Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 05:57 AM

24,597 posts, read 10,909,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Christianity is big in Oklahoma even more so in the rural areas so i think you will be able to find like-minded people in small town Oklahoma.
And what do you base this on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2021, 04:50 PM

4,385 posts, read 4,394,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Most of northeastern Oklahoma is the Tulsa metro area.
laughable post you need to get out more

Old 02-04-2021, 05:34 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,392,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
And what do you base this on?
I have just always thought and heard of Oklahoma being in the Bible Belt and and a lotta small towns tend to be more religious than big cities in my experience.I have also spent a lot of time in small town Oklahoma

Last edited by C24L; 02-04-2021 at 05:45 PM..

Old 02-04-2021, 06:06 PM

24,597 posts, read 10,909,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
I have just always thought and heard of Oklahoma being in the Bible Belt and and a lotta small towns tend to be more religious than big cities in my experience.I have also spent a lot of time in small town Oklahoma
After over five years on OK small town with a view of two huge churches and one smaller on from the back porch - still waiting for someone to knock on the door. Looking at your other posts ...

Old 02-05-2021, 08:26 AM

17,809 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
After over five years on OK small town with a view of two huge churches and one smaller on from the back porch - still waiting for someone to knock on the door. Looking at your other posts ...
From my understanding you live in Mustang.

My favorite joke about small town rural Oklahoma goes something like this.

Threestep2 moves from Mustang to small town Oklahoma and lives there for 70 years. Threestep2's name comes up among the local boys who have lived there all their lives down at the coffee shop...

One of them says..."Oh, Threestep2...she's the lady who moved here from Mustang".

Old 02-05-2021, 02:08 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,226,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
laughable post you need to get out more
You mean get out more from my house in a Tulsa suburb so that I can have someone from Tennessee explain to me what the area where I live is like? Or did you not know that Jenks is a major Tulsa suburb?

This board is so stupid sometimes.

The OP said he was wanted to live "off grid living type of home outside a small town away from any big cities"

Counties in the Tulsa MSA: Tulsa, Osage, Rogers, Wagoner, Creek, Okmulgee and Pawnee. Tulsa's CSA adds Washington and Muskogee counties, which are each dominated by largish towns.

Counties not in the greater Tulsa area in northeastern Oklahoma but part of other metros: Ottawa (Joplin metro area), Sequoyah (Ft Smith Metro)

Truly rural counties in Northeastern Oklahoma away from cities: Mayes, Nowata, Craig, Cherokee, Delaware, Adair, Macintosh.

And the OP should toss out Cherokee because it's dominated by Tahlequah which is a college town and the Cherokee capital. With the growth of Google and other companies in Pryor I wouldn't be surprised to see Mayes county added to the Tulsa metro soon, it's pretty close to Claremore and Owasso and lots of people commute back and forth.

But I wouldn't know anything about any of that. You know, knowing people that live in all those places and having lived here more than 30 years.

Old 02-05-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
You mean get out more from my house in a Tulsa suburb so that I can have someone from Tennessee explain to me what the area where I live is like? Or did you not know that Jenks is a major Tulsa suburb?

This board is so stupid sometimes.

The OP said he was wanted to live "off grid living type of home outside a small town away from any big cities"

Counties in the Tulsa MSA: Tulsa, Osage, Rogers, Wagoner, Creek, Okmulgee and Pawnee. Tulsa's CSA adds Washington and Muskogee counties, which are each dominated by largish towns.

Counties not in the greater Tulsa area in northeastern Oklahoma but part of other metros: Ottawa (Joplin metro area), Sequoyah (Ft Smith Metro)

Truly rural counties in Northeastern Oklahoma away from cities: Mayes, Nowata, Craig, Cherokee, Delaware, Adair, Macintosh.

And the OP should toss out Cherokee because it's dominated by Tahlequah which is a college town and the Cherokee capital. With the growth of Google and other companies in Pryor I wouldn't be surprised to see Mayes county added to the Tulsa metro soon, it's pretty close to Claremore and Owasso and lots of people commute back and forth.

But I wouldn't know anything about any of that. You know, knowing people that live in all those places and having lived here more than 30 years.
I'd think to really go "off the grid" in NE Oklahoma to any great degree you are looking at Adair county. Maybe that ranchland area between Bartlesville and Vinita. But if you aren't in the Tulsa area up there you are getting close to the NW Arkansas metro area. I suppose there are some off the beaten path areas in Osage Co still.

There are probably some other isolated spots but they aren't terribly remote.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:57 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,451,235 times
Quote:
Most of northeastern Oklahoma is the Tulsa metro area.
I suppose it depends on ones definition of "metro area". If you were to go by this map that is indeed a pretty good chunk of NE OK, although there's still plenty of space left between the Tulsa metro and NW Arkansas. As someone who's driven through there more times than I can count I must say I never imagined the Tulsa metro was as big as this map portrays.
Would Oklahoma Fit Us?-250px-tulsa_metropolitan_area_and_tulsa-bartlesville_csa.png

Old 02-10-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I suppose it depends on ones definition of "metro area". If you were to go by this map that is indeed a pretty good chunk of NE OK, although there's still plenty of space left between the Tulsa metro and NW Arkansas. As someone who's driven through there more times than I can count I must say I never imagined the Tulsa metro was as big as this map portrays.
Attachment 227352
Much of those counties to the east of the Tulsa metro are within 30-60 miles of Fayetteville and the Fayetteville MSA covers all the way to the Oklahoma border. That is kind of a weird area because it seems remote but it really isn't far from same decent sized areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma