Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,443 times

Advertisements

Hey Greg, I was at the ranch 83-84. It's been many years and I have tried to forget the experience. It sounds like they have revamped the camps format or maybe they hid the real purpose a little better. I found James hunt on fb but he had no interest in communicating. Do you guys remember goose, al, Toby, thunder thighs? Hope all is well with you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 3,414 times
my name is ken anderson i was at royal c ranch from 85 to 90 i will never forget what my time was like . to make this short i will not tell you bad things nor do i have anything good to say about the time spent if you were there you can get ahold of me at happydoda71@yahoo.com we can talk i remember several of you .

Old 04-25-2013, 09:29 AM

1 posts, read 3,410 times
Ken's email address is kanderson_71@yahoo.com Please send any messages there. Thank you. :-)

Old 05-27-2013, 01:36 PM

4 posts, read 13,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlshipman View Post
My name is Leonard Shipman. I was at Calvary boy's Ranch from December 27, 1986 to May 20, 1989. I remember all to well my stay there. I remember and I will never ever forget. I still wake up in horror dreaming that I'm trapped there again. I worked diligently with the state legislature in Oklahoma in the early 90's against the ranch and I would do it again at the drop of a hat. I would give everything I have to see that they never ever have any contact with children again. My life was certainly changed after being warehoused there. I will never be that little 13 yr old kid that endured the daily abuse that morphed my life into a living nightmare again. I threw jesus, the bible, christianity, and god the heck out of my life after seeing what hate disguised as love really looks like - talk about wolves in sheeps clothing! If you had known me before I knew him you would understand my total and complete revulsion.
I remember this battle very well... good for you! I'm glad to know that there is SOMEONE willing to stand up and make someone take notice. There was some "underhanded" doing's to get what he wanted.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:40 PM

Anyone still on this blog???

Old 01-15-2014, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,068 times
After reading the posts you guys have left, I am concerned about my grandson. He was left there recently, so I hope everything you have said is no longer horrendous for this young teen. Anyone, what advice can you give us?

Old 01-17-2014, 11:20 AM

Annie1025, it has not changed much over the years. What they talked about still goes on and is very real. There is so much more that goes on that's not even posted on here. If it were my grandson, I would get him out of there and look for another place. I hesitate you say more... on an open forum.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,927 times
I was sent there in the early 80's (maybe 82 or 83). I remember I was the youngest kid there at 10 or 11. I still have bad feelings about that place and it's been 30 years.

Only kid I can recall the name of is Danny Cherry, he might of been 15 or so. He broke a kids arm (accidentally) play wrestling, he body slammed the boy and it broke his arm. We raised pigeons, chickens, and such. If you weren't in school you were doing farm chores, mucking out stalls, etc. The brochures and website make that place seem like a nice little private school but when I was there it had more of a prison atmosphere. They were very good at brainwashing a kid into thinking they were dirt until the McDonald's saved them.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,656 times
Default Boys Ranch Today?

One of daughter's friends was recently sent to the Boys Ranch in Eufaula. We are terrified that he is in some cult like place that adheres to the strict Fundamental Baptist teachings. Can anyone in this forum tell of their experiences there?

Old 12-06-2014, 12:40 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1961 View Post
One of daughter's friends was recently sent to the Boys Ranch in Eufaula. We are terrified that he is in some cult like place that adheres to the strict Fundamental Baptist teachings. Can anyone in this forum tell of their experiences there?
There for a minute I thought I was reading one of my own post! LOL I was raised about 2 miles north of that place. Most of what you say is an accurate representation from what us outsiders could tell. From what I remember the most about this place, is the young men that were staying there were often seen in town selling candles to raise money for this farm. They always look frightened and timid, and very rarely raised their voice louder than just a mumble. They are reminded me of a cowed dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma