Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 09:32 AM

24,769 posts, read 11,091,125 times

Advertisements

Eddie - I make my own pizza
Where but in OK have you seen a four cent price increase on pizza?
Where but in Oklahoma does the police knock on your door when you report a missing package?
Where but in Oklahoma can you strike a conversation about concealed holsters while in line at WalMart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 11:39 AM

27,389 posts, read 27,435,383 times
. I wouldn’t fret too much about 4c for a pizza, my bigger concern would be how good the pizzas are.

Old 02-25-2022, 01:10 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,570,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Very little, mostly because we don't have a Little Caesar's or a Marco's here.
Same here in Hooterville. We have a new pizza place called Eagle One oh, and it's a lot better than Pizza Hut.

Old 03-02-2022, 09:25 AM

30,271 posts, read 11,901,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by country pride View Post
. I wouldn’t fret too much about 4c for a pizza, my bigger concern would be how good the pizzas are.

Little Caesars is fine if the purpose is feeding a lot of people for the least amount possible. I don't know how they sell them so cheap and probably don't want to know. I like Empire Slice in OKC and NY Pizza in Tulsa. I ate at the Hideaway in Stillwater once. That was good. The big chains make poor quality pizza in my opinion and that is not only in Oklahoma.

Old 03-02-2022, 10:51 AM

17,855 posts, read 13,780,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Little Caesars is fine if the purpose is feeding a lot of people for the least amount possible. I don't know how they sell them so cheap and probably don't want to know. I like Empire Slice in OKC and NY Pizza in Tulsa. I ate at the Hideaway in Stillwater once. That was good. The big chains make poor quality pizza in my opinion and that is not only in Oklahoma.
Hideaway in Stillwater back when it was not a chain was incredible. It's a shell of it's former self but still better than other chain Pizza.

I used to like to get those square Pizzas from Caesers but from what I hear they quit making them.

Old 03-02-2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Hideaway in Stillwater back when it was not a chain was incredible. It's a shell of it's former self but still better than other chain Pizza.

I used to like to get those square Pizzas from Caesers but from what I hear they quit making them.
When I was with my ex and her kids Caesars was a good option. The kids wanted pizza and really did not care what brand. I cared about price. Perfect combo. The square was not bad. They used to have a square lunch deal with a drink. I did not know Hideaway was a chain. I never heard of Mazzio's until I got to Oklahoma. They have one in my town. Did their buffet once but they seem to do odd toppings that no one wants. They do a pepperoni or something like that its gone a in second. Seems like every chain pizza has odd tasting dough. Not much better than frozen.

But every time I go to Tulsa I have to stop at NY pizza. This guy from NY owns it. He has these pepperoni roll up things that are incredible and his pizza is great also.

Old 03-02-2022, 03:37 PM

17,855 posts, read 13,780,422 times
Quote:
When I was with my ex and her kids Caesars was a good option. The kids wanted pizza and really did not care what brand. I cared about price. Perfect combo. The square was not bad. They used to have a square lunch deal with a drink. I did not know Hideaway was a chain. I never heard of Mazzio's until I got to Oklahoma. They have one in my town. Did their buffet once but they seem to do odd toppings that no one wants. They do a pepperoni or something like that its gone a in second. Seems like every chain pizza has odd tasting dough. Not much better than frozen.

But every time I go to Tulsa I have to stop at NY pizza. This guy from NY owns it. He has these pepperoni roll up things that are incredible and his pizza is great also.
For years Stillwater's Hideaway was the absolute bomb as the kids like to say. Place was always packed. It originally was in a building that was kind of in an alley (thus the name Hideaway).

Mazzio's is an Oklahoma company that started out as Ken's pizza. Ken's was around until the mid '80s and they turned them into Mazzio's. Mazzio's still serves a pizza with the old Ken's recipe. I don't know if you would like it but I like it for nostalgic reasons. So that's pretty much all I get from them.

Pizza Inn used to have a pretty big presence in Oklahoma. I always like their pizza but it's hard to find one anymore.

Old 03-02-2022, 08:04 PM

Quote:
For years Stillwater's Hideaway was the absolute bomb as the kids like to say. Place was always packed. It originally was in a building that was kind of in an alley (thus the name Hideaway).

Mazzio's is an Oklahoma company that started out as Ken's pizza. Ken's was around until the mid '80s and they turned them into Mazzio's. Mazzio's still serves a pizza with the old Ken's recipe. I don't know if you would like it but I like it for nostalgic reasons. So that's pretty much all I get from them.

Pizza Inn used to have a pretty big presence in Oklahoma. I always like their pizza but it's hard to find one anymore.
Mazzios is not bad. I remember now ordering it for my mom and myself one time. Pizza is a very rare treat for myself. Only NY Pizza in Tulsa since I only go there once a year or so do I always stop at.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:16 PM

Can we get a 20 or even 30 degree temperature change in 2 days. Today in the 70s here in Tulsa, next couple days we’ll be looking at 50s. Funny.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Empire Slice? Hmm, I’ll have to look them up,we live in Tulsa…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma