Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2021, 09:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,168 times

Advertisements

I received a letter taped to my door that said I was in violation of my lease. When I called the management company I told them “what I have done nothing wrong”; they said we understand sir but there are claims after your inspection and the owner wants to sell the home.

My question is this “after” I state what the claims are:
They said the backyard was messy, they said the furnace filters weren’t regularly changed, and they said I left pinholes on the mantle (for stockings hung at Christmas) which then
Violates the lease agreement.
In my defense, we had a storm and the wind and rain blew some boxes housed in the owners shed around the yard. The shed door was blown off and effects blew around the yard which with the heavy rain we weren’t able to collect them in time; a few items but this it looked neglected especially seeing a door from a shed in the middle of the backyard lawn was not picked up and they photographed that even though I told the inspector it was the wind storm we just had. We did replace furnace filters but the intake vent has a lot of dust on the outside exterior grill. They said that was a health hazard as a claim. There was two tiny penny nails in the fireplace mantle which hung a string to hold our stockings for us and the kids. I was told pinholes in the mantle were considered wood damage.

They said they are sending us a letter which will advise eviction. When I spoke to the management company they refused or were unable to connect the management company account person to me but a text message came after I spoke to reception saying “we state you violated your lease and you must go month to month.
Also your home owner wants to sell the house and does not want to renew your lease come September 30th”.

First off we’re we’re always on time and never late in fact often we paid the rent early.

I have enough funds to pay the rent three months in advance at this time Before they institute a jacked up monthly payment for month to month.
Should I do that (pay several months rent FAST) before they jack up the rent by a thousand more per month via the month to month rule?

If I pay ahead a few months; (I have a job relo anyhow and was planning to leave when lease expires in four months) so would I risk losing any of it or can they say “no as of now you owe us more given we placed you on month to month regardless that you paid ahead before we sent you the notice”.

There are several things they have not fixed and I requested service three times on one particular one while each time they send someone not competent to do the repair.
Please advise should this goto an attorney? I am in position to afford one.
Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 07:49 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,952,353 times
Your landlord wants you out so the house can be sold. The pin holes in the mantle and dusty vent are just the excuses he/she is using. Put your energy into finding another place to live rather than fighting to stay where you are not wanted.

Old 06-07-2021, 03:45 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,592,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake153624 View Post
I received a letter taped to my door that said I was in violation of my lease. When I called the management company I told them “what I have done nothing wrong”; they said we understand sir but there are claims after your inspection and the owner wants to sell the home.

My question is this “after” I state what the claims are:
They said the backyard was messy, they said the furnace filters weren’t regularly changed, and they said I left pinholes on the mantle (for stockings hung at Christmas) which then
Violates the lease agreement.
In my defense, we had a storm and the wind and rain blew some boxes housed in the owners shed around the yard. The shed door was blown off and effects blew around the yard which with the heavy rain we weren’t able to collect them in time; a few items but this it looked neglected especially seeing a door from a shed in the middle of the backyard lawn was not picked up and they photographed that even though I told the inspector it was the wind storm we just had. We did replace furnace filters but the intake vent has a lot of dust on the outside exterior grill. They said that was a health hazard as a claim. There was two tiny penny nails in the fireplace mantle which hung a string to hold our stockings for us and the kids. I was told pinholes in the mantle were considered wood damage.

They said they are sending us a letter which will advise eviction. When I spoke to the management company they refused or were unable to connect the management company account person to me but a text message came after I spoke to reception saying “we state you violated your lease and you must go month to month.
Also your home owner wants to sell the house and does not want to renew your lease come September 30th”.

First off we’re we’re always on time and never late in fact often we paid the rent early.

I have enough funds to pay the rent three months in advance at this time Before they institute a jacked up monthly payment for month to month.
Should I do that (pay several months rent FAST) before they jack up the rent by a thousand more per month via the month to month rule?

If I pay ahead a few months; (I have a job relo anyhow and was planning to leave when lease expires in four months) so would I risk losing any of it or can they say “no as of now you owe us more given we placed you on month to month regardless that you paid ahead before we sent you the notice”.

There are several things they have not fixed and I requested service three times on one particular one while each time they send someone not competent to do the repair.
Please advise should this goto an attorney? I am in position to afford one.
Thx
Landlord has one winning postion , they are selling theirs house....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma