Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:59 PM

17 posts, read 83,930 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering, with all the lakes, if there are any houseboat communities around.

I mean where people actually live on them all year.

I don't mean those things that can be driven all over. What I am familiar with are actual homes on floating material.

I made an offer on one in MArin County 300 years ago but the owner didn't like it. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 07:27 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,787,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyBelle View Post
I'm wondering, with all the lakes, if there are any houseboat communities around.

I mean where people actually live on them all year.

I don't mean those things that can be driven all over. What I am familiar with are actual homes on floating material.

I made an offer on one in MArin County 300 years ago but the owner didn't like it. :-)
300 years ago??

Old 02-27-2008, 07:26 AM

702 posts, read 2,516,517 times
No houseboat communities that I'm aware of. The biggest yachts and houseboats are on Grand Lake and Texoma. Many of the big yachts and houseboats on Grand people stay on for extended periods of time, but I doubt if they live on them year round. Most come up for a long weekend and stay in their yacht, that's about it. It gets very expensive, the slips these yachts rent at these marinas and yacht clubs go from $600 - $1000 a month!

Old 02-27-2008, 07:36 AM

3 posts, read 26,296 times
Colleen's funny, haha. Hey, what about somewhere on Eufaula? That's a pretty huge place...

Old 02-27-2008, 09:26 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
There was a nice houseboat community at Lake Murray near Ardmore, but I don't think many people stayed there all winter.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:36 PM

17 posts, read 83,930 times
Hey Peggy--

Can you say any more about that place near Ardmore. Further away from yachts the better! I just don't have the clothes.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:33 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
I used to go over to the Lake Murray marina quite a bit, about 10 years ago. There were quite a few houseboats there, but no really larger boats and no yachts! They had a houseboats for sale section I used to look at and dream of a life on a houseboat there. There was a little store nearby with giant carp swimming around. They would sell you a bag of old popcorn for 10 cents to feed them. My daughter and I liked to swim at Teepee beach nearby. The fishing was good by the marina because the houseboat people would feed the fish (bass & catfish) for fun.

Lake Murray is a clear lake, and all the land around the lake is park land, so no one can live in a house on the lake.

Here is a link that shows something about Lake Murray, but I couldn't find any pics of the marina.

Lake Murray State Park & Lodge - Oklahoma Parks, Resorts & Golf

Old 02-23-2009, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 18,607 times
There is a marina on Lk Eufaula - OK, right here in town. (Eufaula Cove Marina)There are about 500 slips - and alot of people come and stay 4-5 days every week. There are about 10 couples who do LIVE on their houseboats year around - us being one of them. Slip rental is 5.00 - 6.00 per ft per month , plus electricity. The slips are covered, and we all have little patios on our docks, There is a very active, friendly community, with a great dock life. Come on down and see us!

Old 02-25-2009, 07:40 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogmom99 View Post
There is a marina on Lk Eufaula - OK, right here in town. (Eufaula Cove Marina)There are about 500 slips - and alot of people come and stay 4-5 days every week. There are about 10 couples who do LIVE on their houseboats year around - us being one of them. Slip rental is 5.00 - 6.00 per ft per month , plus electricity. The slips are covered, and we all have little patios on our docks, There is a very active, friendly community, with a great dock life. Come on down and see us!
That sounds like quite an interesting life, in a good way!

Old 03-01-2009, 03:54 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,235,972 times
Grand Lake o' the Cherokees in Afton OK has nice houseboats that they rent by the week. They are part of a timeshare club but the owners often rent them out . Would be a nice way to see how the lifestyle suited you.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma