Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2020, 10:56 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,659,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by memph View Post
By the way it looks like a lot of the negative test results from Oklahoma weren't being reported, so the % of positive cases isn't so bad. It's more like 10-15%.

The percentage of cases that are being hospitalized or that have ended in death is still very high though, which makes me suspect that a lot of mild cases aren't being detected.
Yeah, I wonder if what I had in Feb. was COVID-19. I woke up at 3 am in the morning coughing so much I had to get out of bed and drive to Wal-Mart to buy cough medicine. It got me back to sleep. In the day time, I coughed so much it made my coughing muscles sore. Since I didn't seem to have high fever and throat wasn't sore, I didn't go to the doctor for it, but ended up wishing I did, since I had puss dripping down the back of my throat for the final days of it. I'm over it now. Anyway, I hope it was COVID-19, in order to have antibodies against it now. But I know it could have only been an upper respiratory bacterial infection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 12:51 PM

17,815 posts, read 13,719,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Cowboy Bill Watts and Championship Wrestling went out on WKY-4 OKC many decades ago. I suspect more Oklahomans more fondly remember Danny Hodge, who is still alive. I hope he his practicing social distancing.
Bill Watts was a part of pro wrestling for many years as a manager and administrator and announcer in WWE and all those things. He is pretty famous among these wrestling fanatics.

I don't ever watch anymore but as a kid I loved those old wrestling shows from the Stockyards Coliseum that were on WKY-4.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:03 PM

7 posts, read 8,302 times
So the % for hospilizations is a strange catagory as every hospital admittance requirements vary. All other states hospitals may not admit until patients are really sick due to reasons like supplies or rooms available so Oklahoma being number 2 in this catagory dosen't mean much.
I thought the % of deaths vs number of cases was high & that part is a little scarier.
Also, are people just getting tests if they sneeze in other states? The number being tested is indictictive of the amount of people that go for testing. Is our testing rate low because people aren't requesting tests because they aren't sick or is it low because we don't have enough test?
That is the most important question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma