Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 11:58 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,997,619 times

Advertisements

Out of all the tornadoes I've seen, I've never seen a tractor flying around. There is not enough "s**t" coming out of the milk cow.........Obviously photoshopped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmbqZd9Lxgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIB1nQGZVx8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 12:02 PM

On second thought, have you considered going to Canada by way of Omaha?

Old 04-12-2015, 07:13 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,555,059 times
Not to worry, young traveler. Okies set out trailer parks as bait for the twister. Everyone knows it's a law that at least one trailer park gets hit with every tornado. The tornadoes go after trailer parks. It's in their DNA.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:44 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,189,904 times
To put it in perspective, the entire central U.S. has an elevated risk of tornadoes. Last week a tiny farm town northwest of Chicago was basically destroyed by a series of tornadoes. The only way to route around them would be to head due north, then make a right when you hit far northern Canada. There are also tens of millions of people living in the central U.S., the vast majority of whom have never even seen a tornado.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:44 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,238,862 times
I like how you called me "young" .

OK, there are thunderstorms predicted on Sat. for OK and for Sunday for Missouri and those are the days I'll be driving through those states - is it worth delaying the trip a day or just go for it and pray?

Thanks for your helpful answers!

Old 04-16-2015, 11:11 AM

2,300 posts, read 6,189,904 times
You won't even need the prayer driving through it. You're more likely to win the Missouri lottery jackpot than have a tornado form and cross the highway at the exact moment you're driving there. Even if a tornado forms, you almost always get plenty of notice to take cover.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:03 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,228,993 times
Very few thunderstorms have tornadoes.

The forecast says Saturday will have scattered showers and storms and a few of the storms may become severe. Basically we are going to get a lot of rain this weekend on Friday and Saturday, but nothing to really be afraid of. Just watch to see if the forecast changes.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:12 PM

778 posts, read 2,324,724 times
I hate to be mean but are people really this paranoid about tornadoes? Like, they just drop from the sky on a daily basis in the spring?

I've driven up and down I-5 several times as a kid when my father was stationed on the west coast and not once did we think, "wow the San Andres Fault could just rupture and we'd get swallowed up by the earth!"

I guess that phrase "you are afraid of things you don't understand" is true.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
I like how you called me "young" .
He's ndn.........they think they have to treat everyone as young.......don't take it personally, he is old enough to be considered an "elder" whether he is wise or not........

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
OK, there are thunderstorms predicted on Sat. for OK and for Sunday for Missouri and those are the days I'll be driving through those states - is it worth delaying the trip a day or just go for it and pray?
I tend to wash the car on Friday, so if there were thunderstorms predicted I would either not go to the car wash or delay the trip. Remember, though, weather forecasters lie almost as much as politicians......at least in Oklahoma. Also, weathermen like to make a big deal out of minor stuff, so if they say tornadoes, you can expect a high wind. If they say thunderstorms you can expect a drizzle........off in the distance. If they say sunshiney and hot.......delay the trip.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:38 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,671,593 times
For those who missed it before, here is a pretty damned good video showcasing how Stillwater has barely been missed from getting hit by tornados since 1990. I pray the near misses continue turning out that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=92&v=LQYAxkUZdzk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma