Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2006, 07:28 PM

2 posts, read 11,164 times

Advertisements

Recently my husband purchased property & currently our house under construction on Lake Eufaula. It's a nice 3 acre with panoramic view of the lake - breathtaking. Lord willing and creeks don't rise, we'll be moving (with our little daughter)really soon from the Hudson Valley in New York. My concern is that I might be too bored there. Doesn't seem to be a lot happening. Is it a town for retired people? I'm afraid that it's not a town for raising children. Is my child going to be bored to death and run away to a big city at 10? I was out there last year for about two weeks and it was so boring. Also for any kind of entertainment (if any) and shopping, we had to travel all the way to either Muskogee (1 hr or so) or Tulsa ( 2 hrs approx) just to get some decent food or get to a Walmart. For Target, Kohl's, Marshall's or any fine department store ya gotta go all the way to Tulsa. I have all of this just minutes away. I don't know, but I'm so used to having a lot to do and see, and don't talk about shopping - the biggest Designer Outlet Mall in the world is just 20 minutes away - that's Woodbury Common. NYC is 1 1/2 hrs away for more shopping, arts, entertainment, fine dining, culture, you name it, we've got it. In my own backyard is one of, if not, the most beautiful valley in the nation - the Hudson Valley. Anyway, I'm disappointed that this area in Crawford County will not be able to accommodate my interests. I don't want to move there. Anyone has any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2007, 04:51 PM

14 posts, read 51,345 times
HI i Was wondering if you are talking about Stigler Ok in Haskell county?? If you were at Lake Eufala you probaby went to McAlister too? Stigler is a small city but the schools are good and if your kids get into sports,FHA or FCCLA they will find enough to keep them busy.However you sound like you might end up bored to tears there. The fine arts havent quite found there way to Stigler yet LOL you will have to travel a lot to get the entertainment that it sounds like you are used too.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I do hope that you give it a try anyway since it sounds like a done deal (((HUGS))) Mel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma