter or motorcycle with a pis-
License Permit ton displacement of no more than 250 cc. (cubic centimeters).
You may ride only between 4:30 a.m. and
9:00 p.m. You cannot carry a passenger. If your motorcycle is less than 150cc, there
is an additional restriction that you may not exceed 35 mph. If your motorcycle is over
150cc but not larger than 250cc, you may drive the posted speed limit with the exception
you may not drive on a highway with a posted minimum speed limit such as an interstate
or turnpike. These restrictions are automatically lifted at age 16. However, a helmet is
required for anyone under 18 years of age. (Also see the Motorcycle License Manual.)
Requirements: You must be receiving instruction from a parent, legal guardian or any
person 21 or older who has a valid Oklahoma Driver License with a motorcycle endorsement
added and who has visual contact with the operator. You must meet the requirements
1-4
TABLE 1—TYPES OF LICENSES
You must show proper identification each time you apply for a test, retest,
replacement license, or ID card.
TYPE MINIMUM TYPE OF VEHICLE AND REQUIREMENTS
Class A, B, or C 18 Single or combination vehicle with a Gross Vehicle
Commercial Weight Rating (GVWR) of 26,001 lbs. or more (does
License not include farm vehicles); a vehicle transporting
hazardous materials in amounts requiring a placard;
or a vehicle designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver.
REQUIREMENTS: If you will be driving any one of these vehicles, you must study
the Commercial Driver Manual to prepare for the driving test.
for a regular driver license. You may take the driving test 30 days after the permit is
issued. If you pass, the learner restriction will be removed.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:06 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.dmv.org/ok-oklahoma/motorcycle-license.php
Motorcycle Learner's Permit

If you are under the age of 16, you may apply for a motorcycle learner's permit. Until you turn 16, you are not allowed to carry a passenger. This permit has numerous other restrictions::

* Motorcycle or scooter must be no larger than a 250cc piston displacement.

* You may ride only between 4:30 a.m. and 9 p.m.

* If your motorcycle piston displacement is smaller than 125cc, your speed may not exceed 35 mph.

* If your motorcycle piston displacement is larger that 125cc but smaller than 250cc, you may drive the posted speed limit; however, you may not ride on an interstate highway or turnpike.

These restrictions will automatically lift when you become 16 years of age; however, while you are still under 18 years of age, you must wear a helmet.
Are you going on a student exchange program ?
According to that website you can ride a bike under 250cc if under 16. At least that is my reading of it.
But if it is like NM you will ahve to be a resident for 3 months before applying for your OK license. Do you have one from your home country. You would probably be able to drive under that if only staying for a short period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma